17 dead in Florida School shooting

survivalshop

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Oh hell I sure would hate to be this poor bastard right now.  :bat:

Interesting it is that they can spare 4 to guard him now at home but only 1 to guard the whole damn school. :fullauto:

When you're the bureaucrat in charge of this type stuff you make up some BS excuse, such as; "Oh guarding former officer chickenshit is just a temporary utilization of those resources whereas using them to protect the school would tie those resources up indefinitely."

I'm so pissed off about this I can't even see straight.

3 hours ago, Matt.Cross said:

he's a chickenshit cockwaffle and I hope the faces of the murdered children haunt his dreams until his death.

2 hours ago, Matt.Cross said:

I'm so pissed off about this I can't even see straight.

Damn Matt, that has got to be the strongest language I've ever heard from you! Definitely warranted though.

As a retired LEO, you don't even want to get me started about what I think about that deputy and what SHOULD happen to him!

If that pic is of the sheriff. ...there have been comments made about him that were very unflattering when taken in the context of how we think here. He is a full supporter of Hitlery, has made anti 2nd comments repeatedly,  and is more politician than sheriff .

If I remember correctly the comments were made by a Broward country resident on Hannity's radio program.

Edited by bubbas4570
piss poor fingers

20 minutes ago, Sisco said:

There will be no easy answers.

https://www.charlottefive.com/arming-teachers/

I just read that article, and the guy is right.  I've already given extensive thought to this.

You can't just pick a few "Alpha Male" teachers, and put them through a training course or a weapons qual - and I do mean "Alpha Female", too.  Gender doesn't matter.

You need to REPLACE a portion of your teaching force, completely.  What you need to replace them with is Combat Veterans.  I can tell you right now, I know more about "teaching" than some fresh-out-of-college Master's-of-Education Degree-having snot-nose college motherfucker - that has ALL the credentials of being able to teach, with NO PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE.

Militarily, you, as a leader, TRAIN your Soldiers all the time.  Training is teaching.  However, you're not training some schoolbook verbatim text bullshiit.  More often than not, you're training some high-risk shiit.  Not anybody in the civilian world can just "decide" that they want to be a firearms instructor - you have to go to specialized training, gain certifications, study under someone before you can be a course instructor, or lead instructor.

Militarily, you'll see 20-year olds and up as weapons trainers - and that's based on their own experience. Maybe even younger.  Proficiency and rank drives that train - and exhibited proficiency gets you promoted.  Hell, for 5 years, I trained SOF Static Line Jumpmaster - Jumpmaster School - and the last 2 years I trained it, I was the Course NCIOC - I RAN that fucker, from soup to nuts.  You're training people in a specific skillset that will put other Soldiers lives directly in their hands, and if they fuk it up, those Soldiers will die. Literally.  In a jump unit, that's a daily operation.  In a leg unit, that's some high risk shiit that would have some Bn Commanders freaking out over the Risk Assessment, trying to find a way to not approve it for the event. 

You can't just "pick from the staff" at a school, and determine who is gonna be the "teacher/protector with gun."  You must REPLACE a portion of your training staff with Combat Vets that can, and have, already done this job.  For real.  When it counted, on the battlefield, in the name of "Preserving Democracy" and protecting this nation.

I'm off my soapbox.  Fuk it. 

Tom-Ass out.

6 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

I just read that article, and the guy is right.  I've already given extensive thought to this.

You can't just pick a few "Alpha Male" teachers, and put them through a training course or a weapons qual - and I do mean "Alpha Female", too.  Gender doesn't matter.

You need to REPLACE a portion of your teaching force, completely.  What you need to replace them with is Combat Veterans.  I can tell you right now, I know more about "teaching" than some fresh-out-of-college Master's-of-Education Degree-having snot-nose college motherfucker - that has ALL the credentials of being able to teach, with NO PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE.

Militarily, you, as a leader, TRAIN your Soldiers all the time.  Training is teaching.  However, you're not training some schoolbook verbatim text bullshiit.  More often than not, you're training some high-risk shiit.  Not anybody in the civilian world can just "decide" that they want to be a firearms instructor - you have to go to specialized training, gain certifications, study under someone before you can be a course instructor, or lead instructor.

Militarily, you'll see 20-year olds and up as weapons trainers - and that's based on their own experience. Maybe even younger.  Proficiency and rank drives that train - and exhibited proficiency gets you promoted.  Hell, for 5 years, I trained SOF Static Line Jumpmaster - Jumpmaster School - and the last 2 years I trained it, I was the Course NCIOC - I RAN that fucker, from soup to nuts.  You're training people in a specific skillset that will put other Soldiers lives directly in their hands, and if they fuk it up, those Soldiers will die. Literally.  In a jump unit, that's a daily operation.  In a leg unit, that's some high risk shiit that would have some Bn Commanders freaking out over the Risk Assessment, trying to find a way to not approve it for the event. 

