• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Gun Fun

Lefty308

Hi, from CT the "other" state. Funny story...my lefty AR15 got lonely after being surrounded by pistols and bolt actions for years and years so I bought an LR308 from out of state to be shipped to a local FFL. Now while I was waiting for the gun to be put together, apparently it wasn't quite in stock like the site stated. I being as impatient as I am went about assembling one. Aero M5 receiver set, BA 18" SS heavy barrel etc, got it done just about the time they shipped the bought gun to the FFL who promptly refused the gun on the grounds that AR10 was stamped on it. So I had to pay the transfer fee and shipping cost to send it back for correction. It's still not in my hands as of yet. Meanwhile the monstrosity I built is short cycling and I tracked the issue down to the seemingly frequent undersized gas port. I plan to go test it after I finish putting together this AR15 chambered in 7.62 x39. Happy to be here!

The refusal on the gun created nothing but problems because the manufacturer/ builder is trying to be smart. So I'm letting the credit card company deal with all that nonsense. I just want my money back. In "other" news, I finally took the LR308 to the range to test the no cycling fix and oh yeah!!!. Next up is the AR15 chambered in 7.62 x 39. I got it assembled but it failed the headspace test so the barrel is getting returned and a name brand is on the way. I see another LR308 in my immediate future which will bring my building frenzy to an end. In fact I ordered the Areo receiver set at a sweet price of $185, can't beat that with a stick! I'm putting a 20" bull barrel on that one. Gotta get them now before the Communists clamp down on the stipulations of our Founding Fathers!

• 1 month later...