• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, shepp said:

Love white fish, that bar I met you at for dinner used to have it 

Can’t do fresh, but want me to stop by my friends fish market and bring you down some filets to the shoot? I would buy them fresh, then freeze them.

22 hours ago, Sisco said:

Can’t do fresh, but want me to stop by my friends fish market and bring you down some filets to the shoot? I would buy them fresh, then freeze them.

I appreciate it but I still got a bunch of walleye and coho in the freezer 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

They are not grilled, but this is tonight's dinner.  Farm raised quail breast marinated overnight in Allegro's Hot and Spicy then wrapped with cheese and some jalapeno in a strip of bacon.  Baked in the oven for 30 min.

Before:

IMG_20210825_175113.thumb.jpg.e83405b60c420d59866e078a2185de9a.jpg

After cooking:

IMG_20210825_184220.thumb.jpg.ab71a4cfd4c4220ced8dba11143749f1.jpg

Yes, we ran out of bacon

Damn those look good!!

Eurasian Collared Dove are considered a "pest" here, or "nuisance" - however they class them.  So, free game anytime, anywhere.  Eliminate them whenever you see fit. 

I think Saturday night, we'll be turning some of them into dinner at @JBMatt's house.  :thumbup:

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

Eurasian Collared Dove are considered a "pest" here, or "nuisance" - however they class them.  So, free game anytime, anywhere.  Eliminate them whenever you see fit. 

I think Saturday night, we'll be turning some of them into dinner at @JBMatt's house.  :thumbup:

Grouse is a great bird for better than chicken  taste. I have a few local doves that I'm hoping become more popular.  

6 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Those are big bastards here…that’s damn near a chicken. 

Bueaty brother 🍻 finally got a stainless steel drip pan for the DB. Waited 5 mos. for shipping. Finally guy took one from a grill he had. He's using his GM with a broken ignitor,by using a torch to start the fire. GM parts are hard to come by. A spare ignitor is good to have. I just put in a new one. Just my 2 mags

14 hours ago, shepp said:

Last night

Texas Twinkies basically jalapeño poppers with brisket in the cream cheese 

BAF1AE56-AA21-4BB3-9023-650FECB5D0AB.jpeg

FC0EFED0-41BC-43DB-AF5D-612DB3657B94.jpeg

36064C6A-C431-4399-B754-ECC2210BBE3A.jpeg

919A29EF-B008-49B7-A63A-61C4A5C13024.jpeg

Next time my woman makes jalepenos poppers I will post pics. Hers look similar to those though. She made shrimp ones a few weeks ago. She's from Texas so I don't argue or try to intervene with her BBQ. 

I forgot to mention, I got these peppers from my go to pepper guy at the market (garden was an epic fail this year). As I started seeding these peppers my eyes and nose were watering a touch. Didn’t put a lot of thought into it until about 45 sec after I finished the second one my tongue was on fire, brow was sweating and nose was snotting. I’ve never in my life had a jalapeño as hot as these 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

rene that sucks, mine came quick this winter, the supply chain is so fuckedup!!