• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

17 minutes ago, GRA said:

I was lucky enough this past fall to grab a new Armalite 20" barrel and upper receiver for my DEF-10 carbine.  I finally got that assembled this past week.  

I figured I would have enough room to leave the 20" barrel upper assembled and mounted and also put the carbine lower in there too.  Maybe a scope and red dot also if I can find the right ones that have reticles friendly to my aging eyesight and will stand up well to .308 abuse.

Sounds like you really want that knife lol

you can always buy more foam for different guns

IMG_5962.JPG

IMG_5963.JPG

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the photos.  I can probably get one of those at Harbor Freight.

One of the reasons I went with the Pelican is because replacement foam seems easy to get.  Definitely a positive option.

Don't know what kind of number that hobby knife will play on a turkey breast this year but it is another idea for sure.  :cool:

3 hours ago, GRA said:

I wanted the very best I could get.  No soft case for this weapon.  :-D 

Aww....C'mon. I routinely bounce my 10's around in soft cases. They're battle rifles for crying out loud. :laffs:

Hell. I rattled my MRAD across country in a soft case. Though it wasn't soft once I jammed that big bastard in there. :laffs: It was just a standard rifle length soft case.

33 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

Aww....C'mon. I routinely bounce my 10's around in soft cases. They're battle rifles for crying out loud. :laffs:

Hell. I rattled my MRAD across country in a soft case. Though it wasn't soft once I jammed that big bastard in there. :laffs: It was just a standard rifle length soft case.

I'm looking at storing this in an attic storage on occasion that is out of sight (and hopefully will be out of mind) and I need something a little more moisture protective.

Summers in Gulf Coast Texas last 9 months of the year with the humidity levels matching that of the temps of mid to high 90(s) and that's on a clear day.  I need something that will guard against the humidity and salty air mostly.

6 minutes ago, GRA said:

I'm looking at storing this in an attic storage on occasion that is out of sight (and hopefully will be out of mind) and I need something a little more moisture protective.

Summers in Gulf Coast Texas last 9 months of the year with the humidity levels matching that of the temps of mid to high 90(s) and that's on a clear day.  I need something that will guard against the humidity and salty air mostly.

You need a few of the Pelican 1500D packs then;

http://www.pelican.com/us/en/pro/product/miscellaneous-products/miscellaneous-products/peli-desiccant-silica-gel/1500D/

9 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

I was thinking the same. I get electric motors at work that come with big silica bags in them (size of a hand warmer) I save them and put them in my safe. Every lil bit helps

6 minutes ago, shepp said:

I was thinking the same. I get electric motors at work that come with big silica bags in them (size of a hand warmer) I save them and put them in my safe. Every lil bit helps

nice thing about the Pelican packs is they turn color when they have absorbed what they can and the metal case lets you dry them in the oven, 1 hour at 350 and they are good as new again.

45 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Thank you.  I should have about a month or two before the intense tropical misery really sets in.  I didn't know about these specifically but I had thought about a desiccant.

When we go out of town I want to be able to stash these somewhere other than a closet.

31 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

nice thing about the Pelican packs is they turn color when they have absorbed what they can and the metal case lets you dry them in the oven, 1 hour at 350 and they are good as new again.

That's cool 

I should have been more kind and showed the box. It is indeed, the Nikon P-308 30mm tube, 4x16x42. The Nikon Rep as did some others, had tables and displays set up in the front of this store today. He said, "You're going to love that view". I asked him about the delivery time problems and he stated, "It was introduced last June, sold out and took a while to get more here on the boat". He had new versions of the M in 1" tube and Prostaff series scopes, among other out of my league types there on the table.

He did give me a tee shirt! Oh, happy day. Yay!

I am more than smiling  that I purchased my own rings ahead of time and had measured them out. While they had 2 rows of rings, they didn't have suitable ones for this application. That would have been a disaster to go buy a new scope and have nothing suitable for mounting in the store.

Notice the eye relief difference, from old to new. No one will ever make the mistake and get scope eye with this.

I know I went to the right store now. They listened to my story about the old scope and were more than happy to have it assessed for me. $ 5.00 shipping fee. That's customer service.

Edited by Morgan
Additional comment

On 3/4/2017 at 3:35 PM, GRA said:

Pelican 1750 OD green case for my Armalite AR10.  Should be here this coming week.

Case came in today and although it's in good shape they shipped the wrong color. :embarrassed:   I ordered OD Green and they sent black.  Purchased this from a third-party seller via Amazon (Woodbury Outfitters in Ohio).  Never returned anything mail-order before but I don't know how much more obvious the color indication could've been on the purchase order.   It seems the procedure is to wait for the vendor to issue a return number then I have to wait at home for the shipper (FEDEX) to pick it up  "when they are in the area".  They claimed that once they show movement on the item being picked up they will ship the right case.  I don't know if I should trust these people or not ... ?  (LOL)

I guess this is what I get for buying such an item online instead of paying about 25%+ more for the same ting locally.

8 minutes ago, GRA said:

Case came in today and although it's in good shape they shipped the wrong color. :embarrassed:   I ordered OD Green and they sent black.  Purchased this from a third-party seller via Amazon (Woodbury Outfitters in Ohio).  Never returned anything mail-order before but I don't know how much more obvious the color indication could've been on the purchase order.   It seems the procedure is to wait for the vendor to issue a return number then I have to wait at home for the shipper (FEDEX) to pick it up  "when they are in the area".  They claimed that once they show movement on the item being picked up they will ship the right case.  I don't know if I should trust these people or not ... ?  (LOL)

I guess this is what I get for buying such an item online instead of paying about 25%+ more for the same ting locally.

I'd contact a local distributor and ask if they will exchange it, straight across.

Then buy a little something extra as a thanks.

1 hour ago, GRA said:

Thanks that is an idea but I've never heard of folks doing that here.  I'll see what happens when they give me the return authorization.  Maybe they will be able to schedule a pick-up here at the house.

Do you have a FedEx hub or store near you? You can drop it there

3 hours ago, shepp said:

Do you have a FedEx hub or store near you? You can drop it there

Yes but they are a pain in the ass to deal with.  Supposedly I still have to await the arrival of some sort of return number and that has not arrived yet.

They have me wait too long I'll just e-mail them back via Amazon and advise the status has changed from return to refund then I'll call Discover.  Afterwards I'll simply buy from someone else.  So far they haven't seem too worried about clearing it up, at least by the e-mail I have received from them.