• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

Exodus Knife & Tool AdventureCraft, schit finally lined up and I was able to get one of Jacob's knives in a cart and pay for it. Pretty sure I got the last one from this batch but as fast as they sell I'm betting there will be more. Made by White River Knives of CPM S35VN Stainless so actually pretty competitive pricing when looking at comparable. 

https://www.exodusknifeandtool.com/product-page/adventurecraft-black-canvas-micarta

7d99b9_167f0e8808d44005bf2128c2b14ce89a_mv2.jpg.abbe7dd5048f55389f010e73e0de4937.jpg

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/7/2022 at 12:26 PM, BrianK said:

Nothing major. Still waiting on the Volq' carbon fiber barrel. Same delivery date at this time.

Ordered this to try on the PCC SBR that I use for Action Pistol. I dislike vert' forearms, I did try some and they just don't work for me. Right now I'm using a BCM Gunfighter short grip as a hand stop on it but I'm always open to better options as my firearms are really never settled, unlike the lefts global warming hoax. I have to sorta laugh... They quote a 1-2 week delivery, yet the order was filled next day. Since I went with USPS 1st class mail (free) now I understand why the long delivery time. It's at the post office and waiting to be sent on it way. Some areas of the country has really BS USPS service. That's OK though I'm really in no hurry since what I have works fine. The new part is just an experiment. Basically it's a place to index my hand and fingers so that I don't shoot anything off with the short barrel. 

https://arisakadefense.com/hand-stop-picatinny/

What's on it now:

https://bravocompanyusa.com/bcmgunfighter-vertical-grip-short-black/

Well, I thought I'd be waiting a very long time for USPS to get the package actually moving in the system. Order something that uses a distribution center in the LA area to know what I mean. I noticed that the package was on it's way and USPS was telling me delivery on Monday, but they build in at least a day to that prediction, so I was thinking delivery today. It's not in my hot little hands yet but it IS out for delivery. 

🙂 I expect the new hand stop to cut my times in half and increase my accuracy to ALL A zone hits! And if you believe that I have some ocean front land in Nebraska for sale. I have no idea what it'll do for me, but my mind is always open to new and better ways to get a job done. 

The crazy delivery people showed up the other day with a new Aero charging handle. I had purchased a no name brand because it was cheap. We all know what cheap gets us. The new charging handle sure seems to operate well. No range testing yet but I am confident I will be happier with this part.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

YOu have done well, brother - and beaten their system.  :hail:

I'll have it down for spring shoot, to risky to update paperwork before Fall shoot. If we can get an election in the near future the battle may swing in our favor

12 minutes ago, sketch said:

🍻🍻

You can try it when I bring it down to Custer, hoping to use it for some of the gunshoots they have.

On 10/2/2022 at 10:12 PM, Cunuckgaucho said:

So Canada has ban the sale and transfer of AR-15, Ar-10 and 308ARs by name and for now they are under house arrest

So I need a semi 5.56mm and ordered one of these...

it's a WK-180C gen2 Canadian manufactured, based on the AR-180 

New_Project50.png?c=1

It takes AR furniture and lot's of parts

Nice reach around........................er....ahh.....work around.

Good job brother.

• 3 weeks later...

Still have the Volquartsen 10/22 Charger takedown barrel on order (since May 15) it was supposed to ship 10/20 but has been pushed back to 11/11. I was expecting it. I emailed Vol' a month ago and asked if the Oct date was accurate and was told to expect it to take a few more weeks. Steel Challenge season is over so there's plenty of time to wait for it. 

In the meantime I got in 500 rounds of 9mm, that was the limit allowed otherwise I'd have ordered a few k. 

Minor stuff... I used my last 2 point sling, so put another 2 on order. I like having at least one on hand. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N75HB15/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And ordered a roll of this. I'd been using skateboard tape but saw this and wanted to try it. So far it feels good, nice and sticky, both sides, and not much thickness to change the fit. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CS3Q3Y4?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Canuckgaucho, I've heard good things about the 180 over the years. Good getting around the excrement.

Edited by BrianK

9 hours ago, BrianK said:

a roll of this.

Very interesting, I could make more things more grippy more affordably. Do me a favor, put a chunk on a small piece of metal and let it sit for a bit on a car dash or similar sun/heat soaked area, that's been the downside to the thinner stuff I run across, gets sticky, I've made a few sticky messes looking for grip.

On 10/23/2022 at 8:02 PM, dpete said:

@sketch I've got 60 clean and shiny 50 BMG cases sitting in a gallon ziploc bag.  For whatever the going price on them is they are yours if you want them

On 10/23/2022 at 9:39 PM, sketch said:

Thank you. I have a few hundred acquired at the moment 🍻🍻

Oh..........NOW you're gonna try and save a couple bucks. :lmao:

• 3 weeks later...

Ahhh, the continuing saga of the volq' carbon fiber 10/22 Charger Takedown barrel....

A quick recap. It was ordered on May 16, '22 and has been "promised" to ship on different dates, the longest period was the last promised date of  for 11/17/22. I contacted Volq' and was told that they might require a few more weeks. So the other day that date was changed by the retailer to 1/17/23. Today I got an email from the retailer telling me they have no ETA and to call them for more information, which is what I did. I was told that they have 12 on order and 6 are spoken for, I was first on the list. The restocking date listed is 11/24/22 but the gent also told me that it was just a date in the computer. Would it happen on the 24th? No way to tell until after it happens. So I continue to wait and other than cancelling the order, and that's not going to happen, waiting is all I can do.