imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Been awhile haven't made anything to brag about. Tried different methods for cooking ribs on the GM and found one that seems to work with less fukin around. Baby back's using the 3-2-1 method at 225* no flipping or changing temp. Ribs meat side up for 3 hrs. spritz we apple juice and Worcestershire sauce teaspoon and 3/4 oz of apple juice on the hour. 2 hrs wrapped in foil after quick spritz. 1 out of foil on the grill. Done. Meat temperature was 190*. Slathered yellow mustard and added rub overnight. The next day windy as hell the grill was blown over in the yard, got neighbor to help me get it up right. 

IMG_20220305_155750769.jpg

IMG_20220304_163517490.jpg

IMG_20220305_160451233.jpg

On 3/8/2022 at 12:04 PM, unforgiven said:

Been awhile haven't made anything to brag about. Tried different methods for cooking ribs on the GM and found one that seems to work with less fukin around. Baby back's using the 3-2-1 method at 225* no flipping or changing temp. Ribs meat side up for 3 hrs. spritz we apple juice and Worcestershire sauce teaspoon and 3/4 oz of apple juice on the hour. 2 hrs wrapped in foil after quick spritz. 1 out of foil on the grill. Done. Meat temperature was 190*. Slathered yellow mustard and added rub overnight. The next day windy as hell the grill was blown over in the yard, got neighbor to help me get it up right. 

IMG_20220305_155750769.jpg

IMG_20220304_163517490.jpg

IMG_20220305_160451233.jpg

Those look great Rene! Saturday night did you get a bunch of wind? It was pretty bad up here, weathers been crazier than all my ex’s combined 

• 3 weeks later...

Good news is the grill still works after getting blown over. Real happy with the 3-2-1 method last time we put the foil on loose and it was good, this time we wrapped it tight and what a difference. The meat had more bone exposed at the end and was so soft it broke into thirds. Took it out of the foil and put back on the grill for some color 20 min. Next time we will take it out of the foil after 1 hr. 30 I like the meat a little more firm. This was softest meat ever. Then we did a 10# turkey no stuffing at 225* took 3 1/2 hrs for breast to read 265*. It was in a disposable alum pan basted a couple of times, was just ok. A little dry, crispy skin ( that is inedible) legs/ wing removed were a little under cooked. Chicken on the throne is always jucy but I've had better results cooking a turkey on the Weber with the indirect method just have to watch the fire.

IMG_20220316_154334903.jpg

IMG_20220325_155153385.jpg

19 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

When granddaughter started school teacher told her to tell the class a little something about herself,she got up and said "I like meat" end of story.😁

When my niece was in elementary school, the class was talking about deer.  Most other kids said they liked deer because they were cute.  My niece said she liked them because they were tasty. :lmao:

12 hours ago, unforgiven said:

When granddaughter started school teacher told her to tell the class a little something about herself,she got up and said "I like meat" end of story.😁

My cousin is an electrical engineering prof and went to Finland to teach for 4 months( exchange) so he brought his son( about 5 yo) when they got back the two biggest highlights of the kid's adventue was 1- going to Santa's village 2) after that eating Rudolph for lunch( the place served raindeer burgers