• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

Fuking @DayWalker enabled the $hit outta me yesterday evening. :laffs:

So now I've got a Trijicon MRO on order from LA Police Gear. They're running a sweet deal right now.

Also have the QD mount for it, as well as the flip cap with anti-reflective device coming from Midway.

Gonna throw this on my 7" SBR so it finally has an optic of it's own.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

Fuking @DayWalker enabled the $hit outta me yesterday evening. :laffs:

So now I've got a Trijicon MRO on order from LA Police Gear. They're running a sweet deal right now.

Also have the QD mount for it, as well as the flip cap with anti-reflective device coming from Midway.

Gonna throw this on my 7" SBR so it finally has an optic of it's own.

Cool story, bro.

:ttiwwop:

:lmao:

Edited by 98Z5V

4 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

I like it for the price I paid for it, but honestly I like the feel of my larue mbt-2s straight trigger better. Maybe I need to just break in the geissele. 

There is no break-in on a Geissele trigger, brother.  None.  I'm just sayin'...

6 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

Good to know, guess I just have a preference 

SSA is a combined 2-stage, 2.5lbs first, another 2lbs to fire.  2.5/4.5lbs.  Same as the LaRue MBT-2S.

For something lighter than a LaRue, the SSA-E would be better suited for you.  2lb first stage, another 1.5lbs to break.  2.0/3.5lbs. 

For different trigger bows, G has other triggers that match those pull weights, from curved, to flat, to a flattened curve trigger, in both pull weights. 

39 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

SSA is a combined 2-stage, 2.5lbs first, another 2lbs to fire.  2.5/4.5lbs.  Same as the LaRue MBT-2S.

For something lighter than a LaRue, the SSA-E would be better suited for you.  2lb first stage, another 1.5lbs to break.  2.0/3.5lbs. 

For different trigger bows, G has other triggers that match those pull weights, from curved, to flat, to a flattened curve trigger, in both pull weights. 

The take up for my SSA-E on the second stage is not as smooth as my LaRue, that’s the biggest thing that stood out to me, otherwise the weight did feel so similar in both stages between the two and I couldn’t tell the difference.

11 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

Bought a Geissele SSA trigger off a good friend for $100.

14 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

The take up for my SSA-E on the second stage is not as smooth as my LaRue, that’s the biggest thing that stood out to me, otherwise the weight did feel so similar in both stages between the two and I couldn’t tell the difference.

Let's get our stories straight here, brother - because there's a very distinct difference between the SSA and the SSA-E.  I have them both, and I know this.

You've stated both triggers now - that you say you have, when you initially noted that you had the SSA.  I stated the pull weights.  The SSA-E is a different animal, altogether.  Post a pic of your trigger, because it's laser engraved, what exactly it is.  Down to the serial number.  Speciflically states exactly what trigger it is, too, in the laser engraving.

The SSA-E beats the LaRue MBT-2S, hands down, every time.  I have alot of trigger time on all these triggers, and I can tell you that, right now.  The SSA-E doesn't beat the absolute shiit out of the LaRue, when you're comparing dollars, though, and I'll take a LaRue, with the pound-heavier in both pull weights, over the SSA-E, for another $100+ or more on the Geissele SSA-E, even on a sale from them...

But there's no way you're gonna tell me that the SSA-E is a worse trigger than the LaRue MBT-2S.  I have too much time on both of them to listen to that garbage. 

Now that all the Geissele Match triggers ship with all the springs (Match, DMR, Service), I've combined springs on the Match trigger to give me my perfect setup - and I've set that up on the last rifle I built for @Matt.Cross - on his 6.5 Grendel build Mk12 build.  Combination of the Match and DMR springs, on that Match trigger setup.

The SSA-E blows the LaRue MBT-2S away, just in pull weight, and what you can do with a 2-stage trigger.

You have conflicting stories on what trigger you have - so just take a pic of the trigger you have, and post it already.  I already know how all these triggers perform, from much trigger time on them. 

The Geissele G2S is the only one that Bill Geissele makes that doesn't have a specific serial number - or any laser engraving on it - so it you have that one, then just say it now.  Otherwise, it has a model, and a specific serial number, engraved right into it. This, I know, for fact. 

G2S:

Geissele 2 Stage (G2S) Trigger

G SSA-E:

Super Semi-Automatic Enhanced (SSA-E) Trigger

G SSA:

main product photo

G National Match:

main product photo

Tom before you get your panties in a bunch and make a big long speech, you could have just asked that if I meant SSA instead of SSA-E. 

yes I misspoke and what I originally posted was correct. I have the SSA, which specs are almost identical to the LaRue.

sorry for the confusion it was a long night working and I think I grabbed the first acronym my eyes could focus on from your comment, which was apparently the “SSA-E.” Admittedly it was the wrong one, not trying to mislead anyone here. 

3 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

Tom before you get your panties in a bunch and make a big long speech, you could have just asked that if I meant SSA instead of SSA-E. 

yes I misspoke and what I originally posted was correct. I have the SSA, which specs are almost identical to the LaRue.

sorry for the confusion it was a long night working and I think I grabbed the first acronym my eyes could focus on from your comment, which was apparently the “SSA-E.” Admittedly it was the wrong one, not trying to mislead anyone here. 

My panties aren't in a bunch - but your panties must have been.  You stated that you had both triggers, but you're confused - I quoted you, Eric.  You said both. 

