• Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/11/2022 at 9:28 PM, Belt Fed said:

Goldfish, hunting season is over, i didn't get to ga anyway, but i will be able to fish. the wife can go with me to keep an eye on her. can't wait.

It'll be a great time! I used to love going fishing, mostly large mouth.  No one here to go with anymore so I havent gotten out to the water since 2011ish. Damn, time flies by so fast.......

On 2/11/2022 at 9:38 PM, Belt Fed said:

got up to near 70 today, melted all the ice from the sleet storm we had a few days back, but turning cold again tomorrow. kinda got the spring fever.

Yeah, I'm gettin cabin fever too, fuk winter. 70 degrees sounds nice! We made 54° today,  but had 55mph winds too😕. Weekend turning back to winter 😣

21 hours ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

I like that!!

Wore it today for the first time. Very comfortable but I’m not a fan of the cheap metal belt clips. I have two other attachment options with it I can swap out. Betting the polymer type ones will be better. Their holster quality has improved since I first bought a CB many years back.

31 minutes ago, jrtmasp said:

Zev Pro Plus Magwell and Timney Alpha trigger en route. Better deals from the manufacturers which was surprising.  Glock Gen 5 17MOS will be ordered Monday and then I better slow it down. 

Went by GunPusher John's shop today, like a normal Saturday, and helped him close down on time.  He closes at 3pm.  At 2:45, I remembered to show him the 19X with this trigger, and wouldn't tell him what it was.  He liked it, alot.  When I told him what it was, he says, "Shiit, I have a customer that brought me one to put in his G34!..." 

Gimme that thing, brother, I'll put it in right now, before you close.  I had that sucker in there in 15 minutes.   :thumbup:

You're gonna love that trigger, brother.

8 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

You're gonna love that trigger, brother.

:banana:Can’t wait. Sold my Gen 4 17 today which I wasn’t expecting to go so quick. 

So far it will be the 17MOS with those parts and a Trijicon SRO. My understanding from Battlewerx is it will need suppressor height irons with that optic. Not a fan of doing that but sounds like it’s needed. More research needed.  Prob going to go blackout Ameriglos but I’ll look around. 

Just now, jrtmasp said:

:banana:Can’t wait. Sold my Gen 4 17 today which I wasn’t expecting to go so quick. 

So far it will be the 17MOS with those parts and a Trijicon SRO. My understanding from Battlewerx is it will need suppressor height irons with that optic. Not a fan of doing that but sounds like it’s needed. More research needed.  Prob going to go blackout Ameriglos but I’ll look around. 

I went Dawson Precision suppressor-height sights on my 17, and they're perfect for the optic.  I'm running the Holosun, which is the same height as your SRO.  Little more money than the others, but they're perfect on that gun. 

• 2 weeks later...

Karma. Serves me right.  One of my plans with my last setup was that it be 100% made in the USA.  So of course, the only thing f@cking up on the whole rig is the one thing that isn't made in America - the damn Butler Creek slip on scope lens covers just keep popping open.  Actually tried 2 different versions, the regular and the clear "blizzard" - both are  just garbage.  Came to a head yesterday when I was giving it a thorough break down and cleaning - don't need a bunch of soot on my scope lenses.  So I bit the bullet and bought the proper Leupold screw in, magnet latching lens covers for my scope.  Can't believe I'm paying this much for a f@cking set of lens covers.  But this should bring Shelly into 100% made in the USA compliance.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/leupold-alumina-flip-back-objective-and-eyepiece-lens-cover-sets.html

Screenshot 2022-03-02 at 06-48-17 Leupold Alumina Flip Back Lens Cover Kit - 50mm Standard EP 62995 — Objective Lens Diamet[...].png

On 3/2/2022 at 6:51 AM, MtnMike said:

Karma. Serves me right.  One of my plans with my last setup was that it be 100% made in the USA.  So of course, the only thing f@cking up on the whole rig is the one thing that isn't made in America - the damn Butler Creek slip on scope lens covers just keep popping open.  Actually tried 2 different versions, the regular and the clear "blizzard" - both are  just garbage.  Came to a head yesterday when I was giving it a thorough break down and cleaning - don't need a bunch of soot on my scope lenses.  So I bit the bullet and bought the proper Leupold screw in, magnet latching lens covers for my scope.  Can't believe I'm paying this much for a f@cking set of lens covers.  But this should bring Shelly into 100% made in the USA compliance.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/leupold-alumina-flip-back-objective-and-eyepiece-lens-cover-sets.html

Screenshot 2022-03-02 at 06-48-17 Leupold Alumina Flip Back Lens Cover Kit - 50mm Standard EP 62995 — Objective Lens Diamet[...].png

Lol, they are nice! I bought a set about 15 years back for mine. It was the only option  available for the curved 56mm objective on the scope.  I believe I paid $100 for the set back then.

ordered a box of Hornady 178 gr. 30 cal. ELD-X bullets from Gunbroker.com just now.  Local shops said they could not get them. I also bought a pound of Varget from a local dealer.  It was $60.56 with tax.  There goes my reloading budget for the year.  

Edited by Steve crawford

On 3/2/2022 at 7:07 PM, Steve crawford said:

ordered a box of Hornady 178 gr. 30 cal. ELD-X bullets from Gunbroker.com just now.  Local shops said they could not get them. I also bought a pound of Varget from a local dealer.  It was $60.56 with tax.  There goes my reloading budget for the year.  

I'm surprised you actually found some Varget locally.  Damn steep $ though😲

They don't keep it out on the shelf.  It's in the back room and you have to ask for it.  Some people they say yes to and others they say SORRY we are out.  Been trading there through 2 different owners so I guess I have access to the good stuff.  I bought a 8# bottle of powder from the backroom last year that I will never use all of it in my lifetime.  It will go to my grandsons I guess.  My reloading supplies may ne worth more than my IRAs when I pass.   😊😊😊

Steve

On 3/2/2022 at 7:25 PM, Steve crawford said:

My reloading supplies may ne worth more than my IRAs when I pass.   😊😊😊

I'm sure! Lol

Always tell my kids that their inheritance will be my investments in precious metals. One of them will probably be pissed when they find out it' brass, copper & lead- NOT gold, silver nor platinum 😂🤣

3 hours ago, Steve crawford said:

Baddest .308 projectile on the market, I swear by it.  Best BCs by far, and it flies really, really well.  As soon as that thing came out, I switched up all my .308 Win loads, and dumped by beloved Hornady 175gr HPBT projectile forever, that I'd used for about 10 years.  I've never looked back, and glad I made the move, even after all the load development that I had to do for the new projectile - completely worth it.   :thumbup:

1 hour ago, sagebrush said:

shilen barrel inbound for 6 arc ordered three years ago

6 ARC was publicly announced on 3 June 2020.  You might want to check your math on that order date...  I'm just sayin'...  I had parts on order that day (BA Barrel and another Grendel BCG), and had one completed by August, for it's first firing, and I was one of the first ones firing one, that wasn't a gun-mag-sponsored rig, for reviews...