• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Another new guy

Hi everyone. Another new guy here. Was searching for some answers to questions and found this forum. Looks like a lot of good information to be found here so I thought I'd join.

There is a lot to learn about the LR 308 platform. I have built several AR guns and am finding these are different.

Thank you for the welcomes. I am in NC. I have never owned a 308 and started thinking about adding one about six years ago. I wish I had done it then and not waited.

Times have changed a lot in six years. This gun will be for paper and deer with nearly all shots at 200 yards or less. I do have a few prospects of some boar shooting so I wanted something with enough take down power to stop a boar. (we used to kill hogs with a .22 to the head when I was much younger.) 

I am going the 80% route so that will be interesting. I am looking forward to the challenge.

On 4/14/2022 at 6:11 PM, 83107 said:

Thank you for the welcomes. I am in NC. I have never owned a 308 and started thinking about adding one about six years ago. I wish I had done it then and not waited.

Times have changed a lot in six years. This gun will be for paper and deer with nearly all shots at 200 yards or less. I do have a few prospects of some boar shooting so I wanted something with enough take down power to stop a boar. (we used to kill hogs with a .22 to the head when I was much younger.) 

I am going the 80% route so that will be interesting. I am looking forward to the challenge.

I'm also in NC if you ever want some local help. Welcome to the forum!

• 3 weeks later...