imschur

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, DNP said:

Yeah...but that picture totally changes when you add the words “of legal citizens” after population. Also sad. 

That makes sense - when you have 30 people living in a 3-bedroom human trafficking house.  Never thought about that part of it, man.  That's why they shouldn't be allowed to partake in the US Census, too.  One more thing to throw into the pile of "what they shouldn't be allowed to do in this country."  Seriously.  We're coming up on that one again, shortly... 

3 hours ago, Sisco said:

7601D89D-D5E3-4368-AB4E-DF9AD4C255C4.jpeg

As an outsider  I find the US Constitution a brilliant document and demonstrated by forethought of the founding fathers to install checks and balances.

Unlike Americans I actually do not directly vote for my country's leader, our Senate is appointed not elected(  Americans recognized this issue hence the 17th amendment), once in power there is little oversight of a majority government in Canada.

5 hours ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

Unlike Americans I actually do not directly vote for my country's leader, our Senate is appointed not elected(  Americans recognized this issue hence the 17th amendment),

The 17th has actually had a bad influence on politics in America. Originally our state representatives had a direct influence on the federal government by appointing senators. They are closer to the people and were held responsible for their senate choices, much the same effect as the electoral college. With the 17th you get situations like hilliary, rich influential people move to a state buy a senate seat with mass media. Senators only answer to the big money and the parties now. The progressives understood how the 17th would work and pushed for it, it was a progressive idea to help the population centers they control have more influence.

https://thefederalist.com/2017/08/08/time-repeal-17th-amendment-end-direct-election-senators/

1 hour ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

Interesting, here the unelected senate is appointed by the federal party in power with no requirement to listen to anyone. The last batch was some media personalities, a sports star and party faithful( big donors) , their main purpose is to rubber stamp legislation 

and draw a fat pay check with full health and welfare

How could you possibly ask that?  You know...even though we credit evolution as the existence of all, we still have to treat all other creatures on this planet like “we” stole “their” habitat. Which is it?  Are we all here from the same amoeba or not?  Sorry some of the delicious animals didn’t take the same steps we did. I guess we were meant to be above them in the ever evolving ecosystem we live in now.