• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

17 dead in Florida School shooting

survivalshop

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work in armed security. I have pretty much been doing it in some form since I got out of the army in 04. I am currently employed and certified by 3 companies in two states and work with a ton of other "trained security personnel". im not claiming to be a SME, but I probably have more experience with "certified armed security" than most people.

At best, I can think of only a hand full of the people I have worked with who I would want armed around my kids. 

Certifying a few teachers would probably be disastrous for everyone. It takes more than classroom and a range trip. There is a mindset that needs to be drilled in and that takes years. If you arent already an EDC type of person you will most likely leave a gun somewhere or fail to secure it or break one of those basic rules. There is a level of awareness that you cant teach.  This automatically rules out teachers in several states. Armed certification in any state is a joke anyway. Like the military...its based on the lowest common denominator.  Unlike the military...thats it. You passed. You are legal. see you at the range next year. Bring 60 rounds. Generally speaking the military at least forces you to continually train.

Now this whole HIRE A VET movement?  WTF. people really romanticize this former occupation.  As ive said before, some of the shittiest people ive ever known were vets. lets not automatically use that as criteria. A large majority of deployed military personnel didnt do anything but play spades and smoke overseas. quite a few of the folks that did alot over there probably dont have the mindset to guard a school. (Or be a cop) the ones in between are a great fit for the job but you need a way to dig them out.

Now its coming out that there were 4 SOs "setting up a perimeter" while kids were being killed. to serve and protect is becoming history in our brave new world . Im guessing LE leadership is stationing its duds in these low action positions so they can keep the competent officers on the street.

The issue needs to be taken seriously.  Throwing minimum wage guards at the gate, or arming that one teacher who likes to shoot dirt piles in the desert and has a sweet AR isnt going to help. The problem is societal and its not going to improve. Its just not. You can call it mental health but thats just a lable slapped on symptoms of thr underlying condition. We are failing. We are circling the drain. We are in that phase of the cycle that leads to massive oppression of liberty and we are doing it to ourselves. 

Edited by blue109

28 minutes ago, blue109 said:

The problem is societal and its not going to improve. Its just not.

Eventually it will improve, problem is there will be much pain before this happens. The present American empire does seem to be on its last leg. Oppression will follow but revolution will follow that. Call it a circle, a pendulum, doesn't matter but history shows we have these changes, that isn't going to change for us. 

I agree that just putting a Vet at the door is not going to solve the problem. The will or drive that leads people to run in to a burning building to save another is not something that can be trained into one, a person has that drive or doesn't. Part of training is weeding out those that do not have what it takes to accomplish the mission, at least good training is. That said I think the benefits of attempting to secure our schools will outweigh the tragedies it will cause. Liberty is dangerous but safer than the alternative.

1 hour ago, blue109 said:

The problem is societal and its not going to improve. Its just not. You can call it mental health but thats just a lable slapped on symptoms of thr underlying condition. We are failing. We are circling the drain. We are in that phase of the cycle that leads to massive oppression of liberty and we are doing it to ourselves. 

You hit the nail on the head. And that is why there is no easy solution. 

1 hour ago, blue109 said:

The hits just keep coming! How many red flags does it take to get something done.......or is this a version of a false flag op???? That ISIS reference alone should have been enough to get him an interview by an agent.........guess they are too busy chasing russian collusion tips.

So the school knew. Local PD knew. FBI was handed a fucking dossier on the guy. And now reports that when PD showed up and entered the school, there were 3 other SOs hiding behind cruisers during the gunfire...not just the coward of broward. 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/24/several-broward-deputies-waited-outside-during-florida-school-shooting-report-says.amp.html

Remind me again why I should give up my guns because the government will keep me safe.

Edited by blue109

7 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

The hits just keep coming! How many red flags does it take to get something done.......or is this a version of a false flag op???? That ISIS reference alone should have been enough to get him an interview by an agent.........guess they are too busy chasing russian collusion tips.

I fully agree and said the same thing that they were too busy covering Hillary and Huma Abedin's treasonous asses.

False flag op ... why not?  I've only paid very little attention to this concept in the past but I'll tell you after 25.5 years as a career LEO I have N-E-V-E-R  seen a fiasco like the Las Vegas investigation; namely, not once can I recall a shooter's home being a crime scene that actually gets burglarized after being designated a crime scene and while the investigation is still ongoing.  THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN !!!  

