• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

CZ aquires Colt

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/us-gun-maker-colt-bought-czech-company-75847772

PRAGUE -- Czech firearms company Ceska Zbrojovka has signed a deal to acquire Colt, the American gun maker that helped develop revolvers in the 19th century and has since supplied the armed forces in the U.S. and other countries.

Ceska Zbrojovka Group SE said Friday that it has purchased all the shares in Colt Holding Company LLC, the parent company of Colt’s Manufacturing Company LLC and its Canadian subsidiary, Colt Canada Corp.

49 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

This makes me want to either cry or puke. I think it's the lawsuits that say "your machine killed my (fill in the blank)" and I can't blame them (Colt) for getting out. But I hate it. My constant companion, back when I wore blue, was a Colt Combat Commander in (what else?) .45 ACP. What a sweet friend.

I would carry a cz over my S&W any day of the week. Fact!

1 hour ago, Madhouse said:

what sucks more is a foreign company buying an American company and operating it here, imho

Most big corporations are multinationals now a days. Buick sells more cars in China, then in the United States. Smithfield Pork is owned by a Chinese corporation.Need a scorecard to keep track of who owns what now a days. Liked Troopers CZ , at least it is a reputable company.

On 2/14/2021 at 6:36 PM, Sisco said:

Most big corporations are multinationals now a days. Buick sells more cars in China, then in the United States. Smithfield Pork is owned by a Chinese corporation.Need a scorecard to keep track of who owns what now a days. Liked Troopers CZ , at least it is a reputable company.

Yeah that CZ 75 single action is beautiful ☺️ 

5 hours ago, 392heminut said:

I agree with you brother but I would still take a good Colt 1911 over either one of them!:thumbup:

(yeah, I'm old school)

Capacity for me,  is a no there, no fault on the platform. 

2 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

Yeah that CZ 75 single action is beautiful ☺️ 

You need to shoot the shadow, it’s beautiful.

3 hours ago, beantown said:

I thought the same thing, (loved my 1911) that was until I got my HK45. I've never looked back.

Nope, not for LEO work, they give no support. We have wasting UMP and failing mp5’s. They are more concerned with selling new guns at over inflated prices to consumers. And they are a far cry from their previous quality.

9 hours ago, beantown said:

I thought the same thing, (loved my 1911) that was until I got my HK45. I've never looked back.

We were issued HK USP's in 40 S&W and I liked the gun a lot (I was dept. armorer and firearms instructor) and it was WAY better than the P.O.S. S&W 4006's the previous chief had acquired for us. As much as I liked those USP's I still preferred a 1911. If I was a street cop now and could carry whatever I wanted I would go with one of these;

https://staccato2011.com/product/staccato-p/

At least  Colt was bought by a company whose focus is firearms rather then an an investment group focused on wringing out as much profit before discarding what's left.

Colt Canada while a subsidiary of Colt USA its primary focus is military contract  with  British, Norwegian, Dutch, and Danish forces as clients.

I like CZ and have several of their firearms( first handgun was a CZ75B )  and hope that this works out for Colt and stops the financial roller-coaster ride it's been on. 

So,I've been holding out on responding to this, not because I want to see what's said...  But,because I've been thinking about this carefully.

CZ acquires Colt.  "OOOOHHH!!!  Foreign Company BUYS the US Company!!!..." Nope, zero concern, as I think about it.  That really was my main concern, and as I thought about it- it's NOT a concern, in the long term.

Well, If fucking CERBERUS bought Colt - we have an issue.  No concerns with CZ, even though they're "foreign..."

CZ has been embedded in the US market for decades, and CZ makes some seriously HIGH QUALITY guns.  CZ has a US foothold, but not a major foothold.  Well, now they do. 

Colt - disappointing in the last several years, and REALLY disappointing when you look at their flip-flop AR market...  We sell to civilians, not we're NOT selling to civilians..  Because Lib-tard cancel-culture got to them - and they backpeddled, and issued a half-assed statement - "We're SO BURIED under .mil and LEO contracts, that we have to TEMPORARILY suspend d the civilian sales...  "  Bullshiit, Colt - YOU caved to MSM/Feelings/Anti-Political haters, and THEN you reversed it.  Fuk off. It's not that your product wasn't worth the money "back in the day of Mil-Spec" - it WAS worth that money.  THEN.  These days, everything can be Mil-Spec, for AR15s, and it easy.  Your reputation slipped, Colt...   :thumbup:  Because you wavered, due to political pressure...  :thefinger:

CZ buying Colt is a good thing.  CZ isn't worried about US politics - they don't give a damn about that.  They've always been about building and making guns - and they have some very badass guns.  One of the newest CZ semi auto rifles is a SCAR-Killer.  They're on a serious roll, and making badass guns.  I'd MUCH rather have CZ buy Colt, than read about some other fucked up shiit like 10 years ago, when all we heard about in guns news that that Cerberus bought another company.

Research that - see how many of those companies are now out of business...

I thought long and hard about replying tothis a few days ago, and just going off.  I waited.  I thought about what was right to say.  CZ buying Colt is the best thing that can happen to Americans that want to buy Colts.  That's my final answer...

:soap::banhim: