• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just placed and order for a Wilson Combat intermediate length gas tube from Optics Planet for a 16" Wilson Combat barrel.. I'm dithering very seriously about whether or not to build a another Wilson Combat upper for my 18" Tactical Hunter rifle... Wilson does not have them in stock, they have everything else with the exception of the BCG... the round count on my current BCG is so low it wouldn't bother me to swap it into a new upper...

Two major factors in the present dithering,,, 6.5 Creed, ( I know I need one, I'm just stuck on the little female cat cat 30 cal) or .308, all of 98's "preaching" about about a short handy 16" rifle, have me sold on the short barrel, and his quarter bore infatuation a-l-m-o-s-t has me sold on the 6.5 Creed??? Dang I wish I didn't have this infatuation with .30 Cal, dammit!! but it I didn't, hell I wouldn't be here at all now would I?? and Wilson does have the Paul Howe 6.5 Creed barrel in stock at the present moment??...

So in the short term I would have a shorter barrel big bore, and when Wilson restocks their BILLet lowers, I'll build a lower for my new upper and have two big bore AR's..

I'm glad I have a big bore AR, there is NO 5.56 to be had here in Central Obamastan, and Walmart is no longer carrying .308 or 7.62 at my local stores, they do have a sheite ton of 6.5 Creed though??

so there's no place to dither like .308 AR forum, at least I've got lots of company, and I know I'll catch a lot of Krappola for dithering....

Hell, I'm still kicking my own azz every day for not dropping the hammer on "little red", that gorgeous 70 Z-28 that I could have traded my old 81 Black Firebird for with a small boot of around 40 K, dammit, dammit, dammit, dammit! I had it all laid out for my little women, talked to her about money and specifics, she just ignored me as usual, until I said he's coming Friday with "little red" on the trailer to pick up the Firebird, then she lit up like the "Spacex Dragon",,, three days later she fired up again. Dumb azz, that's one fight I should have stepped out of cover and "opened up on",  shiet, I'm getting too damnably old...

don't get me wrong, I have a great wife, awesome wife, she looks half my age, has helped me paint the house, and works her butt off, but dammit, she just doesn't get flying, cars, or guns!

11 minutes ago, billymagg said:

Two major factors in the present dithering,,, 6.5 Creed, ( I know I need one, I'm just stuck on the little female cat cat 30 cal) or .308, all of 98's "preaching" about about a short handy 16" rifle, have me sold on the short barrel, and his quarter bore infatuation a-l-m-o-s-t has me sold on the 6.5 Creed??? Dang I wish I didn't have this infatuation with .30 Cal, dammit!! but it I didn't, hell I wouldn't be here at all now would I?? and Wilson does have the Paul Howe 6.5 Creed barrel in stock at the present moment??...

WTF- i did NOT write "little female cat cat",  I did NOT... I wrote " little .30 cal",  we must have some kinda "facebook style algorithm" shiite going on here!

24 minutes ago, billymagg said:

I just placed and order for a Wilson Combat intermediate length gas tube from Optics Planet for a 16" Wilson Combat barrel.. I'm dithering very seriously about whether or not to build a another Wilson Combat upper for my 18" Tactical Hunter rifle... Wilson does not have them in stock, they have everything else with the exception of the BCG... the round count on my current BCG is so low it wouldn't bother me to swap it into a new upper...

So in the short term I would have a shorter barrel big bore, and when Wilson restocks their BILLet lowers, I'll build a lower for my new upper and have two big bore AR's..

I'm glad I have a big bore AR, there is NO 5.56 to be had here in Central Obamastan, and Walmart is no longer carrying .308 or 7.62 at my local stores, they do have a sheite ton of 6.5 Creed though??

so there's no place to dither like .308 AR forum, at least I've got lots of company, and I know I'll catch a lot of Krappola for dithering....

Hell, I'm still kicking my own azz every day for not dropping the hammer on "little red", that gorgeous 70 Z-28 that I could have traded my old 81 Black Firebird for with a small boot of around 40 K, dammit, dammit, dammit, dammit! I had it all laid out for my little women, talked to her about money and specifics, she just ignored me as usual, until I said he's coming Friday with "little red" on the trailer to pick up the Firebird, then she lit up like the "Spacex Dragon",,, three days later she fired up again. Dumb azz, that's one fight I should have stepped out of cover and "opened up on",  shiet, I'm getting too damnably old...

don't get me wrong, I have a great wife, awesome wife, she looks half my age, has helped me paint the house, and works her butt off, but dammit, she just doesn't get flying, cars, or guns!

When you go to our forum home page and select BCG from the list of topics on the right, Brownell's site come with Wilson Combat nickel boron BCG as in stock, when you click "add to cart", it comes back 5 to 8 weeks for delivery,,, Wilson hasn't had their nickle boron BCG in stock since before March, and now, its changed in their catalog to have forward assist cuts? what the hell?? they do finally have Bill et uppers and two .308 BCG's in stock at present....

On 10/4/2020 at 4:40 PM, shooterrex said:

Optics Planet sent me a carbine length when I ordered the intermediate length one. Brownells had the right ones.

Dang, that stinks, but my 13.25 inch Intermediate tube arrived today, it is a little beauty, the first and cheapest part of the object of my present dithering... NOW, if it was the last piece I needed, it would prolly be on back order for the next 6 months...

53 minutes ago, billymagg said:

Dang, that stinks, but my 13.25 inch Intermediate tube arrived today, it is a little beauty, the first and cheapest part of the object of my present dithering... NOW, if it was the last piece I needed, it would prolly be on back order for the next 6 months...

Glad they got something right for a change.

51 minutes ago, shooterrex said:

Glad they got something right for a change.

As am I, they were showing the Wilson Nickel Boron 308/6.5 Creed BCG in stock, when I added it to the cart, it came back as a 5 to 8 week wait?? Your issue was cause by them having three separate gas tubes listed at 13.25 inches, I did notice one was a carbine length, so I did a little sorting around and came up with the I for intermediate length...

Edited by billymagg

Midway

CMMG Fwd Assist, ACE skeleton stock (for the x39)  , Rise SS trigger (on sale)  Three rifles with the RA SS triggers.  Good for the money,  the feel is fine.  A Wheeler vise adaptor.  Looks like a useful tool...  Cheaper than my time to make one.

JSE

"F" marked Front Sight Base and parts,  C-Prod 10rd mag  (We have a ten rd limit,  and thought to give the C-Prod a try.  I've lots of P-Mags),  replacement take down pins.

White Oak

Weaver high rings.  (The 1 .4 inch center height is needed to clear the scope bell.  Low rings just don't work on a low deck upper.)

Edited by Candid
additions and spelling ;-)