• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Grilling

imschur

2 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Jeep burritos on INTAKE manifolds is the sheeit, when you're wheelin'.  There's no way to cook on an exhaust manifold... You'll blow it out and burn it. 

Mr. heater burritos in the duck boat at zero dark thirty when it’s 30° out are a blessing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, shepp said:

Is that like exhaust manifold burgers??

Very similar but more even heat. The good ones were wrapped in several layers of foils then covered in fresh asphalt in the corner of a paver box and left alone for the day. The bad ones were the ones that got messed with so the nasty asphalt fumes got inside, not the smoked taste you want!

23 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

We'll need a big, hot fire the night before, need to stay up late and keep stoking it with wood once it gets hot - need ALOT of red coals in the morning, when we bury this pile of meat. 

I think I'm good for that duty post. I'll keep the cooler close by, to keep me stoked as the fire gets stoked. :laffs:

On 9/4/2019 at 8:09 PM, Rsquared said:

I think I'm good for that duty post. I'll keep the cooler close by, to keep me stoked as the fire gets stoked. :laffs:

hell yeah and you got night ops to cover guard camp from no light Toyota's.. no better place to test that out?!!

On 9/2/2019 at 7:08 PM, unforgiven said:

Dillo dust

IMG_20190901_112933593.jpg

That Dillo Dust container is looking sad, brother, empty as fuk sitting there, and that's just not right. Contact me.  I have your refill.  Hang on to the container.

Last year before the Fall Shoot, I offered refills - and filled them when dudes showed up with empty-ish Dillo Dust containers.  I got 6lbs of the stuff for that.   Hehehe, MY mistake!  :laffs:   Between the refills of members that showed up, and my own grilling through the year - I fuckin' RAN OUT. I made an order to keep myself alive, through the year, just to sustain me, and I already prepped for this year's Fall Shoot.  I'm sitting on 13lbs of Dillo Dust right now, just to get ready for the FS this year, shiit you not.  Call me, I'll send you a whole pound. You deserve that, Rene...     :thumbup:

P1080261.thumb.JPG.1cf3a9f9b857be78b70d3c78328b65c8.JPG

Edited by 98Z5V

9 minutes ago, washguy said:

HOLY CRAP    the motherload of dillo dust.....I know theres a story to having this.....you might have to send it to me for proper storage :fullauto:Wash

I go through it so fast it's not even funny - plus I fill empty LaRue containers during the shoots.  Last year, these fools smoked me on refills - with SIX POUNDS!..., so I had to up my ante at the table a little, this time...   :laffs::bitchslap:

Edited by 98Z5V

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Killing me Brother!:drool: Can't get anything but a frozen rack from '98 in the frozen meat section here, if I could find one I'd wanna cook it just like that :thumbup:

Sam’s Club or Costco have good New Zealand lamb.Costco even has whole butchered lambs sometimes. Other then that look for a small butcher shop that works with local farmers. This was as good as it looked.