• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

I almost ordered the GM kit, but some of it I already have in my gun. Instead I ordered the action kit. In that I think the only part that is duplicated is the auto bolt return. I think that's what it's called. Frankly Ruger should make a design change and just make and add that part to every 10/22. What are they thinking? Or was it the extended mag release? Anyway, it was one of those. 

Anyway, what I ordered will decrease the lock time and do a few other good things. I like the overtravel trigger stop too. I'm sure I'll like the changes and your $ is quite safe.

FWIW, excellent service! I placed the order and it wasn't an hour later that I got a notification that they printed the postage and it had shipped. Same with R&S Precision. I placed the order after noon, went shopping returning 2ish and the new barrel had shipped. That's the way I shipped stuff when I was in business and I was good. Glad to see that sort of service by others.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, BrianK said:

In that I think the only part that is duplicated is the auto bolt return. I think that's what it's called. Frankly Ruger should make a design change and just make and add that part to every 10/22.

That's an easy change to make on any standard 10/22, and you can do it with a Dremel and a bit.  I've been doing that for years, before any kits.  All you need to do is cut out that heart-shaped tang, and you have an auto-boit release.

It's like this:

How To Modify Your Ruger 10/22 Bolt Lock For Automatic Release | Gun Values  Board

The mag release mentioned earlier arrived as predicted by USPS tracking. 2 minutes later the extended release was out and the OEM release installed. Take that unintended mag releases! Not as fast for a mag change but if I need a fast mag change after 13 rounds with my EDC gun I was definitely in the wrong place. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2021 at 9:15 AM, Black_Sheep said:

Waiting on some Magpul type 2 M-Lok rail covers for one of my 5.56 builds

How did you like these rail covers?  Been considering getting a set or two.  That floating hand guard can get mighty cold when hunting. Also wondering your thoughts were as to adequacy of coverage of one 6-pack of covers.

1 hour ago, sketch said:

Pro ears stealth 28 htbt. Delived.. just dove in to these from the fall shoot next to the 50 cal. So far the bt is awesome with the sound canceling yelling from the woman.. on TV  ha . They work !🍻🍻

I absolutely love mine, brother.  Right now, it's the very best electronic ear-pro that you can buy.  When something else comes out that's better, I'll try them, and jump on that bandwagon. 

Right now, nobody makes anything better.  This is the best out there.

5 hours ago, sketch said:

Pro ears stealth 28 htbt. Delived.. just dove in to these from the fall shoot next to the 50 cal. So far the bt is awesome with the sound canceling yelling from the woman.. on TV  ha . They work !🍻🍻

Still looking at those, primarily for hunting application.  Need to be able to hear - while still having hearing protection.  ((Confess I went cheap out of the gate with some Walkers Razor Slim Shooting muffs (only $34, with free shipping after applying some discount points)). 

Hard to find the Pro Ears Stealth 28 htbt in stock with any of the places that I normally buy from.  Was thinking about going with the Stealth 28ht (without the blue tooth). I can get those for $100 cheaper than the retail price of the 28htbt.  Appears to be the same tech for noise suppression and amplification.

Was curious as to your experience with the 28htbt in windy conditions?  I did see some reviews that indicated that could be an issue.  I also worry about ear canal fit and retention, but know that will be entirely based on each individual's anatomy.

I figure I'll walk around the woods a bit with the Walkers and see how they do.  But I would like to have a more hat friendly option.

I ordered the wrong parts from Power Custom, so they have been returned. More Power Custom trigger parts on order. Randall at PC tells me they are the correct parts this time. That will complete that SBR build 3(?) years after beginning it. Yeah, I'm almost never in a rush when it comes to "perfecting" my firearms. I still need to sight it in.

Things on order... well sorta. I'm working on 2 (or more*) efile SBR tax stamps for arm braced handguns. Trying to get fingerprinted today. It would be nice if I can get digital file prints so that I don't need to go through this every time I want an NFA item. I digitized my mug the other day so that I no longer need to get passport pix taken.

*I haven't decided yet if I'm going to buy a few more lowers and register them to save the $200 tax.

15 hours ago, MtnMike said:

Hard to find the Pro Ears Stealth 28 htbt in stock with any of the places that I normally buy from.  Was thinking about going with the Stealth 28ht (without the blue tooth). I can get those for $100 cheaper than the retail price of the 28htbt.  Appears to be the same tech for noise suppression and amplification.

Was curious as to your experience with the 28htbt in windy conditions?  I did see some reviews that indicated that could be an issue. 

The ones without the BT will work exactly the same, just without BT.  If you don't want that function then saving the $100 is a bonus.  You get can them straight from ProEars, right on their website.  They list for $79.

Wind - with the HTBTs, I do hear wind.  The more I have the amplification cranked up, helps hear everything going on, but it does amplify the wind, too.  It's not that bad to deal with.  No matter how far you crank the amplification up, it still wipes out the concussions and sonic cracks.  The amplification level doesn't affect how much the noise cancellation works for the loud stuff. 

On 1/12/2023 at 5:59 AM, MtnMike said:

How did you like these rail covers?  Been considering getting a set or two.  That floating hand guard can get mighty cold when hunting. Also wondering your thoughts were as to adequacy of coverage of one 6-pack of covers.

Magpul Type 2's are my go-to rail cover. They are simple to install or remove and the texture adds good grip without significant bulk. I prefer full coverage, so it takes multiple sets to equip a 15" handguard. 

IMG_7528.JPG

FUK! And I've been trying not to spend any dough lately. :lmao:

A 300 Win Mag Barrel conversion kit, an extra 300 Win mag magazine and an extra 338 LM mag for my MRAD. Barrett just happened to be running a 25% off sale on all their barrel conversion kits for MRAD's. Who doesn't like a $400 savings?

Edited by Rsquared

24 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

DAMN!   I didn't know the thing cost that much!

Well, I mean, C'mon. They also give you the muzzle device, a magazine and the bolt head along with it. :laffs:

The bitch of it is that they slightly tweaked the overall rifle design over the years, and made the breach a little smaller for some reason. Therefore.....enter the large breach to small breach conversion kit at a mere $450.

That capital B in Barrett stands for bank obviously.

But hey. Short of being the big daddy 50 cal, this is my top long range rifle of the collection. So we'll have to stretch her legs at the SDTF. She was only out to 1200 yards the previous time that she visited.

• 2 weeks later...