• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What are your other hobbies and interests?

imschur

This 172M Skyhawk is the one I bought in around 1981 in Woodward Oklahoma, and flew it four years and sold it in 1984 also in Woodward in1984 it had King radios and was IFR certified. It had the original paint from 1974. That picture was taken in Moreland OK. at my hanger.  N20721 is still flying in Mass. Without the wheel pants.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mrmackc said:

This 172M Skyhawk is the one I bought in around 1981 in Woodward Oklahoma, and flew it four years and sold it in 1984 also in Woodward in1984 it had King radios and was IFR certified. It had the original paint from 1974. That picture was taken in Moreland OK. at my hanger.  N20721 is still flying in Mass. Without the wheel pants.

Im a 172 hater....ask me about the time I crashed a 172 on the tarmac while taxiing to the active....hint....wind 25 knots         Wash

2 hours ago, mrmackc said:

Mine was a '73 M model 172, IFR certified, VOR/DME, ADF, 2nd VOR.  N20308 was sold to a dude who flew it around a bit, then sold it to someone down Mexico way.

The N-number is now a hot air balloon in New Mexico.

37 minutes ago, DNP said:

Sure....blame the wind. 

:lmao:  I'd been in wind so blustery gusty in my 172, it took me almost 10 minutes to turn 180° to get out of that mess.  Once I made it back over the pass, it took another 10 minutes to get my voice normal enough to call approach.  Felt like a major poosy, until I heard the airliners requesting lower altitudes from approach due to the turbulence.

Got back to the airport and the air was as smooth as glass.

I hate CAT.

8 minutes ago, DNP said:

Sure....blame the wind. 

FAA said I wasnt at fault...lol     So only had my ticket for bout a year...reserved a Cherokee 180 to go visit a gal in Norman Ok...got to airport and they had given my plane away...okay gimme a Cherokee 140 ...nope none available...but you can use the 172 they said...Hell no the wind is blowing 25 not gonna do it high wing planes suk ..

my old instructor said take the damn 172 you puss.....okay go out side and the bitch was straining on the tie downs....out comes my instructor and two other guys...are you kidding me? They get me unhooked do the preflight ..damn thing was about to take off on her own...this is not a good idea I mutter,but pu$$y calls... I light up the engine and light up a smoke...taxi around the hangers on the tarmac where the big planes are...and this dust devil appears...before I can say $hit..im on my prop and one wing... tail up.. being pushed towards the big planes....engine off.. cigarette out ... both feet on brakes hanging from my seat belt.....getting closer and closer to the bigger planes....guys from the hanger come running and get the tail down and I dont remember how ..cause im getting strangled in the waist from the seatbelt...and ended up about 20 feet from the big boys....when your in your 20s' you do stoopid things when the poo tang calls...yes the pilot is in charge...but they made me take it I tell the FAA.... people in the office took the blame..I dunno how the FAA didnt snag me but they didnt...WHEW

confusion smiley      Wash

2 hours ago, washguy said:

Im a 172 hater....ask me about the time I crashed a 172 on the tarmac while taxiing to the active....hint....wind 25 knots         Wash

Well I reckon sometimes you just have to say NO, but as I remember, that was just not in the flight plan when you are 16 or 20. I prefer a low wing single engine. a Mooney 230 is my favorite. and a King Air is my fav. 2 engine. I am old fashioned  enough to want to see these propellers out there blowing air. My little wake up heart attack and stint shut down my medical.  I had 2 172s back when they were cheap, I gave $12,000 for N20721 and sold it for $15,000 with 1700 original hours on the meter. Most of my flying was in a Cherokee 6 and a Mooney.

