• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

17 dead in Florida School shooting

survivalshop

42 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

Schools do need armed and experienced personnel.  Hiring such people such as vets and retired LEO(s) is most likely the best suggestion IMHO.

I do agree with this as long as these officers don't get picked.  We would have to limit them to one bullet in their shirt pocket.

www.sfgate.com/crime/amp/police-shooting-mission-bay-rv-design-district-12718087.php

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

I do agree with this as long as these officers don't get picked.  We would have to limit them to one bullet in their shirt pocket.

www.sfgate.com/crime/amp/police-shooting-mission-bay-rv-design-district-12718087.php

When gun-hating communist liberals decide on your training and operating budget this can be expected to happen.  Sad.  It would not surprise me to learn CA votes to disarm the cops in that state, thus turning them all in to Bobbies.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2018/03/08/swat-members-suspended-for-responding-to-florida-massacre/amp/

2 swat guys who dropped what they were doing to rush in without official approval booted off the swat team. 

A third suspended for being critical on social media. 

Better tow that line boys....no matter how bad it smells. 

Edited by blue109

The official story is they were suspended because they didnt get permission to go in. Anyone who saw how the cops on the scene handled the situation will probably realize WHY they didnt ask permission. Those guys KNEW they would be ordered to stand down if they called it in. 

5 hours ago, blue109 said:

The official story is they were suspended because they didnt get permission to go in. Anyone who saw how the cops on the scene handled the situation will probably realize WHY they didnt ask permission. Those guys KNEW they would be ordered to stand down if they called it in. 

Exactly.  If you don't ask permission, then you can't be "denied."

It's always easier to ask for forgiveness, than permission.

They DID their job, fuk regulations. And now they're being punished for it?  For doing the right, moral thing?!  

That's bulshiit.  Give them medals, commend their bravery - in the lack of bravery that was exhibited that day by local LEOs.

Trump is also calling on states to pass temporary, court-issued Risk Protection Orders, which allow law enforcement to confiscate guns from individuals who pose risks to themselves and others, and temporarily prevent them from buying firearms. The president is also calling for better coordination between mental health care, school officials and law enforcement.

From that article above.  This is Baker Act shiit, men. That's already law.  Passed in 1971.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_Mental_Health_Act

The Baker Act allows for involuntary examination (what some call emergency or involuntary commitment). It can be initiated by judges, law enforcement officials, physicians, or mental health professionals. There must be evidence that the person:

possibly has a mental illness (as defined in the Baker Act).

is in danger of becoming a harm to self, harm to others, or is self neglectful (as defined in the Baker Act).

Here's where the Baker Act stops:

Examinations may last up to 72 hours after a person is deemed medically stable and occur in over 100 Florida Department of Children and Families-designated receiving facilities statewide

Here's where the gun laws differ - you guys have seen this form before...

5aa617019531e_4473Mental1.thumb.png.4bb36bb88bc2ab248e1331942d65bace.png5aa6170548895_4473Mental2.thumb.png.f607ec19fdb83f970717eb7f933bf281.png5aa617090ec90_4473Mental3.thumb.png.cd676764b87406adb712ad9a4981f81c.png

Tell me what you see here, in the law for Florida, and in the form...

Edited by 98Z5V

Tell you guys what, no matter what opinions may come up here - I am ALL DOWN with crazy motherfuckers not getting guns.  ALL down with it.  I am ALL FOR strengthening the mental health screening of these people, and I am ALL DOWN with requiring states to report this to the Federal Level. ALL THE WAY.  There needs to be a FEDERAL LAW on this requiring states to do it, and reporting it to the Federal Level, so it CAN be incorporated into the NICS system. 

I didn't decide this, and I don't care how it goes- NICS went into effect in the 1968 GCA - it's NOT OUR CHOICE on NICS, or how we might feel about it with the 2A.  That shiit was 50 years ago, many of us were not even born, toddlers, younsters, teens - whatever.  It Happened.  Done.  You can call it an affront to the 2A rights in the constitution, whatever. Just like NFA 1934.  We've been living with that ever since - we weren't born.  Nobody here was alive when that was enacted.  Thank Al Capone for that, thank Reagan for 1986, whatever - these are our laws, and we've lived with them.  We survive. 

"States Rights" is one thing.  Crazy, or mentally defective, or metally-whatever, is another thing. 

States SHOULD be required, by Federal Law, to report their crazy motherfuckers to the Federal Level.  IF Statesrefuse to do that, then they need to take this shiit into their own hands, and deal with it themselves.  This is not going to stop. It is not going to get better.  Statistics on this are not going to go down.  These attacks will increase, until some kind of muzzle or handle is put on crazy people.

That has nothing to do with gun ownership, gun rights to law abiding citizens, and Freedom in America.  It has to do with crazy motherfuckers.  If you're not in that category, then you have nothing to worry about...

I agree with the strengthening of mental illness aspect of background checks. It’s not about 2A but more about prevention of possible crimes with weapons by unstable people. Yes, they will likely commit a crime still. Maybe even kill or injure someone. But the hope is not with a weapon allowing a strength multiplier. 

HIPPA needs to be revised. 

All reports need to be checked and verified (this is just doing good Police work and not being a lazy fuck collecting a check)

Documentation and diligence is the only way this stuff can START to be prevented.

(and no I don’t want Vanilla Sky)

I don't like it for one reason, the federal government is involved! How often does the federal government make a situation better? I think this should be a state issue, they are closer to the people and this would be closer to the original intent of the founding fathers. If a person does not like the level of crazy their state allows in weapons ownership then move or get it changed! The role of the federal government is to insure our 2A rights are not infringed on by the states. History has shown over and over, the closer to the people government is the better it is. Ideally I would want my county supervisors to decide if I am crazy, I have known them for years and they know me. What I know of federal agencies gives me no confidence they could fairly manage these issues. The federal government is the crazy one in the room!

A note on living with the NFA and GCA, if one accepts the idea that because it was law before we were born we have to live with it then there would still be slavery in this country. It is a defeatist attitude that will do nothing but lead to further restrictions as they pick off our rights an inch at a time. REPEAL THE NFA!

While we had our attention on one thing our president put another hole in our rights.  I know I am supposed to support him but this makes me wonder what side he is really on.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/03/11/doj-bump-stocks/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheFirearmBlog+(The+Firearm+Blog)

For 8 years I said we were screwed as soon as a republican got the big chair. All politicians and elites want us disarmed. FACT. every single one.  With a dem as president the Rs had to pretend to fight it to keep up appearance.  Now its a full court press. Fat lady is singing. Why I wouldnt have voted for any of the other Rs on the ticket last year. Had a tiny bit of hope trump might resist the machine. Oh well. 

3 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Info on people with mental problems/malfunctions needs to be consolidated, has to be. As it should be with criminals/terrorists. One thing I think we can all agree on is that doing nothing is not an option. 

Having your head on a swivel is the world we live in now.

What you're talking about brother, is supposed to be handled by DHS. After all, they were originally placed together to help make ALL of the agencies share intel and information to each other. Now? They're just another 3 letter agency that's just as screwed up as the others.

There's government efficiency for ya huh?