• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

4i4yeg.jpg

This is easy.  Air - check.  Fuel - check.  Got 'em both.  Spark...   But, is it "properly timed ignition?"...   :popcorn:

You can have spark, but that fukker needs to spark at the right time, and sheared flywheel keys or fucked up distributor timing will leave you in bed with ^^^  that guy, trying to figure it all out - while your girl is leaving you because you can't get her car running...  Or bike running...  :lmao:

Don't worry, honey - I got you.   :banana:

On 5/20/2022 at 7:43 PM, DNP said:

It can have air and fuel, but is the ratio right?

Now we're talking about carb tuning - or modifying EFI systems.  I got that covered, brother, and can "mix the mix."  :thumbup:

On 5/20/2022 at 7:32 PM, 98Z5V said:

This is easy.  Air - check.  Fuel - check.  Got 'em both.  Spark...   But, is it "properly timed ignition?"...   :popcorn:

You can have spark, but that fukker needs to spark at the right time, and sheared flywheel keys or fucked up distributor timing will leave you in bed with ^^^  that guy, trying to figure it all out - while your girl is leaving you because you can't get her car running...  Or bike running...  :lmao:

Don't worry, honey - I got you.   :banana:

Damn! I think she is Hot! to clear my heads < I would first hit that hard for a hour or so till she knew I was thinking of her, then with a clear head I can get to the business of solving my,her, Car problem !

17 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

That's one hell of a stand-alone system - they did it right.

That first pic looks like the volumetric efficiency tables from the DynoJet PowerVision tuning software.

First is the Holley EFI fuel table for my white car and is in fact calculated VE. It is a very nice, well thought out system.

The latter is SCT LiveLink in my (wife’s) red car. 

Edited by ApexJunky

6 hours ago, ApexJunky said:

First is the Holley EFI fuel table for my white car and is in fact calculated VE. It is a very nice, well thought out system.

On the DynoJet software, in the VE tables (which are per cylinder), you can highlight a specific RPM range and throttle position range, and bump that cylinder VE.   Same as the old days, changing air-fuel ratio, but on a tiny scale, per cylinder now.  It's no longer the sniffer in the exhaust, and tuning that way.  Now, we're tuning what each cylinder is doing, and perfecting each cylinder for air/fuel, throughout RPM range and throttle position, combined.  It's unreal where this has gone in the last 10 years.  Hell, since 2016, even.

5 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

That is @Rsquared and @unforgiven's empties after a weekend drinking together.:lmao::hail:

That's the truth...   :lmao:  When Ron shows up with a gang-locker full of SBRs and suppressors in the back of his truck - and the beer cooler is JUST as big...   You know it's gonna be a party...   :banana:

• 2 weeks later...