• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, shepp said:

Welcome from wisconsin, 

soooooooooo tell us about this fancy milled 1911 slide you got

I think there’s a saying about this.... 

Something something if you don’t have anything good to say, do it yourself???? I’ll get it eventually...

learned my first lesson on gunsmith politics. 
botched slide cut on a s&w shield for a 507k x2. just butchered it.  

Then smith refused to acknowledge his shoddy work.  Said If I removed the sight from the slide, then he’s not going to even take a second look. So asked him what does he do with rmr cuts? Tell people they are out of luck when the battery dies? 

then says the sight isn’t centered on the slide, (wayy off to the right) because the screw holes would interfere with the plunger on a shield, and that he mounts all s&w shields like that. To which I replied the plunger is a good inch behind the mount holes, under the rear irons (had mounted infront of rear irons). Smith replied that I don’t know what I’m talking about, and that he gets a hundred calls a day about the same thing... hmm, you don’t say?? 

long story short, I’m out my hard earned cash. But now have access to a nice Bridgeport, and have a solid plan to get it fixed.. 

which reminds me, who thinks heli-coils will work just fine in this situation? 

3 minutes ago, UserNameIsNotWitty said:

.... or did you want to hear about the Damascus caspain 1911 slide that drew has spent my next paycheck on?? 

my wife is going to kill me...

Haha no he just texts me told me to be nice, help you spend your money he needs you to work more and oh ask him about his milled 1911 slide

1 hour ago, UserNameIsNotWitty said:

I think there’s a saying about this.... 

Something something if you don’t have anything good to say, do it yourself???? I’ll get it eventually...

learned my first lesson on gunsmith politics. 
botched slide cut on a s&w shield for a 507k x2. just butchered it.  

Then smith refused to acknowledge his shoddy work.  Said If I removed the sight from the slide, then he’s not going to even take a second look. So asked him what does he do with rmr cuts? Tell people they are out of luck when the battery dies? 

then says the sight isn’t centered on the slide, (wayy off to the right) because the screw holes would interfere with the plunger on a shield, and that he mounts all s&w shields like that. To which I replied the plunger is a good inch behind the mount holes, under the rear irons (had mounted infront of rear irons). Smith replied that I don’t know what I’m talking about, and that he gets a hundred calls a day about the same thing... hmm, you don’t say?? 

long story short, I’m out my hard earned cash. But now have access to a nice Bridgeport, and have a solid plan to get it fixed.. 

I used them on a 73 FX exhaust hole 5/16" I think.

30 minutes ago, DNP said:

Welcome to hell week. Tell Drew you’re gonna need a raise like yesterday. You don’t sound like you have a problem spending money....this could hurt. A lot. 

Thanks for the heads up! 
as to the second part, why do you think he pointed me this way in the first place? 

....ohh right... boss.. .

25 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

I used them on a 73 FX exhaust hole 5/16" I think.

thanks! I have faith.. I’ve used them plenty on high pressure aluminum test housings. Which theoretically could explode, but on something that controls an actual explosion is a new one for me. Figure it can’t hurt to ask around. 

29 minutes ago, UserNameIsNotWitty said:

Thanks for the heads up! 
as to the second part, why do you think he pointed me this way in the first place? 

....ohh right... boss.. .

thanks! I have faith.. I’ve used them plenty on high pressure aluminum test housings. Which theoretically could explode, but on something that controls an actual explosion is a new one for me. Figure it can’t hurt to ask around. 

The slide doesn't really contain the explosion that's the chamber and barrels job.

5 hours ago, UserNameIsNotWitty said:

Helicoils sucks and are a temporary repair - fix it THAT time.

If you want to fix it permanently, then use Time-Sert. 

Explain Drew.  Drew - that owns this site - is your boss?!  Who the fuk let Drew into a position where he's bossing people around?...  FML, Biden is the President, and Drew is bossing fuckers around.  What are we in for, here?...   :lmao:

EDIT - This by NO MEANS correlates Drew with that FukWad Biden, in any way, shape or form...

Edited by 98Z5V

3 hours ago, UserNameIsNotWitty said:

Thanks for the heads up! 

Because he's Sadistic - and he knows what we do to Newbs.  You work for him - but I think he might hate you.  I'm just sayin'...  He likes to push the fat pig into the pond filled with the Piranhas.  That's just how he is...  🤪

4 hours ago, UserNameIsNotWitty said:

What can I say, I’m a glutton for punishment.. 

thanks for the heads up on the time serts looking into them now. 

Then my man you are in thee right place!!

10 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Drew warned you about how you'd be treated here, once you disclosed your working relationship, right?  I'm just asking...

About the Canadian seal hunt | The Humane Society of the United States

2 hours ago, DNP said:

My favorite meme for some reason...

51D40A40-C9A2-4F75-AB46-5EF6C4B9999F.jpeg

Do we enlighten him on “THE RULE” or just wait for it to happen then inform him