imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 7/17/2022 at 5:30 PM, Savage11006 said:

Borrowed @shepp's meatloaf recipe from a while back. I'm definitely pleased I did! 

20220717_181511.jpg

Looks great! I actually stole it from a comic named Dave Whilliamson who also loved to smoke and grill meat. 

looks great! I agree it’s a great recipe!!

@DNP you’re always so humble, but you deserve homage for introducing me to tri tip. I’ve found a different distributor here, and they leave the fat cap on it. Idk if that makes a difference but it’s so much better than the butchered ones I was getting. 

kinders “the blend” with extra black pepper and garlic, smoked at 175° till 105°. Pulled wrapped in alum foil raised the temp to 500° put it back on flipped at 115° and left till 15-130° rest till the temp started going backward about 142°

F56F99CE-361C-47F6-B06C-A147EA2F9389.jpeg

B4E6A3BC-B699-450B-BD5D-3524C58E9036.jpeg

1DC091D0-8B28-42D3-A760-D75544039227.jpeg

CBEF94EA-2884-4EFF-9AF9-79D8C5435188.jpeg

86EE061C-9CEA-4C11-98A1-2ECDE0EE7059.jpeg

Yum. That looks killer. Tonight with my wife still a little knocked down from Covid I get to feed the house. 2 kids got a microwaved hotdog, the other gets some beef taquitos in the oven and she got some chicken soup…from a can. I’m doing awesome. 

On 7/17/2022 at 10:18 PM, DNP said:

Yum. That looks killer. Tonight with my wife still a little knocked down from Covid I get to feed the house. 2 kids got a microwaved hotdog, the other gets some beef taquitos in the oven and she got some chicken soup…from a can. I’m doing awesome. 

That sounds like my kind of cuisine my man. If only you could've worked in a can of 'Chef Boy Ardee'. That would've been spot on in the R2 menu rotation. :laffs:

On 7/20/2022 at 8:30 AM, DNP said:

Easier to eat the raviolis from the can and and the hotdogs not soaked. Not bad together, just the method needs some help. And why are we wasting paper plates?  

The Kraft single works as a moisture barrier to keep the bun from getting soggy 

I'm with Dirk on this one. The ravioli would just be eaten separately (out of the can of course). The slice of cheese would actually make things worse. Taste would improve by a point, but it would act as a barrier, keeping any of the sauce from reaching the bun. Thus.....making it sloppier to eat. You'd spill or wear a good portion of the sauce. Besides, the only thing that goes on a hotdog is mustard (and tobasco if you're up for it).

In my book, if it gets difficult to eat, it's off the menu.

Beside the rotten taste, why do you think I won't eat those fukin sea spiders that people call crabs? Too much work, for too little reward. Plus, they taste like $hit.

1 hour ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

We will have to buy a few cans of that to throw in, I mean on, the fire at the next shoot.  That is assuming you show up to this one.  :hornet:

One of the pluses of canned food is no need to double wrap in foild before placing on the manifold for the drive back from the long range range:thumbup:

21 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

We will have to buy a few cans of that to throw in, I mean on, the fire at the next shoot.  That is assuming you show up to this one.  :hornet:

I see what you did there...................Fuker.

Sorry......I was fighting commie mask tyranny the last two years. :laffs: Let's go Brandon:thefinger:

I'll definitely be there this time.

On 7/17/2022 at 7:00 PM, shepp said:

@DNP you’re always so humble, but you deserve homage for introducing me to tri tip. I’ve found a different distributor here, and they leave the fat cap on it. Idk if that makes a difference but it’s so much better than the butchered ones I was getting. 

kinders “the blend” with extra black pepper and garlic, smoked at 175° till 105°. Pulled wrapped in alum foil raised the temp to 500° put it back on flipped at 115° and left till 15-130° rest till the temp started going backward about 142°

They sell the “untrimmed” ones at our local grocery store. I have one I’ll be cooking tonight. I finish the trimming before I cook. They do that so they can sell you fat at 11.99 a pound. I weighed one of them that I cut 1.5 pounds off of before I cooked it. They should be selling those at quite the discount per pound. That fat doesn’t do any good for this cut in my opinion. 

I might give your method a try tonight, though I should have started a little sooner. 

1 hour ago, DNP said:

They sell the “untrimmed” ones at our local grocery store. I have one I’ll be cooking tonight. I finish the trimming before I cook. They do that so they can sell you fat at 11.99 a pound. I weighed one of them that I cut 1.5 pounds off of before I cooked it. They should be selling those at quite the discount per pound. That fat doesn’t do any good for this cut in my opinion. 

I might give your method a try tonight, though I should have started a little sooner. 

23 hours ago, DNP said:

Damn R2. Our menus are pretty similar. Instead of Tabasco, I’ll go mustard and onion occasionally. But mustard is all a dog needs. 

OK. You can't talk about making tri-tip, and say that we have a similar taste in the same thread. :laffs:I wouldn't even know where to start on something like a tri-tip.

But I'm here to say that yours are awesome when you make em up.