• Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

I was looking at ADM w/ 20 MOA. What height do I need high for 50mm?

My .260 Rem observances - my LaRue LT-158 mount places the centerline of the optic 1.44" above the top of the rail, and it clears the rail on my Athlon 50mm objective with ease.   It has no MOA build into it. I can dial to 13.5 mils of drop, which is good for over 1300 yards on my load, with a 100 yard zero on it - just dialing.  That scope is supposed to have 18 mil total elevation adjustment, but I just now dialed 13.5 mils drop on it, right now, in that mount.  That's money, right there.  Every 10 moa of cant in a scope base gives you another 3.4377 mils of adjustment in available drop travel.  Don't exceed your scope's internal travel, or you'll be doing something other than a 100-yard zero for it.

Here's a story - Put a 30 moa rail on the .300 Win Mag.  I maxed the shiit out of the elevation travel, and at 100 yards, bottomed out, I can't get it to zero at 100 yards - it's 0.5 mil high, at 100 yards.  There's no "dial" left in it, it's maxed.  That 0.5 mil high has me at a 225 yard zero on the gun.  It's got 22.5 mils of drop in it now, though, - just dialing - so I'll take that. I can dial-only that motherfucker to 1875 yards - but I don't have a 100-yard zero anymore...  

Do your math on the scope first, and check it's internal travel max - and then check it/verify that when you get it - before you buy a mount for it...  

Run the math on your rig, bro.  Check your scope first.  Example - that Athlon Argos BTR 6~24x50 I have is listed as 18 mils of total elevation adjustment.  I just dialed 13.5 mils of drop on it, then dialed 7.8mils of elevation on it...   That's not 18 mils of total travel, it's 21.3 mils of total travel...   :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

@unforgiven let's start a separate thread on this thing - your build and your scope, and the scope info, so we can it out of a general thread, where it just gets polluted with what things are on order here.That's the only way we can give this some justice, brother.  :thumbup:

Make a thread with the serious details, brother...  

Well I finally found time to install the rail and low profile gas block that arrived a week ago.

PRESMA® LR .308 M-LOK SERIES SLIM FREE FLOAT HANDGUARDS, 12.5" DPMS LOW PROFILE

From justrails.com

Fits well and attaches to barrel nut with 3 bolts. The PA10 is now just a bit lighter.

20190512_003641.jpg

20190512_003650.jpg

20190512_003701.jpg

I've had a Larue MBT sitting on the bench for a while now and thought to myself the other day "I should probably have a second one just in case so I ordered another one. The day after I was poking around in the gun safe and lo and behold, I HAVE a second MBT lying in there! Oh well, have 3 MBT's lying around is a good thing!is a good thing.:laffs:

19 minutes ago, shepp said:

https://www.crkt.com/shop/survival-knives/black-woods-chogan-t-hawk-with-sheath.html

i was sitting in camp Saturday night guy next to me starts chopping wood, I think to myself I need to join the @98Z5V and @Robocop1051 hatchet gang

Hell yes, brother!   It's such a great tool, carry it everywhere - mine stays on my EDC ManBag.  Once you start using it, you'll use it for alot of things, and wonder why you didn't have one before.  For real.   :thumbup:

Welcome to the neighborhood, brother.  :hail:

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

Hell yes, brother!   It's such a great tool, carry it everywhere - mine stays on my EDC ManBag.  Once you start using it, you'll use it for alot of things, and wonder why you didn't have one before.  For real.   :thumbup:

Welcome to the neighborhood, brother.  :hail:

Now I kinda wish I woulda ordered my seat covers with the molle webbing in the backs, this is going InThe truck

Edited by shepp

I just got one of these. 

https://www.nebotools.com/p/REDLINE-BLAST-RC/594

If you remember my light from the fall shoot, this is a little brighter and rechargable.

IMG_20190604_215231.thumb.jpg.4e39e19881abe25fb9a3360baa48dd08.jpg

This is my backyard at night with the flashlight illuminating part of the yard and not the rest.

Edited by Armed Eye Doc
Shits for sketch