You can't just "pick from the staff" at a school, and determine who is gonna be the "teacher/protector with gun."  You must REPLACE a portion of your training staff with Combat Vets that can, and have, already done this job.  For real.  When it counted, on the battlefield, in the name of "Preserving Democracy" and protecting this nation.

I'm off my soapbox.  Fuk it. 

Tom-Ass out.

My wife and I were having this exact discussion last night.  Almost all teachers and most civilians would be useless in this position of security.  I would not hire myself for that job because I do not have the training or skills needed.  I did think that ex-military or LEO who went into teaching would be a good place to start looking for potential people for this role.  Then there should be an extensive training to undergo for future applicants who have the right temperament but lack the skills needed.  This would obviously need to be a highly scrutinized position.

Susan was completely against more guns in the school at all.  In a perfect world, that might be a realistic solution.  But we don't live in that world and the unfortunate need to protect children from evil is increasing.

I think the teaching and security roles should be kept separate, simply let each do what they do best. Nothing wrong with having a new job market for qualified individuals who know what serving a greater purpose is all about.

Regardless of how the appropriate security is implemented, the status quo cannot stand as it is now. I'll educate my children myself in the safety of my own home before I'll let politics determine the extent to which they can't be safeguarded.

1 hour ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

My wife and I were having this exact discussion last night.  Almost all teachers and most civilians would be useless in this position of security.  I would not hire myself for that job because I do not have the training or skills needed.  I did think that ex-military or LEO who went into teaching would be a good place to start looking for potential people for this role.  Then there should be an extensive training to undergo for future applicants who have the right temperament but lack the skills needed.  This would obviously need to be a highly scrutinized position.

Susan was completely against more guns in the school at all.  In a perfect world, that might be a realistic solution.  But we don't live in that world and the unfortunate need to protect children from evil is increasing.

1 hour ago, Matt.Cross said:

I think the teaching and security roles should be kept separate, simply let each do what they do best. Nothing wrong with having a new job market for qualified individuals who know what serving a greater purpose is all about.

Regardless of how the appropriate security is implemented, the status quo cannot stand as it is now. I'll educate my children myself in the safety of my own home before I'll let politics determine the extent to which they can't be safeguarded.

22 minutes ago, Sisco said:

Security and teachers both need to get paid decently enough that you attract competency in doing the job as well. 

You have all NAILED my next sentiments, exactly, in different areas.

First, Doc.  You're on it, and so is Susan.  Think of it as an Air Marshal position - there's a distinct vetting/screening process, and there's a lengthy training program.  After 9/11, specialized military members left in DROVES for that field, to the point that there were some $100,000 re-enlistment bonuses offered to Special Forces, in certain criteria.  Just to KEEP them.  Not just the Air Marshal Program, but PMCs - military contract positions and companies. 

Second, Matty - right on.  You can certainly keep it separate, or you can combine it - Teacher CAN BE Protector - but it must fall under my paragraph above...

Lastly, Sisco - you better believe it.  If you're gonna have someone do THAT, as a Teacher, that needs to be a very WELL PAID Teacher.  Same with PMCs, Air Marshals, and any other specialized position like that. 

i had a 8th grede teacher in training that was ex mil and had alot a of combat under his belt. hed had some real stories and was an awesome teacher.. he had us out for a few paintball weekends to boot! he was the terminator and shot up 99% of the class every match.

( paintballs) he had good tactics for the feild also ! 

Want to hear something really sad? Our high school has 3 security personnel, all retired law enforcement officers, and none of them are allowed to carry on campus! I worked there for 8 years as a substitute teacher and may or may not have kept an AR-15 under the backseat of my truck!

My daughter-in-law is the new principal at the high school and my wife and I are having dinner with her tomorrow evening. I'm looking forward to getting her opinion on whether her security personnel (the retired cops) should be allowed to carry or not. The decision is not in her hands though, that is up to the Superintendent of the school district (and possibly the school board).

Edited by 392heminut

6 hours ago, bubbas4570 said:

If that pic is of the sheriff. ...there have been comments made about him that were very unflattering when taken in the context of how we think here. He is a full supporter of Hitlery, has made anti 2nd comments repeatedly,  and is more politician than sheriff .

If I remember correctly the comments were made by a Broward country resident on Hannity's radio program.

Now check this out ... 

https://www.dailywire.com/news/27523/breaking-cnn-reports-four-broward-county-deputies-ben-shapiro 

I don't know much about the credibility of the website above and/or Ben Shapiro but I thought it might be interesting to read ... ??? 

3 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Ben Shapiro is solid. 

I figured he was legit.  

This whole thing is starting to become as funky as the Las Vegas shooting.  

Just got through reading an article featuring Ted Nugent who's claiming most of not all of the survivors interviewed by the CNN press were actually "crisis actors".  Now we knew of 1 or 2 but according to Ted there were actually a LOT more.

Now we got more cops there than we've been told for several days and they also refused to enter and engage.

I'm starting to smell another rat.