• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Random Topic Thread

Armed Eye Doc

On 1/3/2022 at 9:55 PM, Belt Fed said:

The son in law just texted me two pics, they bought a box of DVD's at goodwill and a bag of crystal meth was in one of them.

Looks like hell beable to stay up all night and watch those movies now 😁😁😁😁

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/4/2022 at 3:16 PM, Belt Fed said:

Used to do this when i was young, we had nothing that would run with this thing back then. put it on full screen.

I was watching coverage of Dakar last night Audi entered an electric “car” this year 

I think the whole green electric car thing is a bunch of bullshit as much of us know the reality behind sourcing the materials for electronics. But this is still pretty cool. 

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/amp37114849/audi-rs-q-e-tron-dakar-rally/

On 1/4/2022 at 11:12 PM, 98Z5V said:

My tank of gas lasts longer than his battery charge does...   :popcorn:

true but around here it would be pretty cool to ride because it’s almost impossible to ride anywhere with out some asshole bitching about the noise. 

I was sitting in my camp site in hells canyon a month ago, it was dark and all the sudden I hear that electric motor noise and a small light. I’m sitting there like wtf is this?!? It was the guy camping kitty corner from me on what looked like a Electric MX/mountain bike hybrid. He was elk hunting and was using it to get into places still legal for such transportation, but where a truck or ATV wouldn’t go. 

Gas is king but I think E and it’s tech are interesting 

On 1/5/2022 at 11:33 AM, unforgiven said:

The tech on the electric motors is amazing.

Right, for example the power tool industry, I just saw Milwaukee and makita make a “gas ax” cut off saw now. I was talking to a buddy of mine he said the company he works for has a couple and uses them on I closed jobs 

12 hours ago, unforgiven said:

The tech on the electric motors is amazing.

11 hours ago, shepp said:

Right, for example the power tool industry, I just saw Milwaukee and makita make a “gas ax” cut off saw now. I was talking to a buddy of mine he said the company he works for has a couple and uses them on I closed jobs 

MXF002-2XC_B.jpg

Friend's company looking at these which are basically electric 'gennys' 

On 1/6/2022 at 12:15 AM, 98Z5V said:

I converted all my battery-powered tools over to Milwaukee 3 or 4 years ago.  Best thing I ever did.  My tool-truck guy could retire off me, if he wanted to - but it's completely worth it, for me. 

My aunt just started for Milwaukee once things get back to normal I can start buying power tools thru her. I can get accessories now.

1 hour ago, shepp said:

My aunt just started for Milwaukee once things get back to normal I can start buying power tools thru her. I can get accessories now.

:drool: I've been told they are different these days but the set I bought in 2006 is still doing what I need, a few new batteries and one who knows how many thousand operating hours drill refurbish for $75, I might be good for life now.  My whole career they have been a reliable go to brand.

On 1/6/2022 at 11:06 AM, jtallen83 said:

:drool: I've been told they are different these days but the set I bought in 2006 is still doing what I need, a few new batteries and one who knows how many thousand operating hours drill refurbish for $75, I might be good for life now.  My whole career they have been a reliable go to brand.

Thing that sucks is that I’ve always had makita. about 15 years ago all us guys at work decided to get different sets and it was right when the lithium 18v batteries came out so I picked makita. It’s need a great brand too. I upgraded 6-7 years ago to brushless and gave my dad my old drill and impact. I still have some of the other older tools, my saws all is about to give up on me but it’s been a good run after 15 years of alot of wet oily work

Work supplied cordless tools are Milwaukee, home stuff is DeWalt. 

These days Milwaukee seems to have the largest number cordless options. Now f you're invested into one brand with batteries and chargers, companies are now starting to offer battery adapters allowing you to use one brand battery on other brand cordless tool.

Be careful in that depending on the tool's battery compartment as the adapter add height to tool.