• Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

I'd think he'd be out on work release with Christmas right around the corner. Unless he shived someone 

You're still avoiding why you have so many cold HARD cucumbers in your fridge.  I'm just sayin'...    :popcorn:

:lmao:

4 hours ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

Seems I have a Rhineland .45ACP kit on it's way so now need to find a donner Lee Enfield 

Rhineland is the name of the town where my dad was born and both parents, as well as many other ancestors, are buried.  I am now looking for something to buy to honor them.  Thank you for making me aware of this company. :hail:

6 hours ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

Seems I have a Rhineland .45ACP kit on it's way so now need to find a donner Lee Enfield 

HOLY.  FUCKING. SHIIT.   I never knew these things existed.  You're building a fucking DeLisle Carbine.  :hail:

This is my Dream Gun.  Nothing will ever top the DeLisle Carbine.  🥰😍:drool:

7 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

Rhineland is the name of the town where my dad was born and both parents, as well as many other ancestors, are buried.  I am now looking for something to buy to honor them.  Thank you for making me aware of this company. :hail:

FYI the company is located in Spring, TX 77379-7141 maybe they have a connection to the same Rhineland as your family?

They do several 45ACP conversions including the Mauser.

5 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

HOLY.  FUCKING. SHIIT.   I never knew these things existed.  You're building a fucking DeLisle Carbine.  :hail:

Why yes I am :banana:

Unfortunately mine will sport a fake can. Finding a donner sporterized Lee-Enfield will be a bit more challenging as I don't  want to chop up a good rifle. I have a friend on the east coast looking as a lot of post WW2 rifles ended up there and converted into hunting rifles.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2021 at 2:06 PM, 98Z5V said:

Found a donner gun back east so this is happening :banana:

x9YZAVu.jpg

In the spirit of this fourm I bought this one because buying two saved money and free shipping :thumbup:

PO5DI62.jpg

Sadley it appears @Lonewolf McQuade has had a busy shopping spree 'cause when I tried @Belt Fed's card but got refused.

On 12/27/2021 at 1:09 AM, Cunuckgaucho said:

x9YZAVu.jpg

In the spirit of this fourm I bought this one because buying two saved money and free shipping :thumbup:

PO5DI62.jpg

Sadley it appears @Lonewolf McQuade has had a busy shopping spree 'cause when I tried @Belt Fed's card but got refused.

Great finds @Cunuckgaucho !!

You must have entered his credit card # wrong.  It worked just fine an hour ago when I ordered another Pelican case🤣

9 hours ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

x9YZAVu.jpg

PO5DI62.jpg

That is so cool brother :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2021 at 9:34 AM, billymagg said:

I'm gonna try it with that full mass BCG,, but that damn chrome looking Bolt Carrier with that kool little tail is just sexy,, I'm sorry, I like the way that looks.. but,,, I will throw that ugly phosphate job in there,, and I will put the new bolt in that low mass carrier,, we gonna see what works and what don't??? I have an invitation to try it out and make it work,, or send "Little Miss Wilson" home to Momma for some love?? you can't beat that.. I'm just  happy to have that full mass BCG coming, really... and I'm learning that extractors are wear parts... I didn't think them damn things were cast, I assumed it was forged,,, but I don't think it is,, I've been trying to figure out how to post pictures, I'm just spoiled from having the twins around to do that for me all these years, but now they are all married off, and have husbands and babies.... I am missing my big rifle, I have a "Vortex Strike Eagle", Geiselle 34 mm cantilever mount, and went bust putting a Geiselle SSA-E in that chick.. the Geiselle feels awesome, but I was putting my groups to the right before that extractor let go.... huuummmm??

I'm surprised how nice that Chinese scope is?? it aint bad for 600 bucks..

So Wilson sent me a KAK full mass BCG's marked "Wilson Combat". I shot that first and it works good,, later I threw the new KAK bolt in the JP Enterprises low mass BCG marked "Wilson Combat", it was clear the JP bolt carrier had a very inefficient bolt/gas ring bore, back with the full mass KAK carrier, no its not nearly as nicely finished on the outside as the JP low mass BCG but.. Sprinco Orange and KAK 5.3 oz Buffer.. I cut the gas way back, hoping to minimize the damage to my once fired brass.. anyway, my rifle is back in business, I offered to buy the used bolt body from Wilson, but they reminded me those are 300 Bolt Carriers?? no you guys can keep it, I was surprised by the slop in the bolt raceway...

so good for Wilson Combat on my rifle repair,, but

but, I asked my FFL to check the fit on the "Matched Bill et upper and lower",, he said well, I don't know, but I'm a little concerned... took a couple of Wilson Combat pivot/take down pin sets, and it was looser than a goose.. I told my FFL to send it back,  its been back at Wilson Combat since 12/13/21, and not a word out of them. yes I did call and Jason told me 10 to 14 business days on returns. Today was business day 18,,, yeah, I was disappointed, but as the days rack up?? 

8 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Those Boys take holidays and family serious, you know they are gonna fix you up. :thumbup:

Yep, Berryville, AR is a very small town with small town values.

22 minutes ago, billymagg said:

Today was business day 18,,, yeah, I was disappointed, but as the days rack up??

One of those days was Christmas Eve and another was New Year's Eve.  With the holidays being on Saturday, they may have taken the Monday off instead.  I can understand your frustrations, but I'd give them a little leeway for the holidays.

1 hour ago, billymagg said:

So Wilson sent me a KAK full mass BCG's marked "Wilson Combat". I shot that first and it works good,, later I threw the new KAK bolt in the JP Enterprises low mass BCG marked "Wilson Combat", it was clear the JP bolt carrier had a very inefficient bolt/gas ring bore, back with the full mass KAK carrier, no its not nearly as nicely finished on the outside as the JP low mass BCG but.. Sprinco Orange and KAK 5.3 oz Buffer.. I cut the gas way back, hoping to minimize the damage to my once fired brass.. anyway, my rifle is back in business, I offered to buy the used bolt body from Wilson, but they reminded me those are 300 Bolt Carriers?? no you guys can keep it, I was surprised by the slop in the bolt raceway...

so good for Wilson Combat on my rifle repair,, but

but, I asked my FFL to check the fit on the "Matched Bill et upper and lower",, he said well, I don't know, but I'm a little concerned... took a couple of Wilson Combat pivot/take down pin sets, and it was looser than a goose.. I told my FFL to send it back,  its been back at Wilson Combat since 12/13/21, and not a word out of them. yes I did call and Jason told me 10 to 14 business days on returns. Today was business day 18,,, yeah, I was disappointed, but as the days rack up?? 

Wait, let me get this right - this is WILSON COMBAT doing this?... 

Based on what you've said, I'm about to go off on Race-Gun parts, and why they DO NOT BELONG in real .308AR guns.

I can't believe that WC is using some JP bullshiit in their guns, that they ship to regular customers - that just want guns that RUN.  Fucking unreal.

Low mass BCGs belong in fucking Race-Guns - that you make money with, in your competition tour, and win matches with, with your matched load, for your Power Factor, in order to win your category that weekend - and keep your lifestyle up.  Winning matches and making money at.

Lightweight BCGs DO NOT BELONG in real guns, that you shoot everyday, with a variance of ammo.  Bullshiit recoil systems don't belong in them, either.  But, that's another day...

Fuk, this is rubbish.  I can't believe that they're doing this.  It's fucking bullshiit.  I'm astounded, that they're so fucked up on this.  And I just ordered another barrel from them last week.  Bet your ass I check the gas port size (and fix it if necessary), and check the gas tube length needed.  I'm waiting for the barrel to come on before I order the Armalite AR-10 gas tube for it - that I know that it'll need...