• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Lets see your AR-15

imschur

12 hours ago, Savage11006 said:

Nice gun! Have to admit I'm a little jelly of that work bench set up.

@Savage11006 My buddy Junior (RIP) worked at a metal fab shop and made it for me 20+ years ago. It serves as a workbench, reloading bench, a bar during garage parties and became my temporary office for a couple weeks during the Covid shutdown.image.thumb.jpg.7fe3d4689a5bdd43e69cb56f8b9d16ca.jpg

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

My favorite small frame AR, 20” Bushmaster Predator upper I swapped out the factory forend from it for a 15” YHM Todd Jarrett forend. Lower is a  SAA stripped lower I built out using a mil spec parts kit with JP low weight/high reliability springs and a set screw up the grip screw hole to adjust travel out the trigger, mil spec carbine buffer system with standard weight buffer and LMT SOPMOD stock. The scope is a Leupold vari-x iic 3-9x50mm in a Burris PEPR mount.F0E696BF-D246-403B-A8AA-A73BA560BC64.thumb.jpeg.421ded2aebd0463d9653a3e03f327d6f.jpegMy wife’s 5.56 rifle, 16” Ballistic Advantage modern series govt profile mid length gas barrel, aero precision upper receiver, forend from the bushmaster Predator, aero precision BCG. Lower is another SAA stripped lower built with a mil spec LPK that also has the JP lower weight/high reliability springs with set screw up the grip screw hole for adjusting trigger travel. Rifle buffer system with Magpul MOE A1 length stock. Scope is a Vortex crossfire 2 3-9x40mm in a Primary Arms mount.E96AEA9F-64A5-4AF6-A8B9-28D727263AEC.thumb.jpeg.24bf9713b64ccb316eaf38cc30f3cc56.jpeg

• 7 months later...

My 2-gun rig . GLFA 5.56 carbine , nothing special just another 700.00 carbine  and my PSA dagger . I bought both of these guns to play a game and I will be damned the carbine has run through 2000 rounds with out a hitch running an Aimpoint pro I am making impact's on reduced silhouette targets at 150 yds shooting off hand . the pistol is a psa dagger and it has roughly 1000 rounds down the pipe with out a failure  . Time will tell if either of these guns are worth a crap but so far they are 100% .

Image 8-10-22 at 6.33 PM.jpeg

41 minutes ago, jwb47 said:

2-gun rig . GLFA 5.56 carbine , nothing special just another 700.00 carbine  and my PSA dagger .

I have seen a couple of PSA's combos where you get a basic AR15 and and PSA Rock for around $700.  I was seriously tempted when I saw it for $600 or $650 around Christmas.  If I weren't building a house, I would have bought them.

Psa small caliber is a solid purchase. I've tested it , just as they did in the dirt. It works. My bro has a dagger and nothing wrong yet. Not close to 1k. We will ramp that up soon.. he just went full psa 308. So I have work to do! 🍻

Like everybody, they got the AR15 stuff right.  Everybody has that stuff right, with very, very few exceptions, ever.  Because there's a standard, and it's been leaked, and everyone knows the prints.  Hardly anyone fuks up the AR15 platform in 5.56/.223 Rem.  If someone DOES fuk it up, it's because they're only a dealer in blem parts, or they TRIED to not pay attention to standards.  Having a 5.56 PSA gun run shouldn't be a surprise.

The Dagger.  That's just a Glock.  There are 34 parts to a Glock.  Change the poly frame a little bit in it's configuration, change some of the angles on the slide - it's still just a Glock 19 that they're making.  It's pretty hard to fuk that up, if you buy one, reverse engineer it, change a few of the things I mentioned, and then declare it as a revolutionary pistol.  It's still just a Glock.  It's the AK of the pistol world - the thing is gonna run, no matter what you do to it.

So, for PSA being at the leading edge of technology, and making great guns - I'd buy that line, if they only did the AR15s and the Glock-Copies.  But, they can't figure out the .308 Large Frame to save their lives.  They're either stubborn, or stupid.  Everything is out there, has been for over 10 years now - and they still won't make it right.

Because...  Money.  $$$.  Profit margins.  Make a cheap gun, that works for some of the people, some of the time, with some of the ammo, call it a "Lifetime Guarantee" and hope nobody smart take you up on that - because those guns don't work.

That's my soapbox for tonight...   :soap::banhim::thefinger:

6 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Like everybody, they got the AR15 stuff right.  Everybody has that stuff right, with very, very few exceptions, ever.  Because there's a standard, and it's been leaked, and everyone knows the prints.  Hardly anyone fuks up the AR15 platform in 5.56/.223 Rem.  If someone DOES fuk it up, it's because they're only a dealer in blem parts, or they TRIED to not pay attention to standards.  Having a 5.56 PSA gun run shouldn't be a surprise.

The Dagger.  That's just a Glock.  There are 34 parts to a Glock.  Change the poly frame a little bit in it's configuration, change some of the angles on the slide - it's still just a Glock 19 that they're making.  It's pretty hard to fuk that up, if you buy one, reverse engineer it, change a few of the things I mentioned, and then declare it as a revolutionary pistol.  It's still just a Glock.  It's the AK of the pistol world - the thing is gonna run, no matter what you do to it.

So, for PSA being at the leading edge of technology, and making great guns - I'd buy that line, if they only did the AR15s and the Glock-Copies.  But, they can't figure out the .308 Large Frame to save their lives.  They're either stubborn, or stupid.  Everything is out there, has been for over 10 years now - and they still won't make it right.

Because...  Money.  $$$.  Profit margins.  Make a cheap gun, that works for some of the people, some of the time, with some of the ammo, call it a "Lifetime Guarantee" and hope nobody smart take you up on that - because those guns don't work.

That's my soapbox for tonight...   :soap::banhim::thefinger:

I agree . for a decent shooting ar15 frame rifle PSA has got it down pat . some of their other adventure's not so much . 

Another fun gun I put together . It has a Daniel defense DMR 18" profile barrel , rise armament drop in trigger , an old essential arms lower , vortex gen 2 viper 3x15x44 , mag-pul rifle stock , mag-pul bi-pod ,  and fed a steady diet of 77 grain matchkings . I shoot prs gas gun tactical matches  and about the farthest we shoot is around 700-750 yds  . The match director drags up all kinds of odd ball prop's to shoot off of to keep it real  LOL he had a set of trailer step's and said it would be a common item to shoot off of here in south east Missouri  .

287515851_10220455014662186_1510441635456279496_n.jpeg

6 minutes ago, AngelDeVille said:

well poop, one of my most reliable AR's has an Olympic lower, those were supposedly the crappiest parts ever...  pre-interwebz days....

I remember those day's way back when olympic arms , essential arms and colt was about the only lower's available . I'm giving away my age now .

12 hours ago, AngelDeVille said:

well poop, one of my most reliable AR's has an Olympic lower, those were supposedly the crappiest parts ever...  pre-interwebz days....

I have an Oly AR from the Ban Days - one of the most accurate barrels I've ever owned.  Have the AR-45 upper, too.

People that hated on Oly never owned one - OR - they owned that cast aluminum lower receiver.  That thing wasn't very "long-term" but it was cheap.  What alot of people don't know is that they were THE ONLY company back then that made 100% of their own parts, right in house, by themselves.  And, they made parts for other well-known companies, too. 

• 2 weeks later...