MrMac.....Heck yeah on the mooney's

Remember the ads for em...all the folks sitting on the wing...flew em when I could.. and flew the cherokee 6...didnt it have the 300 hp engine?  Rented one out of love field a few times...but being in traffic with jet,airliners was scary...tower yelling expedite please over and over on final.    I still get to copilot this gal with my uncle who flies his lil baby every week.      Wash

20140125_173735.jpg

You folks are an interesting group to say the least. From flying to underwater playing, from awesome woodworking to making babies. Hot rodders to bikers to grammar Nazis; a forum for just about any one around. As for me, I like riding my 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring now with 37K miles on the clock. And for that matter, I believe I love all motorcycles. I have a EX500 Ninja back in Denver doing duty with my youngest son right now. His mom and 2 older brothers all learned to ride on the little beauty. I have had 28 bikes overall in 35 years of riding. I will say my favorite overall is still the VMAX. Can't get rid of the R3T though, it is a 'forever' bike. I wouldn't have parted with the VMAX except that one time when the mountain attacked me while riding it. I parted that day in a grand fashion...

1 hour ago, Boog said:

You folks are an interesting group to say the least. From flying to underwater playing, from awesome woodworking to making babies. Hot rodders to bikers to grammar Nazis; a forum for just about any one around. As for me, I like riding my 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring now with 37K miles on the clock. And for that matter, I believe I love all motorcycles. I have a EX500 Ninja back in Denver doing duty with my youngest son right now. His mom and 2 older brothers all learned to ride on the little beauty. I have had 28 bikes overall in 35 years of riding. I will say my favorite overall is still the VMAX. Can't get rid of the R3T though, it is a 'forever' bike. I wouldn't have parted with the VMAX except that one time when the mountain attacked me while riding it. I parted that day in a grand fashion...

My first bike was a 1993 ex500 paid 500$ for it and it was a death trap lol. I crashed it twice once I fixated on a mail box in a corner and ended up supermaning thrus a ditch and broke my hand, the other we were going to a friends house and my buddy made a turn when I thought we were going to go straight and I washed out the front and slid down the road on my forearm. I had road rash from my wrist to my arm pit on my right arm, the real shitty part was I had sent my jacket off the day before to get a zipper fixed. After that I started looking for a new bike and bought my 99' TL1000r, I don't ride much anymore but I still have her. I can't bring my self to selling her, so she just sits in the garage

12 hours ago, washguy said:

MrMac.....Heck yeah on the mooney's

Remember the ads for em...all the folks sitting on the wing...flew em when I could.. and flew the cherokee 6...didnt it have the 300 hp engine?  Rented one out of love field a few times...but being in traffic with jet,airliners was scary...tower yelling expedite please over and over on final.    I still get to copilot this gal with my uncle who flies his lil baby every week.      Wash

20140125_173735.jpg

Yes,  beautiful twiin. My first twin was an old Piper Aztec.  Once on takeoff from my friends 3500' farm grass strip the right side door popped open on wheels up. That was the closest I ever came to buying the farmIng .  

An instructor and student from the flight school that shared our building had a luggage door open on a Piper twin, while doing approaches at another field.

They went to work on it, got it closed and secured.  Then bellied in the plane.  The instructor got fired, the student was told to move on.

2 hours ago, Boog said:

@shepp Brother, you gotta get her out and ride. That TL is a great bike for corner strafing. She'll be grateful an you'll get that all so needed boost to your psyche...

Totally missed the mention of Shepp's TL1000.

Shepp, dude:

Toying with super cars!

Or you can be the guy with the camera:

Would love to hook up with you guys to jump out of those air taxi's 

Then go riding on my 1000 Ninja with ya! Used to go up to Pocano raceway all the time to do the WERA racing school! Was awesome to light it up around the track and have an instructor fallow you and the critique your ride and give suggestions to improve your ride and time! What a rush!

Would love to hook up with you guys to jump out of those air taxi's 

Then go riding on my 1000 Ninja with ya! Used to go up to Pocano raceway all the time to do the WERA racing school! Was awesome to light it up around the track and have an instructor fallow you and the critique your ride and give suggestions to improve your ride and time! What a rush!

3 hours ago, survivalshop said:

All that rice grinding is making me hungry , I like Chicken with my rice :lmao:

How bout duck? The TL's nickname on the track was "the one liter duc eater". They were susuki's combats to the 916 or the 996, I forget which. Oh and if I remember correctly all the HD's were in back or broke down till they're program of racing farm machinery went belly up.