OF COURSE your SSA is gonna feel the same as your LaRue MBT-2S.  Identical pull weights.  From good companies, both of them.  However, you went on...   :soap:

And, I'm not gonna let that fly, when you start talking about G triggers.  Not even.  Especially, when you say your SSA-E (that you said you have) is worse than your LaRue...

I know better.  Don't make me quote a meme right now...   :popcorn::lmao:

1 hour ago, ARTrooper said:

'Nuff Said.  And you said it.  Not me. Just reminding you, of what you said.  Just in case you forgot.   :thumbup:

14 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

Tom before you get your panties in a bunch and make a big long speech,

In case you don't understand, here - this isn't for me.  This is about everybody else that's reading what you posted - and setting them straight, in the long run.  This is about information, and making sure accurate information is out there, and making ABSOLUTELY SURE that people don't believe that your SSA-E sucks worse than a LaRue MBT-2S trigger - which is DEFINITELY not the case, here.  The SSA-E blows the MBT-2S out of the water...

But, not for the money, and not for the additional benefit of the SSA-E - unless you can really, REALLY maximize the benefits of that lighter trigger pull, and the added expense of that SSA-E over the MBT-2S.

I can.  I know the differences.  I can make them perform.  That's why I have a fuk-ton of MBT-2S triggers.  That's also why I have a few Geissele National Match triggers, in certain guns, and why I have the G SSA and SSA-E, and my favorite trig in the HD gun - The G Super 3 Gun, in that one.  Baddest single stage trigger I've ever fired. 

11 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Preach to me on this subject Brother, always searching for undiscovered improvements. Why single stage on HD guns? 

That specific trigger, the Geissele S3G, is a 3.0 lb trigger pull weight, super short (smooth) pull, clean take up, and a very, very short reset.  It's capable of some insense speed-shooting, very accurately.  The amount of speed it's capable of would blow you away.  I can run that thing doing doubles at 15 yards, keep the pairs right next to each other, and get both shots fired from a low ready (on safe with a 45* safety) in 1.12 seconds.   It's found it's way into my pinned 14.5" gun that I keep by the bed - and it's staying there.  :thumbup:

https://geissele.com/super-3-gun-s3g-trigger.html

Super 3 Gun (S3G) Trigger image

Another point on the G triggers.  All the G triggers have a "G" in the trigger bow, except for the National Match triggers, which have a "GA" (Geissele Automatics) in the trigger bow.  You can tell if a dude is running a National Match trigger, right away, by looking for that tidbit of info...  :thumbup::laffs:

On 1/5/2022 at 11:14 PM, 98Z5V said:

Based on what you've said, I'm about to go off on Race-Gun parts, and why they DO NOT BELONG in real .308AR guns.

I can't believe that WC is using some JP bullshiit in their guns, that they ship to regular customers - that just want guns that RUN.  Fucking unreal.

Low mass BCGs belong in fucking Race-Guns - that you make money with, in your competition tour, and win matches with, with your matched load, for your Power Factor, in order to win your category that weekend - and keep your lifestyle up.  Winning matches and making money at.

Lightweight BCGs DO NOT BELONG in real guns, that you shoot everyday, with a variance of ammo.  Bullshiit recoil systems don't belong in them, either.  But, that's another day...

Fuk, this is rubbish.  I can't believe that they're doing this.  It's fucking bullshiit.  I'm astounded, that they're so fucked up on this.  And I just ordered another barrel from them last week.  Bet your ass I check the gas port size (and fix it if necessary), and check the gas tube length needed.  I'm waiting for the barrel to come on before I order the Armalite AR-10 gas tube for it - that I know that it'll need... 

Yep, this was a 308 Tactical Hunter profile factory rifle,, Kent said they have had issues with them,, when I installed the KAK bolt in the JP low mass carrier, it was definitely sloppy,,, so KAK BCG all the way and Gorgeous, I cannot stress how beautiful this Bolt Carrier is, finished beautifully, but hasn't wanted to eject right from the beginning,, so back to the factory with the JP low mass.. gun runs beauifully and I have  cut the gas way back in an attempt to go easy on the brass?? that JP was very gas inefficient, why I ended up with a .0995 gas port... anyway, Sprinco Orange Spring and KAK 5.3 oz short heavy buffer... runs the bomb now...

I called Wilson Combat this week, on what would have been day 21, and told Ange that billet small frame was there, (they couldn't find it),, it is crazy there right now, told her I had the tracking number and she pulled a billet set and sent it to paint, ASAP, with lots of apologies, so that should be at my FFL's in a week or so?? I ordered an 18" fluted, crowned barrel,,, but when it came in, it was a medium heavy, and it is HEAVY.. so I was looking for something lighter,, I may return that.. if I keep it, I will have to find an .875 gas block...?? they have a threaded 18" fluted 5.56 barrel at about 27 ozs.. so we will see.. also their new bullet proof 5.56 BCG had one of the two gas key fasterners all boogered up?? I mean it is ugly boogered.. so I don't know.. I could return them both and buy somebody elses barrel and bcg,, I really do want a crowned barrel?? sorry to be so long in responding,, I did go to Indianapolis over the weekend and look at a very nice 73 Type LT Z-28,, its all original panels, no rust and numbers matching,, so a hell of a lot of money,, but a nice bucket list car,, I'm in the midst of serious dithering here, LOL.