• Visit Sportsmans Guide

Random Topic Thread

Armed Eye Doc

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/31/2021 at 5:35 PM, 392heminut said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Sooner or later pretty much everyone is going to get it. Look back at the Spanish flu, killed a lot of people when it first showed up and it kept mutating. Now everyone has had some form of the flu at one time or another.

It's already been said, and I think it will eventually be confirmed that the Omicron variant is weaker. Viruses don't get stronger when they mutate, they get weaker. Scientific fact.

They don’t get weaker, they trade virulence for survival. If the hosts dies, the virus die. If the host survives, the virus survives and replicates. Your right though. That consistently happens with viruses.

The good news is the at risk population to Covid is below 20% and dropping fast. That is, the “naive” population, that hasn’t been exposed to it before, or hasn’t been vaccinated and/or boosted is less then 20% of the nation’s population, and the way Omicron is spreading, it will be below 10% before long. Those are the people at greatest risk of a severe infection from Covid. Our hospitals up here are jam packed, 95% unvaccinated, but I am betting that it is over fast. With a little luck, this is the last big spike.

Edited by Sisco

On 1/2/2022 at 2:40 PM, Sisco said:

That is, the “naive” population, that hasn’t been exposed to it before, or hasn’t been vaccinated and/or boosted is less then 20% of the nation’s population

Im naive, I took my chance being a perfectly healthy adult rather than a science experiment of a drug pushed thru on greed ignoring multiple other treatments that are still being demonized by pharma and the government while they sit back and count their billions 

I tested positive yesterday, felt like I got hit by a truck and had a fever. Fever broke 12am this morning, now I feel much better like minor flu. Now I have the best vaxx, natural amenity that’s the only thing that will beat it. Vaxxed people are getting sick too so who’s naive? Also 20% the population isn’t vaxxed? I’d like to see where you got that number? 

PS: I totally understand those who chose to get vaxxed due to age, or health. 

On 1/2/2022 at 2:40 PM, Sisco said:

Our hospitals up here are jam packed, 95% unvaccinated, but I am betting that it is over fast. With a little luck, this is the last big spike.

How much of that has to do with health care workers being rail roaded. or people with minor symptoms clogging up the system to get tested when they should just stay home and do a couple over the counter tests? Because I know that’s what’s happening down here. 

1 hour ago, shepp said:

Im naive, I took my chance being a perfectly healthy adult rather than a science experiment of a drug pushed thru on greed ignoring multiple other treatments that are still being demonized by pharma and the government while they sit back and count their billions 

I tested positive yesterday, felt like I got hit by a truck and had a fever. Fever broke 12am this morning, now I feel much better like minor flu. Now I have the best vaxx, natural amenity that’s the only thing that will beat it. Vaxxed people are getting sick too so who’s naive? Also 20% the population isn’t vaxxed? I’d like to see where you got that number? 

PS: I totally understand those who chose to get vaxxed due to age, or health. 

How much of that has to do with health care workers being rail roaded. or people with minor symptoms clogging up the system to get tested when they should just stay home and do a couple over the counter tests? Because I know that’s what’s happening down here. 

First, you might have had a previous variant and simply been a carrier. At this point there is absolutely no way of knowing. But if you have mild symptoms there is a very high chance that is the case.

Two: In the reporting network up here, only 5% of the hospitalized patients were vaccinated, and that includes elderly, obese, and immunosuppressed patients who are all at high risk of vaccine breakthroughs. Interestingly, most the hospitalized patients are in their 30’s and 40’s and 50’s  since in Bayfield County, 94% of residents 60 and above are vaccinated.

My friend who is a health care nurse and another friend who is a physician are not the type of people to get railroaded. They are the type of people who will work themselves to exhaustion to save lives. And that is what they are doing nonstop right now. So I call BS to your railroaded comment. The local hospital has patients in beds in the hallways right now. We just got back from Mayo for followup appointments for my wife’s heart procedure. Her cardiologist said they have suspended ablation and noncritical procedures because of no beds available at the Rochester hospitals due to Covid.

The fact is even with the Omicron variant you carry fewer viruses to give to others if you have been vaccinated and boosted. And even if you have caught it you will only have a fraction of the antibodies that a person with three doses of the vaccine has. Now if you get vaccinated AND have contracted Covid, your antibody levels are what is called “Superimmunity” which is as close to being bulletproof as you can get.

To again be blunt, I think the lower vaccination rates among younger populations is a response to the fact the younger you are, the less chance you have of getting seriously ill, especially with the less pathogenic Omicron variant. If it is passed on to someone older or compromised, there is no accountability or collective responsibility. After all old people die anyway, so it is every man or woman for themselves. But that is the way the whole country is going so it is what it is. I have pretty much accepted that and just work to minimize my family’s odds. So far I have been successful. If you choose to skip vaccinations fine. Just skip the rationalizations, they aren’t needed.

On 1/3/2022 at 10:28 AM, Sisco said:

First, you might have had a previous variant and simply been a carrier. At this point there is absolutely no way of knowing. But if you have mild symptoms there is a very high chance that is the case.