The media has shown a weird pattern of behavior here once again.  For example they mentioned the very first day the shooter had an ISIS affiliation and also used smoke canisters however after the initial disclosure this went silent for several days but all the other lesser outstanding/unusual facts kept rolling and developing.  If this kid supposedly had to stash his weapons in an access-restricted safe in the home of the family that "took him in" then I find it hard to believe this family did not find his smoke canisters a little strange unless he stashed these elsewhere and where and how did he get these in the first place?  Such military and police-grade munitions are a little harder to get these days and getting the civilian versions that are available are even kind of pricey for a kid that age.  The family he lived with has been interviewed and acknowledged the weapons but no mention of gas canisters.

A couple days ago I read where one of the key fraudulent crisis actors allegedly recorded one of his sessions IN ADVANCE of this tragedy but close enough in proximation that prohibits it from being a coincidence.  

Like I said before ... I'm starting to smell a rat.

6 hours ago, blue109 said:

So the school knew. Local PD knew. FBI was handed a fucking dossier on the guy. And now reports that when PD showed up and entered the school, there were 3 other SOs hiding behind cruisers during the gunfire...not just the coward of broward. 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/24/several-broward-deputies-waited-outside-during-florida-school-shooting-report-says.amp.html

Remind me again why I should give up my guns because the government will keep me safe.

Here's something else of interest:

https://constitution.com/school-shooting-plot-exposed-wont-believe-set/ 

43 minutes ago, GRA said:

FWIW ... 

www.teaparty.org

List of companies that dumped the NRA 

Here is the list from the article.

As of Feb. 24, 2018, those companies are:

Enterprise Rent-A-Car, First National Bank of Omaha, Avis Car Rental, Allied Van Lines, Budget Rent-A-Car, Chubb, Delta Airlines, Hertz Rent-A-Car, MetLife, North American Van Lines, TrueCar, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, Symantec and United Airlines

Looks like the Clinton Cartel has Broward all cinched.  Debbie Wasserman Schultz is their Chairwoman there.

For some reason I cannot load a link correctly right now but frontpagemag.com has an article about a member of CAIR being a deputy there.

Sad fukin situation. To have the ability to help and you don't. WTF

I don't know brother GRA is it the selection process for police ? 

On some of these video's the officer looks and acts very nervous or as this case they are paralyzed by fear. I totally get the " you don't know who is safe or dangerous" , but like in my old job if you didn't like being in the air then the job isn't for you.

When I was a kid the cops would go to the bar for a "disturbance" the guys coming back from Vietnam were just relaxing. Out the door came rolling CHD this guys told they were just "relaxing" no one got killed not even a knife was pulled. Now these guys are looking for work and they became CDP then we were sure to not get too stupid. Sometimes they get you ,you trip fall,get hit with a phone book [Chicago directory would stun the biggest]. Bottom line there was respect and control. Last 20 makes LEO to be a very tough job. In the end we are both the same at the end of the day we want to go home the same way we left whether you work construction or LE , but with a few extra bucks in our pocket.

Good luck brother :thumbup:

The selection and probation standards were seriously weakened when Affirmative action for hiring and evaluating police and Sheriff patrol officers was mandated. It allowed a great many good men and women into LE, but also allowed some bad apples to take advantage of the situation, IMHO.

24 minutes ago, mrmackc said:

The selection and probation standards were seriously weakened when Affirmative action for hiring and evaluating police and Sheriff patrol officers was mandated. It allowed a great many good men and women into LE, but also allowed some bad apples to take advantage of the situation, IMHO.

I'll agree that this is a good point.  Remember though that hiring in a Sheriff Dept. and Constable precincts are often politics-driven and more often so than with the municipal departments and the Feds.  Who you are politically is often far more important than how competent you actually are.  They can always pencil-whip your test and exercise results on paper.  I've seen this happen more than once.

If Broward County has civil service protections then it is somewhat less political (in theory) than a department that doesn't have those protections however this Sheriff appears to me to have been more "manipulated" in to his position by politically powerful people than possibly elected by voters.  By politically powerful people I'm referencing the Clinton Cartel and/or someone jus like them.  Remember that the Witch carried Broward county in 2016 elections and Wasserman-Schultz was the party chairman for the county then too. 

I sent a link of that article to the local radio morning call in show, and within the next 5 minutes the host was pretty much reading/summarizing it on air.

He is a good stand up kinda guy, solidly conservative, and doesn't cut too much crap about stuff he sees and doesn't like.

I can only hope that I wasn't the only one who sent it in, but my ego whispers ...."yeeessssss, you have the powerrrr......":evil: