imschur

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello from the Peoples Republik of Kailfornistaan. I'm new to the forum and new to the LR-308 format. I've done all I am going to do with the AR15 format (5.56 and 300BLK) and now I am in pursuit of a .308 SASS build. I've managed to pick up a DPMS matched upper/lower pair with the charging handle, a buttstock and the LPK already installed from a private party for an insane price. Now shopping for:

>18" barrel and a muzzle device

> Rail (preferably free float)

> BCG

> Scope (Nikon or Leupold)

> Bipod

> AND of course...AMMO

And so it goes...

Suggestions and recommendations appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

stumbling though a parking lot at a 711  I found a small piece of paper with this web address on it so I look it up

My North Korean tactic of Propaganda is working then...  Leaflets from the sky...  <thumbsup>

How far did it get, to get to you?  I launch them from Arizona. 

well the truth now trying to find info why my 308 ar  buffer is beating its self up in between the face of the buffer and the back side of bolt will post some pics of it soon

Out of spec upper or lower - you'll need to list the manufacturers of your upper and lower, when you start that thread.  We've seen it before.  You'll need the Tubb CWS to fix it. It's your buffer retaining pin that's damaging the buffer face, most likely, because the bolt carrier isn't making contact with it on a closed receiver.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just starting to plan a .308 "ghost gun" build on a 80% lower.  Have built one AR, a fine 6.8 SPC.  I'm hoping to come out as well with this build, but realize this is a different animal altogether.  To soon to even know enough to ask an intelligent question, so I'll be browsing the forum and picking your collective brains.  Ran across the site stumbling around the web looking for parts, advice, information.  Gun people are seriously helpful, ain't they?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Pretty much any search I put in yahoo looking for 308 AR information "suppressed 308", "mid vs rifle gas", "DPMS vs Armalite", "308 buffer weight", "308 barrel length velocity", etc, it always finds posts from this site.  From what I've read so far I've found what seams like solid information with very polite and helpful responses, unlike some other forums where you get flamed for being a newbie or because you don't have the latest and greatest high-dollar wiz-bang gadget hanging off your rail.  Happy to finally join.