There are anti body tests but price point it’s to high on them for anyone to regularly do it. I actually looked into it 3 weeks ago 

My friend who is a health care nurse and another friend who is a physician are not the type of people to get railroaded. They are the type of people who will work themselves to exhaustion to save lives. And that is what they are doing nonstop right now. So I call BS to your railroaded comment. The local hospital has patients in beds in the hallways right now. We just got back from Mayo for followup appointments for my wife’s heart procedure. Her cardiologist said they have suspended ablation and noncritical procedures because of no beds available at the Rochester hospitals due to Covid.

I’m talking big picture here. Sorry your friends are working so much but it’s well shown that hospitals are struggling due to lack of health nation wide. I’m sorry you took that so personally…

ow if you get vaccinated AND have contracted Covid, your antibody levels are what is called “Superimmunity” which is as close to being bulletproof as you can get.

From what I’ve read and heard in reports this is FALSE and being vaxxed after contracting Covid can make the side affects of the vaxx far worse. 

To again be blunt, I think the lower vaccination rates among younger populations is a response to the fact the younger you are, the less chance you have of getting seriously ill, especially with the less pathogenic Omicron variant. If it is passed on to someone older or compromised, there is no accountability or collective responsibility. After all old people die anyway, so it is every man or woman for themselves. But that is the way the whole country is going so it is what it is. I have pretty much accepted that and just work to minimize my family’s odds. So far I have been successful. If you choose to skip vaccinations fine. Just skip the rationalizations, they aren’t needed.

Among the minority population due to things like the Tuskegee experiments and tests the gubberment did to them. 64% of blacks in nyc 80+ in Chicago. Which makes me wonder still where you came up with that 20% the country is unvaxxed 

I'm not looking to change your mind, but to sit here and name call those who choose not to is asinine. 

there’s one thing none of us can beat and that’s time, and when it’s your time, it’s your time 

On 1/3/2022 at 11:25 AM, shepp said:

Which makes me wonder still where you came up with that 20% the country is unvaxxed 

60% as of a month ago were vaxxed 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/12/09/coronavirus-vaccine-milestone-us-omicron/

As of 6 a.m. EDT Dec. 29, a total of 205,638,307 Americans had been fully vaccinated, or 61.9 percent of the country's population, according to the CDC's data.4 days ago

what next do we force everyone to get flu vaxx? Cuz a minor percentage of people die from that yearly too!? 

Almost ever case here is vaccinated, we have the highest vax rate in the country, not helping a thing. The hospitals are clogged but not with serious cases but the usual idiots who go for every little thing, same as before. Still no deaths worldwide from omicron. It’s endemic at this point. My 94 yr old grandmother has had it, twice, from caregivers. Up here nurses who have it but are asymptomatic are still required to work. 

On 1/3/2022 at 2:42 PM, edgecrusher said:

Almost ever case here is vaccinated, we have the highest vax rate in the country, not helping a thing. The hospitals are clogged but not with serious cases but the usual idiots who go for every little thing, same as before. Still no deaths worldwide from omicron. It’s endemic at this point. My 94 yr old grandmother has had it, twice, from caregivers. Up here nurses who have it but are asymptomatic are still required to work. 

Same with Dane county (Madison wisconsin) they’re the highest vaxxed, the highest regulated and the highest amount of cases not long ago 

My coworker that just got it told me today his wife got it with him. She’s had it once before and had just gotten her booster 3 weeks prior to getting it. She’s a VP for a local high school and has been pretty on top of things. Hopefully it at least limited her illness, but 3 shots and Covid twice. Bah. 

10 hours ago, shepp said:

I tested positive yesterday, felt like I got hit by a truck and had a fever. Fever broke 12am this morning, now I feel much better like minor flu.

Don't start thinking you're out of the woods yet! I've heard several times of people (my best friend and my daughter included) of the fever breaking and coming back several times while it runs it's course. I hope that's not your case brother, just know it is possible and take care of yourself. I want to see your Viking ass back at the SDTF next year!

On 1/3/2022 at 6:49 PM, 392heminut said:

Don't start thinking you're out of the woods yet! I've heard several times of people (my best friend and my daughter included) of the fever breaking and coming back several times while it runs it's course. I hope that's not your case brother, just know it is possible and take care of yourself. I want to see your Viking ass back at the SDTF next year!

Thanks buddy, I’m taking it easy and taking in a lot of liquids along with my normal vitamins 

On 1/3/2022 at 8:05 PM, Armed Eye Doc said:

I think I saw you take Vitamin D and zinc.  Both are good for immune system and can help to reduce symptoms and duration of the disease.

Yes sir along with a few Other immune boost type products. Noticed last year vit D helped with the seasonal depression too

I found a small bag of that crap hunting years ago, think it was meth. it was a small clearish rock and i mean small. i left it layin. i got up and moved from hunting a powerline too. didn't want to get accused of it being mine if a game warden showed up.

Edited by Belt Fed