• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 8/17/2019 at 7:33 PM, Cunuckgaucho said:

lfoc2bf2nwg31.jpg

I have a deep love for the M18A1 Claymore Mine.  That's an unrivaled perimeter defense weapon, and I've set them up for real.  I've blown up alot of them in training, too.  It's pretty fucking epic to stick a 4x8 sheet of 3/4" ply about 20 yards in front of one, and let it loose.  :laffs:  Let that thing eat...   :lmao::hail:

Steps for the Claymore. ICPAARC.  Remember that acronym, and you'll never fuk it up./  That's the shortcut that people can remember, that makes motherfuckers remember the steps.  Else, you fuk yourself up with it.

I - inventory the mine.  Inside the M7 satchel, there will be the M18A1 Claymore mine, with two shipping plugs installed, M57 firing device, M40 test set,  50feet of firing wire (17 meters), with blasting cap attached.

C - Conduct circuit test.  Attach the M57 firing device to the M40 test set, and clack that thing. If it's real, and not a fucked up trainer, that M40 test set will light up the indicator light the first clack.

P - Place the mine.  Run that bastard all the way out from your position, the full 50feet, if terrain permits - you run the wire out there, from your firing position, so you know the end of it, and how far out to put the mine.  If "terrain does not permit," you better watch your shiit if you have to let that thing go.  I'm just sayin'.  The backblast is pretty fucking violent.

A - Aim the mine.  Slit-type sight or Peep sight.  Different methods for aiming both.

A - Arm the mine.  Pull that left or right shipping plug, insert blasting cap, reinstall shipping plug.  That bitch is live, right then.  You better have that M57 firing device ON YOU, too.  Some jackass private behind you might think it's a good time to "test" it again, with no M40 test set on the wire...   Fucking Privates...

R - Re-Aim the mine.  You just fucked with it, arming it - verify that it's still aimed.

C - Conduct circuit test again, with M57 firing device AND M40 test set.  Again, if it's real, that M40 will light the first "clack."  Remove the M40 test set at this point, and attach the M57 firing device directly to the wire.  When shiit goes south, send that bitch up.  :thumbup:

HandTool.jpg

Gawd dayum, I love Claymores...  

Great now if I wasn't on a watch list after reading that I am now :lmao:

Had a friend over and after she saw the workshop her first comment was "it's a good thing your white" referring to gun safes, a gun cabinet full of ammo and powder, the overflow beside it, then the other bench with wires, soldering irons, electronic timers etc.

3 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

We need some of them for a fall shoot.

Destructive Devices are legal.  Gotta jump through the hoops to legally get/buy them, just like all other stamped items.  I can't even imagine how much a legal M18A1 Claymore would go for...  It would be massive $$$.  I don't even know what it would take to legally set one off, permission-wise, or if there even is such a thing.  There would have to be, because you'd have to declare your legal, stamped "destructive device" now defunct.

I'm lucky to have even been able to fuk with them, and I've fucked with them extensively...  Might be my favorite weapon, ever.  Well, maybe.  90mm Recoiless Rifle is epic.  106mm Recoiless Rifle is probably the best thing since sliced bread.  Fuk me, I wish I was still in...  

10 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I have a deep love for the M18A1 Claymore Mine.  That's an unrivaled perimeter defense weapon, and I've set them up for real.  I've blown up alot of them in training, too.  It's pretty fucking epic to stick a 4x8 sheet of 3/4" ply about 20 yards in front of one, and let it loose.  :laffs:  Let that thing eat...   :lmao::hail:

Steps for the Claymore. ICPAARC.  Remember that acronym, and you'll never fuk it up./  That's the shortcut that people can remember, that makes motherfuckers remember the steps.  Else, you fuk yourself up with it.

I - inventory the mine.  Inside the M7 satchel, there will be the M18A1 Claymore mine, with two shipping plugs installed, M57 firing device, M40 test set,  50feet of firing wire (17 meters), with blasting cap attached.

C - Conduct circuit test.  Attach the M57 firing device to the M40 test set, and clack that thing. If it's real, and not a fucked up trainer, that M40 test set will light up the indicator light the first clack.

P - Place the mine.  Run that bastard all the way out from your position, the full 50feet, if terrain permits - you run the wire out there, from your firing position, so you know the end of it, and how far out to put the mine.  If "terrain does not permit," you better watch your shiit if you have to let that thing go.  I'm just sayin'.  The backblast is pretty fucking violent.

A - Aim the mine.  Slit-type sight or Peep sight.  Different methods for aiming both.

A - Arm the mine.  Pull that left or right shipping plug, insert blasting cap, reinstall shipping plug.  That bitch is live, right then.  You better have that M57 firing device ON YOU, too.  Some jackass private behind you might think it's a good time to "test" it again, with no M40 test set on the wire...   Fucking Privates...

R - Re-Aim the mine.  You just fucked with it, arming it - verify that it's still aimed.

C - Conduct circuit test again, with M57 firing device AND M40 test set.  Again, if it's real, that M40 will light the first "clack."  Remove the M40 test set at this point, and attach the M57 firing device directly to the wire.  When shiit goes south, send that bitch up.  :thumbup:

HandTool.jpg

Gawd dayum, I love Claymores...  

Did you ever use it with a percussion BC and fuse? I always thought that those fuse cords were a bit short for getting the hell out of the danger area, just never ever never run and fall down, walk at a nice careful pace.