• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It finally arrived, 7-3-2019. Primary Arms 3-18X50 FFP with Athena BPR “meal” Reticle. Now I have to decide on a mount. I’m taking Blue109’s advice he gave Shepp a few years ago. I’m going to use spacers to determine the aprox height and eye relief I need. 

F91460CD-CFBE-461A-9907-95D559A0C73E.jpeg

02C3D410-0B47-4B46-B93B-1ADC23E31BCE.jpeg

EF3E7AE6-4C3D-4D8B-ACCB-FBC38174A814.jpeg

9426A0A1-0B2A-4721-ADDC-5383D84647F6.jpeg

O/S take down pins from JP, couple of magazines from Larue. 500 rds of 300 blk just landed from Lucky Gunner.These guys seem to be a real good place to go for factory ammo. price(s) are fair and they are very prompt with the shipping.

6 hours ago, suzukiray said:

This is what they sent me!!

20190709_172428.jpg

Here's where that bumper sticker came from, for those that don't know the back-story.

https://www.larue.com/page/robert-horrigan-dedication/

https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/army-master-sgt-robert-m-horrigan/929617

https://www.centredaily.com/opinion/article42847629.html

rhorrigan.jpg

Edited by 98Z5V

Mark LaRue showers you in gifts, when you buy from him.  It's amazing.  Paint mixers, bumper stickers, copies of the "Pocket Constitution," copies of the story of "Forty Miles a Day on Beans and Hay," more bumper stickers, LaRue Dillo Dust...  which is no more. You won't get that anymore, that was the old days.  Hats, I forgot about hats. I can't find my FDE hat, right now, and that is bumming me out - it's somewhere, I got it with an upper that I bought.  The "LaRue Accuracy Report" that isn't necessarily mailed out with your order - it just comes in the mail to regular customers...Targets...  Holiday gifts... 

P1080152.thumb.JPG.5471a5f6c47235e5b22864af17f57e8c.JPG

You shop with LaRue long enough, and they'll take care of you.  What I opened above was one box - and there are more boxes.

The prized possession was Dillo Dust, which has been discontinued.  Gone.  I can provide members with Dillo Dust, when they come out here, if they bring their empty container from LaRue - I'll refill it for you.  I thought I made that clear one time, but one member here was pretty confused about it - bring me your empty Dillo Dust container that you got from LaRue, and I'll refill it during a visit here.  That's pretty simple to understand, I think... 

Christmas presents are the best, though...  :thumbup::hail:

P1080154.thumb.JPG.2ff519eea9d3a283ffa9d55b61064ddd.JPG

P1080155.thumb.JPG.ce75952b89236f586a3f159b6660683d.JPGP1080155.thumb.JPG.ce75952b89236f586a3f159b6660683d.JPG

Taking the advice given here, @98Z5V, and bought a 22 conversion with 3 25 round mags instead of a dedicated 22 LR build. Those grandkids are breaking me with the ammo bill! Took a bit to get past the CMMG brand after all the anti memes posted here :laffs:Figure it comes from Brownells so if I don't like it it will be money back.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/bolt-parts/bolt-carrier-groups/bravo-ss-22lr-conversion-kit-w-3-25rd-magazines-sku100022952-54549-191643.aspx

^^^   That stainless one is good, besides the name of the manufacturer... :laffs:  Even the phosphated one is good - if you seriously shortcut the break in process on it.  They work, brother - you'll like it, and you'll be able to "accept" the ammo bill to run it, just a little better...  :thumbup::lmao:

After shooting for a day, take that BCG out and toss in the regular BCG, and punch about half a dozen fullpower 5.56 rounds downrange - if the .22LRs were in the process of leading up the gas port in the barrel, those 5.56 rounds will blow that stuff right out of there.

Wow, I just spent a hour looking up parts for my wife's Poulan Pro  walk behind mower.   I got a good deal, bought it almost new, The parts should get here in a couple of days ala USPS and RFD.

It got where the battery wouldn't hold a charge so I took it in the shop cleaned it up of spider webs and durt. . Found the parts I need on Amazon,  Surprised me too ordered a new battery $21, a new primer bulb and air cleaner, spark plug. After all I can't afford to get up and keep running outside and start the engine every time she let's go of the safety bar that kills the engine. I mean after all I bought her a nice self-propelled electric start 22" mower, so she wouldn't have to quit mowing before this only acre and a half gets over a beer can high.  I think she really appreciates me doing stuff for her, anyhow she has stayed with me for 54 years thru thick and thin and 4 kids all grown and have kids of their own now. I reckon I am a lucky old codger, after all.

Praise the Lord.

Well DNP, I could have deserved killing a couple of times in the 54 years, and crazy old me, I even taught her to shoot and drug her off to the NRA Whittington Ranch in Raton back in 1977 and she came out a NRA Rifle, Pistol and Shotgun Instructor.  She is deadly with her old Model 1908 Colt 32ACP.