• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What are your other hobbies and interests?

imschur

man you must HATE my posts?!

It is effect. 

Affect is usually a verb, and effect is usually a noun. To affect something is to change or influence it, and an effect is something that happens due to a cause. When you affect something, it produces an effect.

I guess one of my hobbies is closet grammar nazi.  I hope typing nazi doesn't get me on a list. :)

Well Doc ,  I had an inkling it was effect.  I did wonder who would be first to comment on that point of questionable grammar. Thanks for the explanation. I always appreciate your postings.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My other hobbies? I am the family IT support desk, I like to lift, run and read up on current events.  I used to be into NASCAR but the new rule changes this year kind of ticked me off and I'm not sure I like where it's heading anymore.

Never realized how loud NASCAR's were until one fire up inside my warehouse today !

Seriously, those things are crazy loud.  How did you end up with a NASCAR starting up in your warehouse?

We had an open house at our warehouse , customers ,corporate suits ,clients and city council. I can't say what company I work for on the internet ,could be fired for cause !

We had an open house at our warehouse , customers ,corporate suits ,clients and city council. I can't say what company I work for on the internet ,could be fired for cause !

That's understandable, I'd hate to see you get canned for that.  But still, pretty freakin' cool. Hopefully a tree hugging hippie somewhere burst into tears at the green house gases that were emitted.

Mikedad.    So your company sponsors a Nascar.   Awesome!   and they brought one of their tour cars...... so lets all guess which company it is.     Hey brothers....theres about 43 cars or so... and each one has a sponser... some 2  for the season.... shouldnt be hard o figure out....lol

My guess its a beer car.... miller lite#2

Wash

Mikedad.    So your company sponsors a Nascar.   Awesome!   and they brought one of their tour cars...... so lets all guess which company it is.     Hey brothers....theres about 43 cars or so... and each one has a sponser... some 2  for the season.... shouldnt be hard o figure out....lol

Wash

C'mon...look who we're talking about here.

Obviously it was Go Daddy!

Wash

No... But I did stick my head in two different Kasey Kane Budweiser cars.

Please DONT get me in trouble.

• 2 weeks later...

I grew up going to dirtcup (open wheel spint car racing) every year with my grandparents. By the age of 16 i was able to drive to skagit speedway to help on a pit crew, after almost a full season they let me pack the track in a 360!!! So in the next two years i bought a mini sprint for racing deming speed way!! (#5)!   

On 3/23/2016 at 9:34 PM, sketch said:

I grew up going to dirtcup (open wheel spint car racing) every year with my grandparents. By the age of 16 i was able to drive to skagit speedway to help on a pit crew, after almost a full season they let me pack the track in a 360!!! So in the next two years i bought a mini sprint for racing deming speed way!! (#5)!   

Been to Skagit Speedway a few times, Evergreen was about 8 miles from my old home.

• 2 months later...

Back in the day I kicked azz in the SDBA   ....if there was water then there had to be a blown gas chevy scootin across the quarter mile

this is my back up boat, and my engine builder taking her for a test run...we were a lil bit crazy back then...no enclosed cockpit...just a parachute sewn into your jacket and attached to the front of the motor..so when you get tossed the chute opens and lands you away from the crash...ballistic underware to protect your azz..this backup boat never lived up to the hype...the picklefork eliminator won all the trophies ....I can still hear those motors and smell the gas fumes!         Wash

Scan0002.jpg

What Cesna is that?  Looks like my Grandpas old 172. Had that same paint scheme. Never got to go up in that one. We had a 206 when I worked for an aerial survey company...went up a few times as photographer in that one. Screw small planes....I'll walk. ??