• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

buket list handgun

stonegraham

14 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

I plan to build it on one of these when the time comes.

https://www.polymer80.com/PF45-80-Large-Frame-Kit

that really ought to be fun, I'm down to 3 44 Mags, and those mostly get 44 Special these days, LOL. I do have .40 Smith and Wesson M & P which I enjoy playing with, but I'm a lot my accurate with my 45 ACP Springers...

the 460 is capable of some real fire power, a very cool round, and that little hog leg ought to keep you entertained!

Edited by billymagg

1 hour ago, Radioactive said:

One of these days

EFA03780-97FA-4B5C-9190-0B88783A29DA.jpeg

When my grandmother passed she left us all a small amount of money. I was sooo close to picking up a super grade as way to remember her....but we paid some bills instead. I still regret that move.  Still on the bucket list. 

9 hours ago, DNP said:

When my grandmother passed she left us all a small amount of money. I was sooo close to picking up a super grade as way to remember her....but we paid some bills instead. I still regret that move.  Still on the bucket list. 

Problem is I can’t own a safe queen it would be a shame to put some wear on it.

So if you hang around this crew long enough you will be rich in guns and poor in the bank account. Currently I’m listing after the Staccato XC. Also a Korth NXS 8 shot in 6” with their compensator. Or a Nitehawk TRS Comp. 

Alas, I will be attempting to acquire SIG 320 X5 Legion before years end, I really liked the way it shot and it’s much closer to my budget. Which is nill. Lol

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/5/2020 at 4:35 AM, Radioactive said:

Not that I need another round to load for but I always wanted a 1911 in 38 super. Any one of the custom guys make 1911’s I’d be satisfied with.

Ask @Matt.Cross about my 'budget' 38 Super, he got to break it in a couple of weekends ago.

Edited by 392heminut

On 11/5/2020 at 4:35 AM, Radioactive said:

Not that I need another round to load for but I always wanted a 1911 in 38 super. Any one of the custom guys make 1911’s I’d be satisfied with.

Here's basically what I started with, a Rock Island Armory 38 Super that a friend of mine picked up on a trade and let me have for $200;

IMG_9402.thumb.jpg.587789f4f68515f580a9e078340d562e.jpg

I had the grips and trigger on my bench and picked up a few more parts from Brownells. Fitted everything and did a relief cut under the trigger guard and checkered the frontstrap and did a nice 4# trigger job on it. Trigger group is all RIA parts except for the Commander hammer, and they cleaned up really well for a great trigger pull. I did a quick black parkerizing job on it (functional as hell but not real pretty) and put it all back together. This is the finished gun with about $400 total in it;

1510495382_38Super.thumb.jpg.81543ac424cd75baf2463271c8d288e6.jpg

I hadn't even shot it after I parkerized it and reassembled it. Matt got to break it in for me! That RIA barrel seems to be really accurate.