• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Another newbie from MIchigan

1500VHO

Signed up yesterday. Put together my First 308AR. Mostly Aero Precision parts... I have built several AR15's but the 308AR is a completely different animal. Larger, heavier and a lot more to learn.

Retired (2006) after 47 years of continual work. Born and raised in California, left there in 1995 with company move. Chemical Engineering 2 year degree. Then 25+ years as Mechanic and Foreman. Love working on mechanical things. To old to work on cars now, but owned many muscle cars starting with a 1967 GTO. Currently own a 2005 Chevy Silverado with 6.0L and I put a Supercharger on it a few years back for more power.

My 308AR build: Aero Precision upper and lower with Aero parts. Ballistic Advantage 20" Heavy Barrel with .750 Aero Precision Gas Block and Rifle Gas tube. Free floated 19 inch hand guard with Hogue grip. Carbine stock buffer tube with Adaptive Tactical butt stock. Rise Blitz drop in trigger 3-3.5 lb pull. Came here to improve the operation of the 308AR. Learned so much!! Thanks...

Why did I build it? Was buying parts over the past year. The new administration forced my hand. Also got busy re-loading 308 rounds. I also own a 308 Bolt rifle, 870 Shotgun, 10/22 Ruger a couple of AR's. One is a 16 inch Middy and the other a 300BLK. Several handguns... All firearms are legal and registered to me, IF the FBI, NSA or other Government agency is looking through this forum...   LOL

That's is my story...