• Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

I found a couple pics of it, but I can't find the damn thread on it ...

I finally found the thread on it - I didn't start it, PlaneFlyer did...   :laffs:

Because PhotoBucket hates everybody, here's my pic that I extracted from them:

1744874639_MVPwithSureFire60.thumb.png.beb701667ebe5e8a5e3eaf3bad7ed0bf.png

I bought that right after Sandy Hook.  The weekend of Sandy Hook, I ordered every part to make my own BCM Jack rifle, and this was the first full rifle that I bought after that bullshiit that went crazy, in this industry...   It was insane...

12 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

It's fantastic - after that Ruger GSR, I was on the hunt for a 5.56 bolt that takes AR mags...  lo and behold, Mossberg dropped the MVP, and the first ones were in 5.56.  They didn't announce the .308s until later.  Great guns, the MVPs.  Somewhere on this board, there's a pic of my 5.56 MVP with a SureFire 60 in it.  Just because...   :laffs:

I found a couple pics of it, but I can't find the damn thread on it - you'll like it.  Here's it's little brother...

image.png

image.png

Very cool rifle, nice hybrid of old and new(er) school I think.  You've convinced me I may need more than one MVP Scout and/or one of the other .308 MVPs (the LR looks pretty cool).

It also helps that though they are inexpensive as is/at market price we have a new gun shop in town whose owner is being very competitive and making great deals.  Stopped in yesterday after work to get a price quote only and...my initial post tells the rest of the story. 

13 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I finally found the thread on it - I didn't start it, PlaneFlyer did...   :laffs:

Because PhotoBucket hates everybody, here's my pic that I extracted from them:

1744874639_MVPwithSureFire60.thumb.png.beb701667ebe5e8a5e3eaf3bad7ed0bf.png

I bought that right after Sandy Hook.  The weekend of Sandy Hook, I ordered every part to make my own BCM Jack rifle, and this was the first full rifle that I bought after that bullshiit that went crazy, in this industry...   It was insane...

Very cool...will take me a bit longer to cycle rounds in a bolt gun than w/a semi-auto too which isn't necessarily a bad thing. 

On 2/17/2019 at 10:09 AM, SpairParts said:

Thanks

99.9 percent of my hunting is under 200yds and probably 70% is 100yds or less. Last deer i got was 30ish yds

So ordered this as it should be good enough. Need to figure out a different mount though!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/T50-T67-T20-850nm-IR-LED-Night-Vision-Flashlight-Torch-Hunting-Light-Mount-18650/232927346540?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=532450829903&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I like it, thanks for sharing.

10 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

20190308_091655.thumb.jpg.d804b777d4678cdbb58b384fcd6f33de.jpg

Got my ACME bcg. It came with a cool Velcro patch. So far I am very impressing with the quality. For $108 shipped, it seems like a steal. I guess time will tell after it has had some rounds ran though it. ?

My patch was different. 

Haven’t got to use mine yet. It’s going to be reserved for a future build. The upper that I ordered comes with a headspaced bcg from Fulton armory. I’m 5 weeks in to the 8-10 week wait. 8B7132F8-21B0-4400-B9B8-8AB21F896AEC.thumb.jpeg.a09634e13a4dff4e941edc0812c7c8df.jpeg

I was actually worried after my post last night. I tried to take the bcg apart, and for the love of God I couldn't get the cam pin out. it was really late so I tried again in the morning. well it came apart finally, but it had basically no clearance at all, need a damn microscope to make sure it is turned just the right amount. lol.

50 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

I was actually worried after my post last night. I tried to take the bcg apart, and for the love of God I couldn't get the cam pin out. it was really late so I tried again in the morning. well it came apart finally, but it had basically no clearance at all, need a damn microscope to make sure it is turned just the right amount. lol.

Excellent sign that tolerances are tight! My Armalite cam pin was like that when new, a few hundred rounds and it was much easier, still tight but easier. I need to get a couple of those Acme's ordered before the price goes up.

22 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

yeah that's what I was thinking. tight tolerances are usually better, especially with a woman. ?

Now we know the wife wasn't standing behind you when you wrote that. Or we'de be hearing about a domestic dispute involving a WI state trooper being beaten senseless by his wife.  :laffs::lmao:

On 3/4/2019 at 6:32 PM, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Have you got a chance to use it yet? I'm curious to the quality/clarity & ability to hold a zero. I've been looking at this model too.

Nope. still 3ft of snow outside ?

Played with it a little at night. Just looking down the block with no street lights seems like it is going to work good though. During the day when zooming it seems like it takes about 1/2 second to refocus.

13 minutes ago, SpairParts said:

Nope. still 3ft of snow outside ?

Played with it a little at night. Just looking down the block with no street lights seems like it is going to work good though. During the day when zooming it seems like it takes about 1/2 second to refocus.

Thanks.  Sounds pretty cool! I'd like to have 1 on my Tavor SAR & 1 for my Ruger Ranch 7.62x39

building the 9mm pistol instead of the .45.. its just easier. fm products hit my radar a month ago and my bro talked me into it. 5" barrel last rnd hold open lower and 2 k rnds of cci 115 from psa.. more to come but damn the list can grow fast!