• Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Rsquared said:

That's cool. Where did you finally track one down at? Just out of curiosity?

GunBroker and it was actually in Texas.

There were 2 more offered there as of last night when I made the purchase.

Search term(s) was "Armalite AR10 carry handle".

1 LaRue trigger set with grip and block.

1 set of A1 triangular handguards

4 various weights of ammo 1 box each for .308 & .223

1 of the new Nikon Blackforce 1000 scopes (I have to wait a few weeks on this one - too new)

1 A1 front/rear sight combo tool

1 .308 buttstock cleaning kit

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2017 at 8:36 PM, GRA said:

Hones for the upper receiver barrel but from Pacific Machine and Tool 

Just ordered both AR-10 and AR-15 receiver hones from PTG myself. More and more people are asking for help building rifles so what the hell, just as well do everything I can to make them accurate!

2 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Just ordered both AR-10 and AR-15 receiver hones from PTG myself. More and more people are asking for help building rifles so what the hell, just as well do everything I can to make them accurate!

Just got both mine in today.  Outstanding pieces.  Looks like something NASA would produce to blueprint space machines.  :thumbup:

I think you'll be impressed when they come in.  Thanks again for this recommendation.  I have the honing compounds on order from Brownells which should arrive Tuesday.  Now all I have to do is find the right speed on my drill press.  Might contact PTG for this.

The taps and dies we spoke of are next.  Might was well finish the toolbox, Ya know  :cool:

Currently on order: 

1- Colt tactical front sling mount (used)

1- sling from DVOR

1- front & rear sight set from DVOR

1- A1 carry handle

1- set of honing compounds from Brownells

200 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 64 grain .223 from PSA

Receiver hones and La Rue trigger came in today.  :thumbup:

Still waiting on my new Nikon :nutkick:

Just received my LaRue MBT and UTG scope (compact 4-16x44) and waiting on the MechArmor charging handle, and the RCBS die set for the .338.  Still have a month to six week wait on the barrel if the 10-12 weeks X-Caliber said was accurate.  The lower is now assembled and waiting but not very patiently.

Got my honing compounds in today from Brownells and the ammo from PSA.  Time to hone some scope mounts.

Was notified today my card had been charged by Optics Planet for the new Nikon Blackforce 1000 scope I ordered earlier in April.  Hopefully they are about to ship it out.  Now all I have to do is get the right ADM mount for that scope.

2 hours ago, EngrBob said:

Just received my LaRue MBT and UTG scope (compact 4-16x44) and waiting on the MechArmor charging handle, and the RCBS die set for the .338.  Still have a month to six week wait on the barrel if the 10-12 weeks X-Caliber said was accurate.  The lower is now assembled and waiting but not very patiently.

If you don't want to wait on the barrel any longer - .338 Fed Match barrels are in stock at Wilson Combat.

I'm just sayin'... 

On 5/2/2017 at 9:20 PM, 98Z5V said:

If you don't want to wait on the barrel any longer - .338 Fed Match barrels are in stock at Wilson Combat.

I'm just sayin'... 

Tempting, and I do have an extra large frame lower laying around, but just don't know if I will have any use for 2 .338 Federals.  The X-Caliber is an 18" 1:9 Twist 6 Groove stainless versus Wilson's 1:10 16" stainless, with the X-Caliber being a bit cheaper so I suppose I will just wait.  Now I do have an extra small frame lower just lying around.....