• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What are your other hobbies and interests?

imschur

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey AdamO! I think that Cessna 172 used to be a Texas or Oklahoma airplane

My Oklahoma Cessna 172M that I sold in 1983, because my company decided I needed to be bonded and a condition was no more flying private fixed or rotary winged aircraft.

N20721 is still flying up in Connecticut. but has been repainted a modern style and the wheel pants are gone.

post-15401-0-06083300-1430345925_thumb.j

Edited by mrmackc

Great Lakes fishing, been President of two Sportfishing clubs, used to train in and teach an offshoot of Uechi Ryu. Still serve as a volunteer Advisor and lobbyist for Great Lakes Sport Fishing organizations.

Drove motorcycles, but now switched to a Corvette. Wife and slowing reaction times had something to do with that. Outdoor wood fired cookery and meat smoking. Travel every chance I get. Climbed Cape Horn a couple of years ago. Thinking of rebuilding the 4 wd of my youth- an international Scout II 1975.

Congrats brother, I'll be starting the process of getting my pilot license soon myself.

That's awesome man!! I know I've been waiting to do this my entire life, but I'm not ready to pop the champagne yet.  There's a chance I may never get off the ground if I can't get my medical through.  I have sleep apnea which is automatic 'grounded' when left untreated.  I had a sleep study done and got the CPAP machine so with that I'm hoping I can get a Special Issuance from the FAA.

But since it's my first medical/student pilot certificate, it has to go all the way to OKC for approval and there's a whole bunch of crap I've got to submit and I was mistaken about the AASI, it would be just a straight SI the first go around; AME Assisted after that.  Lots of other pilots have them for this very reason, but I'm not counting any chickens before they're hatched!  <thumbsup> 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<hump> 

loved robo's reply,but at my age,the more i learn about women,the more i like golf.the balls are lighter,the shafts are stiffer, and i have 19 holes to play with.

yanno golf is like sex.you can do it in a foursome,threesome,twosome,and if your bored,you can do it by yourself.

• 2 months later...

That is cool brother.Got those birds here on the Mississippi River near Quad cities or there abouts.

The eagle population has exploded here in Wisconsin over the past 3-4 years a saw an osprey for the first time last weekend too.

That is cool brother.Got those birds here on the Mississippi River near Quad cities or there abouts.

i've watched and recorded a nest on the Upper Mississippi NWR.

The eagle population has exploded here in Wisconsin over the past 3-4 years a saw an osprey for the first time last weekend too.

i watch Osprey too, especially a nest in Scotland

• 2 months later...

Thanks sketch, glad to be back.    I don’t know what happened with my copy and past.   I wasn’t even able to transfer pictures from photobucket either.   I just checked back the other day and everything was working.  I don’t know.

Yep! It’s a Valkyrie.  98 to be exact.   I’ve been running her sense 2000. Done a little work on her building HP.   Went from stock 105hp to 155hp at crank and between 125 and 130 at rear wheel.

My kids are something else.  I have eleven in the house.   Got five new ones, three week old now, in the bed room.         

Wolf

• 2 months later...