• Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, NTXshooter said:

16" Wilson Combat .338 Federal Recon Barrel.  Got it at 50% off.  Couldn't resist.  Be here next week

They have one HELL of an Easter Sale going on right now - I saw that in the email today, and hit the different percentages - all the barrels are in the 50% category.  $140 for a .338 Fed Wilson Combat barrel is a damn STEAL!  Make sure you buy an Armalite AR-10 Carbine gas tube, that is 12 1/16" long...   You'll need it...   :thumbup:

31 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

I'm torn up on this one. Just happen to have picked up a WC TRIM rail in 308 DPMS a few weeks back, just got an Armalite carbine gas tube, bought it for the "stash".........but only two main factory ammo choices, both Federal.....almost like my stars aligned though !?!?

.338 Fed is an EASY neck up on .308 Win brass, brother.  I'm just sayin'...  :thumbup:

13 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

I went and did it, 14.7 inch fluted .338 Federal, WC has been getting alot of my parts money lately but I really feel I'm getting my money's worth. Picked up one of those oddball Lancer magazines, 7.62x40, wondering if they won't work well for 300 BO subs.

Which one did you buy?  There are two 14.7" on sale, one midlength gas (Armalite AR-10 Carbine gas) and the other one is that weird "intermediate gas that they just started doing, with the 13.25" gas tube...

Weird one:

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Match-Grade-Barrel-338-Federal-Recon-Tactical-147-1-10-Twist-Stainless-Fluted/productinfo/TR-338RC14F-10/

"Normal" one:

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Match-Grade-Barrel-338-Federal-Recon-Tactical-147-1-10-Twist-Stainless-Fluted/productinfo/TR-338RCS14F-110/

9 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

They have one HELL of an Easter Sale going on right now - I saw that in the email today, and hit the different percentages - all the barrels are in the 50% category.  $140 for a .338 Fed Wilson Combat barrel is a damn STEAL!  Make sure you buy an Armalite AR-10 Carbine gas tube, that is 12 1/16" long...   You'll need it...   :thumbup:

Thanks for the information.  :thumbup:

8 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Which one did you buy?

Of course the weird one, the other was out of stock and I wanted to get as short and light as possible in the front end. They have the tubes about as cheap as any you see. Surprising how crazy WC's pricing is on some items while others are right in the bargain zone.

On 4/16/2019 at 10:44 PM, sketch said:

I chose my path thanks @Albroswift joebob got my $375.. i have all the goods to make it work and not feed a different cal. sorry tomass! to no avail i have 4 more lowers. The grendel will eventually happen. 😂👍 ill keep my eye out for the 4-14 primary scope and that will send me on a mission build! 

got to give a shout out to @98Z5V !

put a Armalite length buffer tube and an EA1095 spring on the AR-40 Carbine, if it works for the 308 why not the 40. 10oz buffer and a little spacer hot off the lathe, Full blow loads,20190419_163922.thumb.jpg.ddea09cc9f2d656a60569c6106db2073.jpg 1500 fps no case bulge and SMOOOOOTH....

25 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

did somebody say Hookers and Blow?!?

1173232996_hookersandblow.jpg.89a6f615f1ba3864ff24e25db5a2851b.jpg

I KNEW that would attract you directly into this thread...  :thumbup::hail::lmao:

I almost stated that when he made his post - but I figured, "Wait for it, waaaaaaait fooor it..."   :laffs:

You delivered, brother, once again, big time...   :banana: