• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

18 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I'm out of LaRue triggers, or I'd send you one.  I still need to send out @shooterrex's trigger, @blue109 bought one at the Spring Shoot that I haven't sent yet, and I have one remaining for Kimmy's .260 Rem gun. 

I felt bad....I laid claim to one of those 6 months ago and never paid you for it lol. I'll come grab it when I need it my man. I'll wait till they ban the FRT triggers and sell mine for $1K

I'm actually tearing my little A1 carbine apart right now. I bought a flattop upper for it and I'm trading it for a bunch of go-fast goodies for the GTI. too many damn hobbies. 

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Rsquared said:

Nothing special. Got a set of Yankee Hill BUIS sights coming for the latest SASS build. Should be here shortly after the glass. Then....the whole rifle is off to Arizona for paint (at a brother's leisure that is) .

It'll end up Sexy AF, brother.  You might pee yourself once you touch it again...   :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Got 1 lower (plus 1 that I already have, haven't done any machining on it yet), and 2 CMMG LPK's (yes, I already have several extended mag release buttons for these LPK's) on the way from Commiefornia, shipping today. No uppers yet. Having a hard time finding just what I want (16" version, DPMS pattern) at a price point I can afford. I shall endeavor to persevere! If I can't find 1 to suit me, I'll go with a stripped upper and proceed from there. Kinda leaning thataway anyhooo, just 'cause. Dammit man - always with the decisions!🙃

Y'all take care,
Mike.

Let's see. A Grendel BCG arrived yesterday, Wilson combat just released 6mm ARC barrels this week. The overtime/holiday pay I just worked tonight will pay for a barrel. The new chronograph to replace to broken one arrived today.

Better quit spending money for a few days.

Not currently on order, but in testing.

I ran across a new technique for shooting certain specific handguns by rising the red dot and cheeking it as seen in the video below. Specifically in my case a Keltec CP33. I was dubious at first, but I had parts to get it done and it's a stable shooting platform done that way. 

To get it done I had to remove the arm brace and that also got rid of my field expedient (but long term) method of slinging the handgun. But one of the videos (below) that I watched had a solution. The CP33 has these tiny things on each side at the back. What are they for? I haven't a clue! But there is a company making camera slings and the attachment "cables" work fine and the sling is of high quality. It came in, has been installed, and it works fine.

Previously I would sling the handgun with it's arm brace and not even know that it was there. This is even lighter.

FWIW, there are lots of videos about the technique on youtube. I need to practice live fire, but in dry fire it sure does seem to work. 

Cheek shooting technique, yes it's definitely weird, without a red dot it couldn't work for me or maybe anyone else:

The sling, yeah, it's different too and not intended for firearms but works for the CP33:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0781QV3H4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I know that soft serve joey has ATF on doing something evil with arm braces and I figured I had the option of SBRing the handgun but ATF has enough of my $. This technique keeps the handgun a handgun, no SBR tax needed.

Edited by BrianK

6 hours ago, sketch said:

Not gonna dance around it .. I owe @blue109 a pd hug this fall. 💙  Ill get pics up of the build when all the parts show up. Been a year of looking, and a brother hooked me up with the buffer and spring. 

❤️ I still owe you one as well. Not sure if we should take turns, or do them at the same time? Would that be weird?

Edited by blue109

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2021 at 10:09 PM, Cunuckgaucho said:

Found a donner gun back east so this is happening :banana:

x9YZAVu.jpg

In the spirit of this fourm I bought this one because buying two saved money and free shipping :thumbup:

PO5DI62.jpg

On 12/27/2021 at 8:42 AM, DNP said:

Two is always better than one. Well, almost always. Nice buy. I can’t wait to watch that build go together. 

So progress is slow, turns out I can't cut up the donner gun, other than the wood being cut up and sight guard missing, it's all origional and the barrel is untouched( most sporterized have the barrel cut down). So now looking for NOS stock set to restore the donner gun.

Good news is I did finf a stripped reciever and bolt which is a plus as removing Enfield barrels is not fun.

20220510_211200.thumb.jpg.5ef1bd0bb37c60c106d0931758e25195.jpg

Needs a good cleaning and I'm leaning towards creakote rather than blueing. Also thinking of two stock sets 1- wood and copy of origional ( sadly with fake can) and a moderen version( collapsible stock, pistol grip and modern handguard)

On 5/11/2022 at 12:49 AM, Cunuckgaucho said:

So progress is slow, turns out I can't cut up the donner gun, other than the wood being cut up and sight guard missing, it's all origional and the barrel is untouched( most sporterized have the barrel cut down). So now looking for NOS stock set to restore the donner gun.

Good news is I did finf a stripped reciever and bolt which is a plus as removing Enfield barrels is not fun.

20220510_211200.thumb.jpg.5ef1bd0bb37c60c106d0931758e25195.jpg

Needs a good cleaning and I'm leaning towards creakote rather than blueing. Also thinking of two stock sets 1- wood and copy of origional ( sadly with fake can) and a moderen version( collapsible stock, pistol grip and modern handguard)

Looks like a great project. I've grown very fond of my #1 MKIII!