• Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This escalated quickly!

This past Sunday (Oct 25th) I found stripped AR15 lowers at Primary Arms for $52.99.  So just because I could I ordered one.  It should be at my friend the gun pusher by the end of this week.  We all know how gun parts, even the most insignificant ones can spawn entire rifles.  That is exactly what this lower has done and its not even in my house yet.  All the rest of the parts for a complete 223 Wylde chambered AR are now on the way to me AND ITS ONLY TUESDAY!   The only parts it hasn't spawned yet is a scope and mount.  Damn!

38 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

And I blew up my wrist trying to stir it Thursday after a Steroid pack and some Flexerall I can move my arm now. I thought my fingertips were going to burst.

Damn dude. Don't wear yourself out. We've still got some drinking together to take care of. You ain't gettin away that easy.

Even if you're sitting in the corner drooling from fatigue, I'll be pouring the beer (or stronger) down your gullet. :lmao:

Fuker!

1 minute ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

SWEEEEEET KNIFE @Radioactive !!!!

First impression is good. Feels slightly thin in the hand but not bad. Thumb relief feels good. Fit and finish could be better scale screws on one side are a little proud but not horrible. Knife sits a little deep in the sheath so initial hand grab is slightly sub par. Overall for the price I like it. It will be my boot knife with my kabar tdi on my belt weak side.

On 11/2/2020 at 5:42 PM, Radioactive said:

Just got this today

4AB25621-BE56-4D17-9B5D-640A6815449C.jpeg

Nice, could I borrow that the week after Christmas, I usually have a Holiday Slump in January, and I know just looking at that damn thing would make me smile everytime, I'll PM you my address, I'll send it home with a 20 dollar bill to say thanks!

On 11/2/2020 at 6:57 PM, Radioactive said:

First impression is good. Feels slightly thin in the hand but not bad. Thumb relief feels good. Fit and finish could be better scale screws on one side are a little proud but not horrible. Knife sits a little deep in the sheath so initial hand grab is slightly sub par. Overall for the price I like it. It will be my boot knife with my kabar tdi on my belt weak side.

It is drop dead sexy though!

On 7/19/2020 at 12:41 AM, shooterrex said:

On a different note. I ordered a luminox divers watch from Midway USA last Friday. Received the tracking info Saturday.  Supposed to be here Friday. Nope it's in Tennessee somewhere. The shipping was free but if I knew this I would have paid for UPS or priority mail. This UPS/mail innovations/post office bullcrap to save a few cents SUCKS. The pony express delivered stuff 2 states away faster.

Damn Brother! I bought a Wilson Combat AR-15 Billet upper and lower receiver set today, you know I"ve been dithering with a 6.5 Creed upper build  for my Tactical Hunter, but that damn thing shoots lights out! so why? and of late I was lusting for a Wilson Billet 300 HAM'R on Gun Broker, went to pull the trigger this morning, ( I am so fooking pissseeed OFF, with this foooking "regime change", that looks like the dick head's have won, liberal abortion pushing bottom dwelling, tax increasing scum!), and I needed a "mood elevator", I clicked on my watch list and NO HAM'R, dammmit! Well I found this little W-15 Billet upper and lower in FDE, now I've got to pay for it, and my gun guy has been sick, my other gunny has covid, but he said I could pick it up next week...

So paid for, should ship tommorow, and maybe in a month or two arrive by mule train here in Central Obamastan:

Suggestions please? I may still build that HAM'R, but you gents know I'm a real professional when it comes to dithering!

I will be ordering a Wilson barrel, does that have to have the proprietary handguard and barrel nut???

16 hours ago, billymagg said:

Damn Brother! I bought a Wilson Combat AR-15 Billet upper and lower receiver set today, you know I"ve been dithering with a 6.5 Creed upper build  for my Tactical Hunter, but that damn thing shoots lights out! so why? and of late I was lusting for a Wilson Billet 300 HAM'R on Gun Broker, went to pull the trigger this morning, ( I am so fooking pissseeed OFF, with this foooking "regime change", that looks like the dick head's have won, liberal abortion pushing bottom dwelling, tax increasing scum!), and I needed a "mood elevator", I clicked on my watch list and NO HAM'R, dammmit! Well I found this little W-15 Billet upper and lower in FDE, now I've got to pay for it, and my gun guy has been sick, my other gunny has covid, but he said I could pick it up next week...

So paid for, should ship tommorow, and maybe in a month or two arrive by mule train here in Central Obamastan:

Suggestions please? I may still build that HAM'R, but you gents know I'm a real professional when it comes to dithering!

I will be ordering a Wilson barrel, does that have to have the proprietary handguard and barrel nut???

You need the Wilson gas tube for that barrel. As long as the rail is the right height to match the upper you should be good. You might check w/Wilson about the thread pattern on the upper. I don't know if they use dpms pattern or armalite pattern or their own. That is what you need to know before you buy your rail.

6 hours ago, shooterrex said:

You need the Wilson gas tube for that barrel. As long as the rail is the right height to match the upper you should be good. You might check w/Wilson about the thread pattern on the upper. I don't know if they use dpms pattern or armalite pattern or their own. That is what you need to know before you buy your rail.

Thanks Shooter, and I am still leaning 300 HAM'R and the 18" Wilson Combat Light Hunter profile takes the "intermediate tube" which I have in stock as we speak. The Wilson kit for their billet is expensive, some out of stock?? The barrel nut is the biggie as far as questions, but I believe their WC-15 receivers are "mil-spec" an will interchange more readily than their large frame WC-10 Bill et receivers...

One things for sure, I'm going to need a lot of help, and any suggestions are appreciated, my gun guy is in quarantine as we speak, so it may be next week or later, but I'm just happy to have one of these on the way.

1 hour ago, billymagg said:

Thanks Shooter, and I am still leaning 300 HAM'R and the 18" Wilson Combat Light Hunter profile takes the "intermediate tube" which I have in stock as we speak. The Wilson kit for their billet is expensive, some out of stock?? The barrel nut is the biggie as far as questions, but I believe their WC-15 receivers are "mil-spec" an will interchange more readily than their large frame WC-10 Bill et receivers...

One things for sure, I'm going to need a lot of help, and any suggestions are appreciated, my gun guy is in quarantine as we speak, so it may be next week or later, but I'm just happy to have one of these on the way.

Dang, Dag Nabbit, Sum BEE!!!, I just pulled up my cart on Wilson Combat, and the 18 Ultralight Hunter fluted with NO threads is out of stock,  dammit, dammit, dammit, and I pulled up the catalog and it is "no longer available", what the HELL Wilson Combat...

I Love my Wilson, but as their inventory has been pulled down, way down, they are discontinuing a LOT of stuff that I like...

I want a fluted barrel with NO threads! in 300 HAM'R... dang it!

20 minutes ago, billymagg said:

Dang, Dag Nabbit, Sum BEE!!!, I just pulled up my cart on Wilson Combat, and the 18 Ultralight Hunter fluted with NO threads is out of stock,  dammit, dammit, dammit, and I pulled up the catalog and it is "no longer available", what the HELL Wilson Combat...

I Love my Wilson, but as their inventory has been pulled down, way down, they are discontinuing a LOT of stuff that I like...

I want a fluted barrel with NO threads! in 300 HAM'R... dang it!

Well, they do have a 20" fluted, slick muzzle 6.5 Grendel barrel for 314.00 I may have to take 98's second or third favorite cartridge choice for the small frame AR....

but I was hoping to go with a shorter barrel?? thanks to 98's other current "official observations" that short barrels are better than shish kabob!

Edited by billymagg
further observation