• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

How did you find 308AR.com forum?

imschur

5 minutes ago, SgtDog0311 said:

Appreciate the input fellas.     The terms and nomenclature will be my first to learn and maybe poking around for a schematic that shows components, as in what you'd by buying off the shelf with a build (or what you'd be selecting in a store-bought order) would be really helpful.    And dang, sifting the wheat from the chaff with all the  in the paid-for Youtube videos is tuff.         I've learned a boat load about vintage levers, Marlin 1893s, etc, and Marlin Ballards, since I shoot BPCR matches, so at least I have that experience of digging to fall back on.   Finding out what you no longer retain about the ARs in astonishing.   I can still manage my M1A like it was yesterday but I guess I jettisoned the M16 stuff from my head.     47 years is a long time  - and I was prejudice towards the .308 even at 18 yrs old! 

JF89...   I said I Googled and included the key words.    I was on Internet explorer.  Not sure what else I can say.      Search Engine,??wouldn't that be google?

I was answering the question of how I found this place. My bad for the mix up.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2019 at 5:36 PM, 98Z5V said:

Learn what you can ahead of time, then figure out what you want to do and which way to attack it - that's damn smart.

@SgtDog0311 might be on to something with that approach...  (pause to let people think about that)

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! 

That will never catch on with some of us (probably not just me) on this site, but it did give me a good laugh...  Welcome to the place of nearly unlimited knowledge and support!  Many great people here. 

1 hour ago, RobPLSCA said:

@SgtDog0311 might be on to something with that approach...  (pause to let people think about that)

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! 

That will never catch on with some of us (probably not just me) on this site, but it did give me a good laugh...  Welcome to the place of nearly unlimited knowledge and support!  Many great people here. 

You gotta update the status on your 87 builds, brother.  :laffs:  Where are those things at now?  Road trip in order yet?  I'm down, on a weekend the @DNP property.  :thumbup:

20 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

update the status on your 87 builds

Thank you for asking.  Status is ZERO progress.  I have been busier than the proverbial guy at the contest, and have not even looked at the boxes of parts for least a month...  I need more time... More money would also be good... Actually, more money would be really good...

I've got to look at everything and make sure I have what I need. I think I am still a couple bolts short of the necessary quantity...  Maybe also gas tubes and sights...  And I am still waiting on the 5.56 bolts from @Robocop1051 's contact, which should lead to a couple of AR-15 builds... One in .300 blackout, and the other in 5.56...  Sumbitch... That means more uppers, lowers, barrels, handguards, parts kits, triggers, sights, gas blocks, gas tubes, buffer tubes, springs, and fixed length stocks...  I'm gonna drop another grand and a half before I'm done, and I don't even have the fancy optics piced out yet...  Yes, more money would be really good...

Oh, and I have to talk to CA DoJ and get serial numbers squared away. If I gotta get those, I might as well build the AR-15s at the same time.  Then a camp out at the @DNP ranch sounds like a great time. Maybe we can make it happen when the temperature differential is enough to inspire you to drive west...

On the bright side, I did suggest a work buddy get on here and check out this forum...  Dan is a super cool guy who shoots and reloads.  He likes the idea of an AR style .338LM / .500 blackout, and should really meet Rob at some point... 

5 minutes ago, RobPLSCA said:

Maybe we can make it happen when the temperature differential is enough to inspire you to drive west...

Brother, I don't need temp differential to inspire me to drive out there.  I'd come out every weekend, just to give Dirk a pants-down hug...  With a week of notice, I can let work know that I've got plans "this coming Saturday" so I can leave Friday night right after/from work.  I'd be out there by 10:30pm Friday night.  The car would be my preferred method of infiltration, and it's getting the body fixed right now, so it's at the auto body shop.  As soon as I jail-break it, I'm down.  :thumbup:

2 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I'd come out every weekend, just to give Dirk a pants-down hug... 

I don't think anyone needed to hear about that...

I better order the 2 required bolts you recommended... Not this weekend, and not either of the following 2. I may be up in Rob's neck of the woods in two weeks. If so, I will have to rattle his cage.  

2 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

it's getting the body fixed

Did you bend it on something?  Are you OK?

1 minute ago, RobPLSCA said:

1)..  I don't think anyone needed to hear about that...

2)..Did you bend it on something?  Are you OK?

1.  You'll get the pants-down hug, too, so just brace yourself right now...    :banana::laffs:

2.  Motherfucker rear-ended me in STOPPED TRAFFIC, 3 weeks after I got it from Dirk.  I've been dealing with that nightmare since 10 December 2018.  Construction company truck, driven by their driver, and he was looking at his phone  (I can't prove that, but I have pics of the cool brown leather recliner he had in the back of his "work truck" that day...).

Traffic backed up 1/2 mile at a stop light - he stops 50 yards behind me...  for a couple minutes, literally, he's 50 yards back, sitting there.  Then, I see 2013 Toyota Tundra chrome grill and SMASH in the rearview...  Shiit flew everywhere.  Right rear quarter damage on the car, because the jackass swerved at the last minute, before he crushed me.  He tried to yank it off the road, but failed.

After we get the car fixed, we get to talk about why I can't turn my head beyond certain ranges of motion, left and right now... 

1 minute ago, RobPLSCA said:

Give @DNP 2, thanks... Bummer about the car. Hopefuly all will turn out well...

I cooked a rib-eye that tape-measured 1.5" thick tonight.  I had to put the calipers to it (digital vernier's) to verify.  My tape measure lied to me, telling me 1.5"... It was 1.448" thick.  Pics coming up in the grilling thread...  I only did that for you, brother...  :laffs::thumbup:

I found it by looking for 308 parts, I thought hot damn, a 308 site.  I signed up immediately and soon it unsigned me.lol, Luckily I found Tom and Matt on another site and ask what happened.  Matt did something and I got back on, it kicked me back after a few post.

I think Matt tried to get me back on three times, finally he told me to hang on cause the site was goin to be updated. A few days later he told me to sign back up, my old username was good. So I did and it works fine now.  I don't know if I was the only one having a problem or not. But the update fixed it for me. I've made 123 post and not booted yet.

I thank those that got me back on and went to the trouble. I think I did kinda harass Tom and Matt begging to get back on.😂

Thanks, I believe it's all fixed now. I don't get alerts on new post in threads I subscribe too. only if they quote me do I get one. It won't let me turn it on in settings. says administration has disabled that feature. but it's ok. I ain't gonna complain

Edited by Belt Fed

6 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

There are plenty of people who have PA10s that run.  Some of them take some fixing to get them to that point though.

Yeah I've  seen quite a few horror stories but I've also seen pa-10's that run everything out of the box. I'll do a post about the specific upper , lower, and adj gas block I just purchased from them and add to the stockpile of info.

Edited by Dexterity
grammar

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Peachey said:

Googled "PA10". Already had parts on order, and I was excited to see how great my rifle was going to be while I waited lol. Glad I found ya'll. Potentially saved my rifle from certain damage.

Every PA-10 is different, literally, over the years.  It all comes down to what they put together, and shipped you - which more comes down to determining what you received. Measurements, measurements, measurements...   That's the only way to find out what you're really working with, and what you need to solve to make it functional in all aspects of it's operation...  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, JF89 said:

I refound this place , its been awhile. Hope you weird .308 fanatics have been doing ok.

We've been hangin' in there, but the fantasies about "what happen to JF89?..."  have been some pretty crazy talk...   :thumbup::banana: