• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What are your other hobbies and interests?

imschur

the scuba diving is to make sure they're all still wearing their concrete shoes?  Many other tommy gun collectors were fascinated by the underwater life as well. Sent plenty of scouts to check it out....never heard back from em. Must be pretty nice down there. 

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Other hobbies, sometimes I like getting a certain kind of high lol. This is a short one. Can you see the men standing on the ground and telephone poles that look like toothpicks?

tower1.jpg

I climbed a couple of Bell Microwave towers when I was a teenager and a few lookout towers on top of mountains. I got that out of my system when I was in a lookout tower and it was swaying 15 to 20 feet ,during high winds. You got big balls !

Ahhh, swayin' on a tower just gives me a peaceful easy feelin' even without jammin to the Eagles in the earbuds. Couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with a rifle from up there though, lol. Like trying to shoot from a bobbing boat...some got it but I ain't them

Since I'm here let me add a few of the things I like to do. Yes. I like to jump out of perfectly good airplanes, and off of objects! Also like to ski and scuba dive, though not much time for them anymore. I am a home theater nut, have a awesome theater in the house! Like to DIY everything, just gutted the girlfriends kitchen and hallway and upgraded everything!

Hahaha...I jump off those things!!! What a rush! Climbed a couple big radio towers to jump off, they were putting out so much power you could feel it on your skin, felt like bugs crawling all over you!

I asked the boss if I could rig a zip-line to "practice tower personnel rescue techniques". He saw through my ruse and said no haha

My other hobbies? I am the family IT support desk, I like to lift, run and read up on current events.  I used to be into NASCAR but the new rule changes this year kind of ticked me off and I'm not sure I like where it's heading anymore.

Actually I would hate all of those towers that have sprouted up every where in rural areas because of their side effect,or is it side affect of reaching up and plucking low flying aircraft out of their domain,, the sky, ...but I reckon that they do serve a useful service even if they look like a big old red-eyed spider when you fly over them. (IMHO)

Actually I would hate all of those towers that have sprouted up every where in rural areas because of their side effect,or is it side affect of reaching up and plucking low flying aircraft out of their domain,, the sky, ...but I reckon that they do serve a useful service even if they look like a big old red-eyed spider when you fly over them. (IMHO)

It is effect. 

Affect is usually a verb, and effect is usually a noun. To affect something is to change or influence it, and an effect is something that happens due to a cause. When you affect something, it produces an effect.

I guess one of my hobbies is closet grammar nazi.  I hope typing nazi doesn't get me on a list. :)

It is effect. 

Affect is usually a verb, and effect is usually a noun. To affect something is to change or influence it, and an effect is something that happens due to a cause. When you affect something, it produces an effect.

I guess one of my hobbies is closet grammar nazi.  I hope typing nazi doesn't get me on a list. :)

man you must HATE my posts?!