Football

seasprite

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Indeed.  The entire game, you never really knew which direction things were going to go in.

A "gift" this was certainly not.  I totally agree with SurvivalShop in that if the ball had been caught by the "right" guy, the coach would have been declared a genius for going with what the Pats didn't expect and everyone would have been raving over how they had been caught off guard and the Hawks were the masters of the universe or whatever.

That unbelievable bobbling catch however, must have tipped their "luck scale" into the wrong direction and when it comes down to it, Butler was just one very lucky kid in the right place at the wrong time for the Hawks and after fighting their way BACK from a 10 point deficit, the Pats won with an absolutely CRAZY, against the odds, out of nowhere stop.

Hindsight from recliners is a game played by people all over the world and worth little or nothing.  All that matters is what transpired and this time, the Pats walked away with it - next year, who knows. 

This was certainly a nail biter of a game and that truly is what the Superbowl is supposed to be.  Unfortunately, someone always has to lose.  It's HOW we lose that determines our character - and how we win.

Any Given Sunday.....

God Bless us all.

If he would have made that catch & it was a touchdown , it would have been called the greatest catch of the game . I'm sure the Pat's "D " was expecting a run , so probably why the SeaHawks passed . Just didn't work the way it was designed .Their luck just ran out .

That was still the greatest catch of the game...just the wrong guy.

Indeed.  The entire game, you never really knew which direction things were going to go in.

A "gift" this was certainly not.  I totally agree with SurvivalShop in that if the ball had been caught by the "right" guy, the coach would have been declared a genius for going with what the Pats didn't expect and everyone would have been raving over how they had been caught off guard and the Hawks were the masters of the universe or whatever.

That unbelievable bobbling catch however, must have tipped their "luck scale" into the wrong direction and when it comes down to it, Butler was just one very lucky kid in the right place at the wrong time for the Hawks and after fighting their way BACK from a 10 point deficit, the Pats won with an absolutely CRAZY, against the odds, out of nowhere stop.

Hindsight from recliners is a game played by people all over the world and worth little or nothing.  All that matters is what transpired and this time, the Pats walked away with it - next year, who knows. 

This was certainly a nail biter of a game and that truly is what the Superbowl is supposed to be.  Unfortunately, someone always has to lose.  It's HOW we lose that determines our character - and how we win.

Any Given Sunday.....

God Bless us all.

I whole heartedly disagree it was a gift even if the ball had been caught by the seahawks and they won it was a stoopid play to call and as it turned out it gave the game to the Pats, when all the best players and called all say it is the dumbest call in superbowl history one should listen it is not just my opinion.... not one play in that game did Lynch ever fall down backwards he always got a yard or two and he should have had 3 chances to put it in... that my friend is a GIFT! the greatest catch of the game was Kerches that was divine intervention to catch that ball. now Butler made a great play on the ball I give him all the credit and he won the game for his team but the ball should never have been anywhere near him unless it was in Lynches hands!.

P.S there is no such thing as luck you make your own luck!

Edited by Magwa

Game over.  Pats won.  The end.

PS "my friend", how can you make your own luck if there is no such thing?

You called it luck I said there is no such thing so to answer you i said you make your own luck I used the word so you would know what I was talking about i could not say you make your own blank it is your word not mine i have never relied or hoped to have what you call luck if you want something to happen get out there and make it happen... yep game over Pats win does not change the fact that the call was the worst inSuper bowl history.....

The words , luck or lucky , describe an event or out come , that you had no input in. You may have been lucky in your life & never knew it . Now , bad luck , can be pretty much described the same way . 

Example ; I was putting in the detent for the AR Pivot pin & that bastard took off into space & I don't have another ( bad luck )

WOW , I can't believe I found the little sucker , even though it made a complete trip to space & back . ( Good luck or just plain lucky )

<lmao>

You can't tell us nothing like that never happen in your life  <dontknow>  <laughs>

The words , luck or lucky , describe an event or out come , that you had no input in. You may have been lucky in your life & never knew it . Now , bad luck , can be pretty much described the same way . 

Example ; I was putting in the detent for the AR Pivot pin & that bastard took off into space & I don't have another ( bad luck )

WOW , I can't believe I found the little sucker , even though it made a complete trip to space & back . ( Good luck or just plain lucky )

<lmao>

You can't tell us nothing like that never happen in your life  <dontknow>  <laughs>

I've been unfuckingbelievably lucky in my life - I shouldn't even be typing right now...  Truth...

SS, whenever you have those "flying detent woes," don't let it raise your blood pressure - I have hundreds that I can send you.  Just let me know...  My spare parts/build stash is IMMENSE...   <lmao>

<lmao>

OK  you were attemting to install the detent you did a poor job of it because you dropped it , let it slip, or something else that caused it to fly off... bad luck????? no poor installation!!!!!

you found the little sucker... good luck???? hardly you were looking for the little sucker what other outcome were you looking for were you trying to not find it?

you see there is no such thing.... as LUCK... $hit happens! <thumbsup>