• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Ammo

unforgiven

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fortunately I had enough powder, primers and bullets stockpiled so that I won't have to worry about ammo for a while, hopefully not until all this schit winds down. Had to do some scrounging for powder in Tucson and Las Cruces but I got enough to load my stuff. I'm using some powders I've never used before but any port in a storm right? A burn rate chart is a must when looking for alternate powders!:thumbup:

Canadian dealers been getting so many inquires from Americans asking to buy ammo they posted on their websites that they are unable to ship to the USA.

Things are starting to get a bit thin here, had to go to two dealers to get large and small pistol/rifle primers I was looking for. 

The real shortages here will show up in the spring when Canadian wholesalers try and stock up at SHOT. 

37 minutes ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

The real shortages here will show up in the spring when Canadian wholesalers try and stock up at SHOT. 

Exactly - since SHOT won't happen this year...  Major yearly deals made during that tradeshow, more than most people know about. 

Shiit - I'd be shooting at Industry Range Day right now, for the SHOT - today, right now on the night shoot - if it was happening this year.  For Fuk's Sake - SHOT GAVE me the COVID last year... :bitchslap:  :lmao:

Edited by 98Z5V

6 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Exactly - since SHOT won't happen this year...  Major yearly deals made during that tradeshow, more than most people know about. 

Shiit - I'd be shooting at Industry Range Day right now, for the SHOT - today, right now on the night shoot - if it was happening this year.  For Fuk's Sake - SHOT GAVE me the COVID last year... :bitchslap:  :lmao:

That and US manufactures are Canada's main source and they're having trouble keeping up with their domestic orders.

How'd you catch COVID?  I was under the impression that your blood system was more than sufficiently diluted... :hornet: 

37 minutes ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

How'd you catch COVID?  I was under the impression that your blood system was more than sufficiently diluted... :hornet: 

Had to be the Chinese Vendors at SHOT last year, brother - brought it with them, Jan 21~24, 2020 - for SHOT...  Drove home Friday night, got in at 2:30am, tired as hell.  Crashed out, woke up at 8am to go to work at 9am - felt just like SHIIT...  Went home, went to sleep. Couldn't get out of bed on Sunday. DRAGGED my ass out of bed on Monday morning for work, felt bad all day....

Tuesday? Back to normal.  Whatever.  Chocked it up to a bad case of the Flu.  Wednesday, my 78-year old driver felt like shiit, Thursday, he had to call-out.  Friday, he was back to work.  I gave the COVID to him... 

Felt like Flu.  Shorter in duration, just a tiny bit more nasty than Flu.  Few days later, whatever on it...  

Edited by 98Z5V

18 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

That thing is already chambered for $6 dollar bills, brother, so I can only imagine that 40 rounds wasn't cheap...  🤪

18 hours ago, sketch said:

shhh, I'd be at a loss if I didn't( pay )attention earlier. I have the only one in town! Robo has the only one of unicorns spike on the planet. but yeah im good!🇺🇸🍻🍻

No $hit. 338LM ain't no joke on the wallet. That stuff was pricey even before the current ammo shortage.

33 minutes ago, DNP said:

Has that one gone up?  If not, I’d happily shoot $6 338 before $3 9mm

Haven't been tracking it for commercial ammo for awhile, but I'll bet it has - if you can even find it.

I was at 90 cents a round on reloaded brass with the 225gr SST projectiles.  We had to up that to the Hornady 285gr ELD-Match projectiles - and that made it $1.90 a shot.