• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Body cam of police shooting

Armed Eye Doc

That video was posted on my eye doc forum.  The guy who posted it to show why police need to shoot so many times in some situations.  There were others who said they should have not drawn weapons at the outset.  One suggested (laughably) that the police should have shot the aggressor in the leg while they were further away.  Some have Hollywood expectations of what police can do in these situations.

21 hours ago, 392heminut said:

Suicide by cop! Fukkin cowards don't have the balls to off themselves and make the cops do it for them. Problem is the aftermath the cop has to deal with after taking a human life, even if the dickhead gave the cop no choice!

Yup.

On 7/4/2019 at 4:46 PM, 98Z5V said:

That was good work.  I don't know how LEOs do it anymore - the world has gone crazy.

It’s a bitch, for sure.

On 7/4/2019 at 5:18 PM, Armed Eye Doc said:

That video was posted on my eye doc forum.  The guy who posted it to show why police need to shoot so many times in some situations.  There were others who said they should have not drawn weapons at the outset.  One suggested (laughably) that the police should have shot the aggressor in the leg while they were further away.  Some have Hollywood expectations of what police can do in these situations.

I only would’ve done two things different. 

1. Less lethal earlier. Say, as the cover officer, before we hit the main drag. My taser has 30’ of range and that’s my engagement range for lethal in this case. Shooter did good.

2. Bad approach, should’ve had less lethal available before they approached, lucky the guy can second guess that. Nice shooting on at the end. 

This shit sucks but it happens daily.

At the end, why was the officer trying to holster his weapon? Why would he want to go hand to hand? I think I hear the officer on the ground saying "He's (going or getting?) my gun!"just before the second officer shots the knife holder. I don't mean this to be critical, I just don't understand that action. I'm hoping someone who's been there can explain what they think may have been going through his mind.

No choice on that one. Had a similar one up here a couple of years ago. Then of course the mother, who didn’t raise her kid who attacked the deputies (the grand parents did) files a wrongful death lawsuit against the county. 

Edited by Sisco

1 hour ago, Magwa said:

good work from the shooting officer my only question is why didn't the officer who got grabbed shoot the suspect when he was running at him?

Think I heard the officer that shot him first say taze him, think he was going for that. But IMO after the guy attacked the first officer and got up and came after the other, he deserved a bullet not a taze. But we all have opinions, without proper training in that area I haven't a clue what I would do.

I do also think with all the video and liberal media showing these on TV, the police are putting themselves in more danger trying to be nice and not shoot some of these odiots. How hard is it to understand put the gun or knife down. or stop running. and how hard is it to understand if you point a gun at an officer you are going to get shot and should be shot. but some think they shouldn't shoot.

The suicide by police happens here all the time, matter of fact it did last night. a guy rushed one with a knife. he got shot and died. only someone wanting to die rushes someone with a gun.

Edited by Belt Fed

Unfortunately to protect and serve, you also protect and serve the crazy ones...even when they wish to harm themselves. At the end of the day it’s better you go home than him, but when possible it’s great to try and help.  Those guys did everything they could for it to not end that way. They probably waited too long to grant that guy his wish - but they didn’t want it to end like that. That guy was done and that decision was made...he was not taking any other options. 

21 hours ago, MikedaddyH said:

Why wasn't a Bean Bag LTL from a shotgun taken out of the trunk of the car by the other officer as his partner led him away from the house and past the squad car ?? Then shoot the bastard in the back with 2 rounds of LTL. !

Doubt it was even available. Only our SWAT has that option. We have tasers as our only ltl 

1 hour ago, edgecrusher said:

Sorry, didn’t see anything funny to laugh at.

Yeah neither did I, the two officers in the video should seriously go back for some remedial training.

There were way way way too many mistakes made. They had no control over the situation from what was showed,none.

I'm not going to join in a debate about how it should of, or could of been, but they are very very fortunate one of them or a cilvilian didn't get maimed or kilked.

How about the guy that may have been checking his mail minding his own business and here's 100 to 200 feet of separation between him and help.

I was in the game when I was young,things were a lot different for us, people somewhat respected us and understood it was a two way street.

I still have respect for the people that do the daily grind for next to nothing.

"How about" alot of hypotheticals, that were not present in that situation.  You can "what-if" that video to death, then "what -if" it some more.  That wasn't presented in that video.

Your comments just turned this thread in another direction, so brace yourself for it.

There's ZERO in that video that makes me think that EITHER one of those guys need any fucking "remedial training" based on what they did.  They couldn't have done that in any other way, and they gave that asshead every single chance to do something different.

57 minutes ago, Ravenworks said:

Yeah neither did I, the two officers in the video should seriously go back for some remedial training.

There were way way way too many mistakes made. They had no control over the situation from what was showed,none.

I'm not going to join in a debate about how it should of, or could of been, but they are very very fortunate one of them or a cilvilian didn't get maimed or kilked.

How about the guy that may have been checking his mail minding his own business and here's 100 to 200 feet of separation between him and help.

I was in the game when I was young,things were a lot different for us, people somewhat respected us and understood it was a two way street.

I still have respect for the people that do the daily grind for next to nothing.

Where was THIS in the video presented?  I just watched the whole thing again, and after that random car for the fuk out of there in the very beginning - THEIR BACKGROUD WAS CLEAR THE WHOLE TIME.  The  ONLY thing around was a bunch - and I mean a BUNCH - of EMS vehicles. 

You were apparently watching something else, because that wasn't in THIS vid.

Also, since you seem to think there were "way way way to many mistakes made" - then just list TWO mistakes you saw.

Also, they are  NOT "very very fortunate one of them or a cilvilian didn't get maimed of kilked" as you say - there were no civilians present, minus that car at the beginning of the contact. 

Tell me, in your opinion - what remedial training would you have them go through?... 

Edited by 98Z5V