• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

'Nother "Accidental" Shooting at a Range...

COBrien

Just saw this come across my screen...

http://kfor.com/2017/05/09/officials-man-injured-after-accidentally-shooting-self-in-hand-at-gun-range/

Curious as to the facts here. Not saying he was trying anything funny, but I'm also very much aware of the fact that most situations referred to as "accidental" discharges are actually negligent discharges due to poor trigger and/or muzzle discipline. I'm just glad no one else was injured.

Be careful out there, folks!

1 hour ago, Robocop1051 said:

Want to take bets on whether or not this was a Glock takedown? I always hated that the trigger had to be pulled to remove the slide. 

Drop magazine, rack slide three times, physically check it is empty. Every time. No matter what the brand proper training and safety procedures need to be followed with firearms. 

Darwin will intervene otherwise 

4 minutes ago, edgecrusher said:

Drop magazine, rack slide three times, physically check it is empty. Every time. No matter what the brand proper training and safety procedures need to be followed with firearms. 

Yup and even when I 100% know it's clear I still point it somewhere safe when I disengage the trigger. 

That was one of the things that turned me off on glocks. Love my Sig P320! 

"Accidental shooting" or ND, I'm still pretty sure that no one likes getting shot. 

1 hour ago, edgecrusher said:

1 hour ago, shepp said:

Yup and even when I 100% know it's clear I still point it somewhere safe when I disengage the trigger. 

Couldn't agree more. 

Edited by ChaoticReason

3 hours ago, edgecrusher said:

I stick my pinky into the chamber every time even though I can clearly see its empty. 

3 hours ago, edgecrusher said:

^^^  Exactly so.  :thumbup:

Semi-auto pistols, semi-auto rifles, semi-auto shotguns...   all of them...

9 minutes ago, mineralman55 said:

Goats, sheep, flightless waterfowl. They all can breathe easier. In his case, the answer to Mae West's famous question; "It was a pistol".

("Is that a pistol in your pocket, or are you happy to see me?")

"Officer, it was a 3 inch barrel. The pistol? oh that was 5".

Edited by Sisco

Shot himself in the Hand ? More like he was fast drawing & pulled the Trigger & his support hand got in front of the Barrel instead of sliding in from behind & underneath .

I shot at a Deer with my 44 mag. Dan Wesson & my support hand ( with Glove ) wrapped around the Cylinder instead , at the Barrel gap ( too far forward ) instead of around my grip hand & the blast went right through my glove . Powder Burns on my hand & man did that smart , lucky I had gloves on & totally missed the Deer I jumped .

Edited by survivalshop

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:19 AM, mineralman55 said:

Appendix carry didn't work for this guy.

I do carry appendix with my revolver though.