• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What is your preference for whiskey?

JF89

13 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I don't know about scotch, but there's a limited edition Crown Royal, Salted Caramel Whiskey - and IT. IS. BADASS.   !!!.  :thumbup:

Look for the box - it's in the box...  

Crown-Royal-Salted-Caramel__54118.150637

How did you remember that ... 

Did you find a bottle !  LMAO 😀😃😄😆😅😂😂🤣😭

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, MikedaddyH said:

How did you remember that ... 

Did you find a bottle !  LMAO 😀😃😄😆😅😂😂🤣😭

I don't know HOW I remembered it, but Fuk yeah I did find it - I was ON THE HUNT for it...   :laffs:

4 hours ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

I'm gonna have to try that!! 

It's badass, brother - it's worth it.  Fuk is it good...   :banana:

On 10/28/2019 at 7:11 PM, 98Z5V said:

I don't know about scotch, but there's a limited edition Crown Royal, Salted Caramel Whiskey - and IT. IS. BADASS.   !!!.  :thumbup:

Look for the box - it's in the box...  

Crown-Royal-Salted-Caramel__54118.150637

So I'm guessing no objections if a bring a bottle of fine Canadian whiskey on my next visit? It also comes in vanilla, Texas Mesquite,apple and peach...

4 minutes ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

So I'm guessing no objections if a bring a bottle of fine Canadian whiskey on my next visit? It also comes in vanilla, Texas Mesquite,apple and peach...

ZERO objections, brother - and it comes in Salted Caramel, too...   :lmao:

The back of that Salted Caramel box has a recipe to make "caramel apple" drinks - with this one and the apple...  That could lead to a WILD evening!...   :banana:

On 10/28/2019 at 6:09 PM, JF89 said:

Bump... anybody here into Scotch, What would you recommend?

All the tide pod talk has me thirsty

I don't like Scotch as a rule but my youngest son has been drinking the Kirkland (Costco brand) Scotch and I think it's pretty damn good as far as Scotchs go.

2 hours ago, 392heminut said:

I don't like Scotch as a rule but my youngest son has been drinking the Kirkland (Costco brand) Scotch and I think it's pretty damn good as far as Scotchs go.

bro brought this over for my bday and its rough.. Im more into whiskey so that might be my tounge lashing out? Gotta long ways to go on that Costco size bottle. 🤪😵

5 hours ago, sketch said:

bro brought this over for my bday and its rough.. Im more into whiskey so that might be my tounge lashing out? Gotta long ways to go on that Costco size bottle. 🤪😵

I'm sure that Costco bottle was aged well over a month !  33 ... 34. Days 🤗

August was a good month. 😰

On 10/29/2019 at 8:58 AM, mrmackc said:

Truth is I am not much of a big alcohol consumer.  I got enough of it second hand by working for a drunk bastard, and had too many sorry drunkard relatives. One good drunk in college when I lost control and was passed out for a few hours was all it took for me to realize I didn't need to get drunk. Just a couple of cold beers or a couple of fingers of hard stuff usually does it for me.

I do prefer Black Jack and branch water over some ice cubes, it really calms me down. Even tho I don't get very adgeatated too often , thank goodness. :fullauto::soap:

• 3 years later...

Whiskey and pickle juice shot….is that really a thing?  Was out late last night and one of the girls in the group decided to order everyone this setup. Sup the pickle juice, shoot the whiskey, sip a little more pickle juice. Claims it’s a thing, but I have never heard that one. I live under a rock I guess. I’d say it was ok, but I was already in the drunk…so hard to tell. 

On 10/31/2019 at 10:38 AM, bubbas4570 said:

I hit around 45......not a fast learner.

I tell ya - you are all a bunch of slow learners!!! 61 and still perfecting the process!!!

Over the last ten years I have learned to moderate enough to keep a good buzz for most of the day, I do not prefer any commercially available whiskey or whisky or bourbon. I kinda like Maker's and Jamison, most big name bourbon you can pour back in the horse, but I have had some (and bought for the cabinet) fabulous small batch bourbons!

My booze of choice is unregulated whiskey, mostly out of "middle-of-nowhere" Georgia. All copper distillery, no additives - the taste is all from the starch medium. In over ten years I have not had a hangover or a bad next day - well, I've been still inebriated, but no ill effects. No kidding, best stuff I've ever had. 

shine jar.jpg

1 hour ago, Traveler said:

I tell ya - you are all a bunch of slow learners!!! 61 and still perfecting the process!!!

Over the last ten years I have learned to moderate enough to keep a good buzz for most of the day, I do not prefer any commercially available whiskey or whisky or bourbon. I kinda like Maker's and Jamison, most big name bourbon you can pour back in the horse, but I have had some (and bought for the cabinet) fabulous small batch bourbons!

My booze of choice is unregulated whiskey, mostly out of "middle-of-nowhere" Georgia. All copper distillery, no additives - the taste is all from the starch medium. In over ten years I have not had a hangover or a bad next day - well, I've been still inebriated, but no ill effects. No kidding, best stuff I've ever had. 

shine jar.jpg

That sounds good.