• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

How did you find 308AR.com forum?

imschur

Why you gotta go ruining our fun?

If you ask about a product, and no one here has tried it or can review it within 24 hours....you get to buy it and report back. Congratulations for finding a fun new trinket and thank you for your review....now we all know about a new product. I don't see the downside to this Rule. It's win win...and fun to catch people on!

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I never had a rifle that was so finicky of the rounds I use in it...- since , I replaced the collapsible stock it got worse... and realized it was a different length for the spring to accommodate... So I put the the original stock back on it...action is a lot harder to pull now ,,, ok good. I polished the feed ramp and the headspace...... if this doesn't work I'm sending it to DPMS...

I never had a rifle that was so finicky of the rounds I use in it...- since , I replaced the collapsible stock it got worse... and realized it was a different length for the spring to accommodate... So I put the the original stock back on it...action is a lot harder to pull now ,,, ok good. I polished the feed ramp and the headspace...... if this doesn't work I'm sending it to DPMS...

Please start a thread with specifics, and we will be able to help you, most likely way faster.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When I picked up my new Windham Hunter .308 AR I was looking for some more information on it and found here.  I've owned a real AR-10T for several years and don't know how I ever missed this place.  When I posted a couple of pictures of my  my new rifle here I was welcomed with open arms and I appreciate that.  I fired it some more this weekend with my son in law and son along with my wife, daughter and grandson I was very surprised at the 300 yard accuracy.  My son in law has a 24" Browning .308 built with a Winchester action and a Hoag overmolded stock. The Windham out shot it and grouped at what looked like about a 2" group. I didn't have the Rhino as we were all in the son in laws truck. However I'm as pleased as I can be. I was not even shooting from a bench but shooting out of a deer hunting hut window. Even my 13 year old son put three bullets touching at the 300 yard gong then a couple of flyers opened up the group but he called them. He however is not getting my Windham for a long time. While I really like my Armalite AR-10 the guys a Windham are putting some real quality into their rifles.  

When I posted some pictures of it on ar15.com I ended up getting a bunch of crap by "experts" about how my scope is mounted all wrong.  When I throw it up to my shoulder it is dead on and the eye relief is perfect.  Heck it's not like I'm a newbie I've built a bunch of AR-15s and owned my AR-10T for many years and it's a 1/2 MOA rifle.  Anyway thank you all for your support and friendship.  I don't understand the mentality of people that have to make a point in finding fault with others stuff.  If you don't like something that someone is proud of keep it to yourself unless your dealing with a problem that might be a danger to the owner.  

Since it was raining today I had some time to take a couple of pictures of the Windham Hunter.  I am posting them because of the guys at ar15.com and the pissing contest griping about the way I mounted my scope.  The bottom picture is taken with my camera where I can best estimate where my eye is and it is the sight picture I see as soon as I toss it up to my shoulder. By the way it's raining so the bottom picture is aimed at our TV.  Just so ya'll know I was not aiming at a feller with a beard. 

Windham_Hunter_w_Burris_3_12x50_scope.jp

upload image online

Burris_XTR3_12_X50_scope_picture_1.jpg

adult image sharing

Edited by ridurall

When I posted some pictures of it on ar15.com I ended up getting a bunch of crap by "experts" about how my scope is mounted all wrong.

BARFCOM and most other "Experts" can kiss my pastey white derriere.

We might ask "why?" But as along as it works for YOU, you won't be getting any of that shiit here. If you had a toilet paper roll duct taped to your barrel, and you were able to ding steel at 300 yards, so be it.

BARFCOM and most other "Experts" can kiss my pastey white derriere.

We might ask "why?" But as along as it works for YOU, you won't be getting any of that shiit here. If you had a toilet paper roll duct taped to your barrel, and you were able to ding steel at 300 yards, so be it.

Well said.

I've never understood why some people have to make sorry comments to piss on anothers parade.  Some folks just cannot allow another to take pride or joy in their new weapon.  

There is something about what Windham has done and those old guys are really putting a lot of quality and pride into their work. I really enjoy shooting my AR-10T but it's not the carry gun that the Windham Hunter is.  

• 3 weeks later...

I searched the internet for info about loads for .308's, especially in semi-auto rifles.  I have a DPMS LR .308 with a 24" stainless fluted barrel for which I also purchased an AP4 16" upper.  I installed a Chip McCormick trigger in this rifle.  The 24" barrel wears a Leopold Vari-X III 4.5 to 14 power scope with Boone and Crockett crosshair and the 16" has a Valdada 3X CQB scope.

Looks like a good place to be.  Hope it doesn't fold.

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"...Col. Townsead Whelen

Edited by .308 Lover

I searched the internet for info about loads for .308's, especially in semi-auto rifles.  I have a DPMS LR .308 with a 24" stainless fluted barrel for which I also purchased an AP4 16" upper.  I installed a Chip McCormick trigger in this rifle.  The 24" barrel wears a Leopold Vari-X III 4.5 to 14 power scope with Boone and Crockett crosshair and the 16" has a Valdada 3X CQB scope.

Looks like a good place to be.  Hope it doesn't fold.

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"... Col.Townsead Whelen