• Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

On 10/27/2020 at 9:23 PM, DNP said:

....let’s see how this goes.

B4B46487-7B02-4082-B30B-6838CF5436D9.jpeg

^^^   These things actually worked pretty well!  

On 11/5/2020 at 7:40 PM, billymagg said:

Well, they do have a 20" fluted, slick muzzle 6.5 Grendel barrel for 314.00 I may have to take 98's second or third favorite cartridge choice for the small frame AR....

but I was hoping to go with a shorter barrel?? thanks to 98's other current "official observations" that short barrels are better than shish kabob!

I'll take a shorter barrel over a longer barrel, all day long, within the purpose of the gun.  I'd prefer if the longest barrel one could buy were an 18" barrel.   :thumbup:

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@billymagg, I drove the 16" Grendel out to 850 yards yesterday afternoon in a stiff wind (about 15mph) with this barrel right here:

https://www.ballisticadvantage.com/16-inch-65-grendel-spr-mid-ss-premium-barrel.html

elj_0537.jpg

It's worth waiting for, to come into stock.  So is their 18" SPR-Profile Grendel barrel.  Lights-Out stuff, right there.   :thumbup:

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

@billymagg, I drove the 16" Grendel out to 850 yards yesterday afternoon in a stiff wind (about 15mph) with this barrel right here:

https://www.ballisticadvantage.com/16-inch-65-grendel-spr-mid-ss-premium-barrel.html

elj_0537.jpg

It's worth waiting for, to come into stock.  So is their 18" SPR-Profile Grendel barrel.  Lights-Out stuff, right there.   :thumbup:

Yes Sir!

1 hour ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Its  good stuff! I bought 4k last spring from Sam for $12-$13  a box. Wish I'd bought more now....😢

Goes in a hurry doesn't it!

I bought the last 18" Tactical Hunter 300 HAM'R that Brownell's had, it is threaded but at least its fluted!

still looking for a slick sided BCG!

Edited by billymagg
Still looking for a slick side BCG

1 hour ago, billymagg said:

Sure does! Between some target shooting & a ton of groundhog shooting,  I burned through a chunk of it! 

1 hour ago, billymagg said:

bought the last 18" Tactical Hunter 300 HAM'R that Brownell's had, it is threaded but at least its fluted

That'll be nice!!

53 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

Hahaha, you had some serious shooting going on brother :thumbup::hail:

Just wait 'til you get out here and witness it, brother - "Target is ON THE GROUND!!!  NO MARKS ON THE TARGET!!!"  

Fuckers can shoot a 3/16" chain link at 450 yards.  Can shoot a 1/4" piece of paracord at 850 yards. Can shoot the ass right out of a gnat at 600 yards...

But can't hit the fucking IPSC steel plate that's 18" wide by 26" high...   :hail:

It WILL happen, and you WILL see it, and you will shake your head...  It's pretty fucking epic...   :banana:

6 hours ago, billymagg said:

I bought the last 18" Tactical Hunter 300 HAM'R that Brownell's had, it is threaded but at least its fluted!

still looking for a slick sided BCG!

Brownells had some "retro' BCG's that didn't have forward assist grooves. Mine for the 308 from them doesn't.

5 hours ago, shooterrex said:

Brownells had some "retro' BCG's that didn't have forward assist grooves. Mine for the 308 from them doesn't.

Thanks shooter, I haven't really found anything else, I just went ahead and ordered the nickle boron Wilson Combat from SunDevil in Arizona. I'm rather certain the head space will be perfect, and the fact that Wilson is no longer offering a slick side themselves, tells me the supply of what I want is limited.. plus it was just over 200 bucks. 

I'm extremely happy to have found that fluted 18" Tactical Hunter at Brownell's, as Wilson seems to have discontinued a very large percentage of their fluted barrels. I'm tempted to have somebody cut the threads off and put a nice crown on it as well, but we shall see??

So this little rifle will be a virtual clone of "Miss Wilson", and that will make me very happy indeed...

10 hours ago, sagebrush said:

orderd from mgm their bucket of plates and a couple of t post plate setups. also asked dillon about 6mm arc conversion kits for 550, because not listed, they said order 6mm ppc kit

Sounds Awesome! I'm just hoping I can find another 2' x 4' white cardboard box to tape my card board water bottle shaper's to, I paint them white and make a V with that awesome blue masking tape, so far has worked great out to about 400 yards, most of my shooting is still well under 200 yards.

9 hours ago, Radioactive said:

Watch out there a some well known T post killers among us

yep, my boss was bowhunting in the local beer drinking, good ole boy's "Blue Smoothie" local competition deer hunting weekend and stuck a limb... I was on the ground with my recurve, with the biggest Whitetail I had ever seen before or since, in a drainage with about 10 doe's all around with him. Came to full draw without any of them being aware and stuck a "trophy limb", that's why they call it "hunting deer", not "shooting deer"!

I still, honest to the Good Lord, cannot believe it! well, yeah, I guess I can, lol!