• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

How did you find 308AR.com forum?

imschur

3 hours ago, suzukiray said:

Hell Tom, let's make this INTERTAINING, well for ME, at least! You can ride my dragbike and I'll race you on your DRZ!!! In a bracket race I'll kick your as, on your own 5 second slower bike!!! Lol!!!!

Let's make it REALLY INTERTAINING, and you get your ass out in the sand.  I've built things like this for sand, Ray, and you know it - and you're skeereed...

001.thumb.jpg.2c92da407ed9a29d54089385eef851f8.jpg009.thumb.jpg.f0feac1f5c7d08bb0062bdcb84ec29b5.jpg

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not scared at all, too old for that chit anymore, takes too long to heal! Probably build something for Bonneville next. I'll let you ride the dragbike if you want though Tom. Have you deep in the 9s by the 3rd or 4th run, guaranteed. You think dirt and sand are fun, and they are, but getting kicked in the a$$ by the bike when you throw the clutch at 7800 rpm and it goes on the bars is something that you will grin about for a long time!

• 1 month later...

Ah shiitr

5 minutes ago, JF89 said:

I was on another forum discussing Hilary Clinton artwork  with a member from .308AR and they recommended I sign up here.

Ah shiit, it's on now!...   :lmao:  Phenomenal artwork, by the way - I really, really think the guys here would appreciated that...  :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I stumbled across this forum several years ago while doing a search for Armalite AR10 other reciever options.

Tons for the Bushmaster, not so much for the Armalite out there.

Decided to join in hopes of finding someone with a little more specific Armalite experience then I have in my general experience. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ravenworks said:

Josh from Criterion barrels told me about this place.

He's good people - I wish we had him around more.  :thumbup:

I think it's pretty cool that a barrel manufacturer is recommending us as a resource.  That's damn cool. For Josh - you rock, man  ...  :hail:

59 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

He's good people - I wish we had him around more.  :thumbup:

I think it's pretty cool that a barrel manufacturer is recommending us as a resource.  That's damn cool. For Josh - you rock, man  ...  :hail:

Well he was the ONLY person from ANY company that took the time to talk to me during my barrel selection process.

He even did a follow up call after the purchase, it was a nice turn key barrel/bolt operation.

I built my gun over a year ago and haven't had time to do anything with it.

I'm confident that the 20" Hybrid  1/11 will be a wise choice for intermediate ranges that I have in mind.

I'm not far from Camp Perry and they definitely have people's attention.

Edited by Ravenworks

2 minutes ago, Ravenworks said:

I'm confident that the 20" Hybrid  1/11 will be a wise choice for intermediate ranges that I have in mind.

It will work really well with 175gr projectiles.  That twist is magic for those - it's actually 1:11.25" twist.  :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All. This is my first post here. I'm a friend of Dirk (FoD?). He suggested this forum to get my questions answered and talk with a bunch of cool people.

I'm building up a couple rifles from Thunder Guns DPMS Gen 2 lowers. I'm thinking 308 for one, and 6.5 Creedmore for the other. Leaning towards a 22" Rainier SS barrel on the 6.5CM. I got some furniture on the way. Any advice on interal parts is  much appreciated. Of course they will be "featureless" since I live in the PRC (Peoples Republic of California).

49 minutes ago, RobPLSCA said:

Hello All. This is my first post here. I'm a friend of Dirk (FoD?). He suggested this forum to get my questions answered and talk with a bunch of cool people.

I'm building up a couple rifles from Thunder Guns DPMS Gen 2 lowers. I'm thinking 308 for one, and 6.5 Creedmore for the other. Leaning towards a 22" Rainier SS barrel on the 6.5CM. I got some furniture on the way. Any advice on interal parts is  much appreciated. Of course they will be "featureless" since I live in the PRC (Peoples Republic of California).

Welcome to the forum. 

You should never start with "I'm a friend of Dirk." :laffs:

Start a build thread or two with specific questions about your rifles.

1 hour ago, RobPLSCA said:

We won't hold your taste in friends against you in light of the fact that it brought you to the attention of the rest of us. Welcome to the forums, make yourself comfy!

Rob had a little bit of an impulse buy. Saw him the other night at a Christmas party and he had a whole list of "in the mail". He's shorting us on how much he just bought. There's lots of bits and pieces, but he's going to need some help spending his money. We'll get him into a build thread and see what we can squeeze outta that wallet.  There's a 308 in there, and 6.5 seems to be on the list, but there's at least one more rifle that needs some caliber inspiration....