• Visit Sportsmans Guide

Dick's sporting goods stops rifle sales

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pretty genius from a marketing standpoint. PSA only sells things to people who are ok with guns. This standpoint may not make an anti happy, but they don't shop there anyways. While the pro 2A will be proud of them for saying it, and potentially even buy something in support. 

I'm sure they are sincere about it, but it was a wise move to put it out there. 

I started on this forum with a mid-gas PSA 14.5 in 5.56. I asked them back then if I could buy the rifle without a muzzle device, as I would put on my own. They sent me to someone else that said ok. They sold them like that for awhile, I haven't noticed them for sale like that. That was about 7 yrs ago. That was the beginning of my addiction.

• 1 month later...

"I was going to buy a gun, but DSG destroyed the one I wanted so now I wont get one"

Said nobody ever

. Companies and shareholders dont like to throw profit out the window, so either the "remaining guns" are almost zero and they figure the PR will make up for the loss, or a bloomberg type bought them all out to destroy for the headlines. 

On a similar note. I read a story and saw an interview (with the CFO I think) where Bank of America (of all names) is going to stop offering any lines of credit to weapons manufactures who sell "assault style weapons" to the public. So basically, all of them.

After reading that, I sold off the last 300 shares of BofA stock out of the brokerage account and rolled it over into another banks' stock. Made me kinda glad that I've been slowly selling off that original larger position in them over the last six months as their stock price climbed. I also fired off an email to them (not that it'll make a difference to them), explaining why I refused to invest in their institution any longer. Banks shouldn't be trying to influence policy. Even though we all know that they've always been doing it all throughout history.

In the neck with Bank of America.

48 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

In the neck with Bank of America.

I shitcanned them back when they took over the Army Govt credit card, from American Express. 

They were so jacked in how they treated soldiers, it was pathetic.

• 3 weeks later...

Springfield is trying hard to make us forget they paid lobbyists to get them a cut out in an anti 2A Illinois law proposal just a year ago. This is about as comical as it is hypocritical;

DYLStyleBanner_SALogoAndWebsite.jpeg

GENESEO, IL, (05/03/18) – Springfield Armory is severing ties with Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, in response to their hiring a group for anti-Second Amendment lobbying.

This latest action follows Dick’s Sporting Goods’ decision to remove and destroy all modern sporting rifles (MSR) from their inventory. In addition, they have denied Second Amendment rights to Americans under the age of 21. We at Springfield Armory believe that all law abiding American citizens of adult age are guaranteed this sacred right under our Constitution.

It is clear where Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, stand on the Second Amendment, and we want to be clear about our message in response. Their position runs counter to what we stand for as a company. At Springfield Armory, we believe in the right and principles fought for and secured by American patriots and our founding forefathers, without question. We will not accept Dick’s Sporting Goods’ continued attempts to deny Second Amendment freedoms to our fellow Americans.

I REALLY like seeing where this is heading, too. 

The tactics they've used are being turned against them. 

I love the "sanctuary county" gun laws.  I love the "drop them as being sponsored by us."

Same thing the Libs have tried pulling for awhile now, and it's all coming back on them.  Let's see how they like it.

I sent that post about mossburg to a friend of mine he said “I’d never buy a gun from dicks” then followed up with I was surprised to see dicks in Schaumburg (a suburb of shitcago) sold guns.” I replied I wouldn’t ever buy a gun there either, but you know who would, people that live in Schaumburg, and that’s why this is awesome. None of us are gonn go buy a gun there but joe blow burb yuppie will and this will just force that yuppie to go somewhere else, somewhere better