• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

8 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Baddest .308 projectile on the market, I swear by it.  Best BCs by far, and it flies really, really well.  As soon as that thing came out, I switched up all my .308 Win loads, and dumped by beloved Hornady 175gr HPBT projectile forever, that I'd used for about 10 years.  I've never looked back, and glad I made the move, even after all the load development that I had to do for the new projectile - completely worth it.   :thumbup:

6 ARC was publicly announced on 3 June 2020.  You might want to check your math on that order date...  I'm just sayin'...  I had parts on order that day (BA Barrel and another Grendel BCG), and had one completed by August, for it's first firing, and I was one of the first ones firing one, that wasn't a gun-mag-sponsored rig, for reviews...  

when it gets here the invoice will show how bad my memory is

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

when it gets here the invoice will show how bad my memory is

Not a big deal, man, in the least.  But Shilen didn't even know what 6 ARC was 3 years ago - they'd never heard of it, and neither did anyone else, that wasn't active in SOF.  SOF derived this cartridge, and made it happen.  The announcement on 3 Jun 20 was an accident - someone let it slip...   :laffs:

Brief follow-up on the Leupold scope covers.  Pros - very nice quality.  Perfect fit.  Magnets keep the lids closed unless you want them open. Cons - expensive. Also, while Leupold scopes and mounts are made in USA.  This lens cover is made in Malaysia.

Scope lens.jpg

On 3/5/2022 at 8:56 PM, shooterrex said:

"Panzer Arms BP12 Gen2 Semi-Auto 12 GA Bullpup Shotgun, Black - BP12BSSB | Palmetto State Armory" https://palmettostatearmory.com/panzer-arms-bp-12-3-gen-2-bullpup-12-gauge-shotgun-black-bp12bssb.html

$200.00 less than the one I had in layaway at Rural King.

Nice! They had some good prices on shottys lately

On 3/5/2022 at 7:56 PM, shooterrex said:

"Panzer Arms BP12 Gen2 Semi-Auto 12 GA Bullpup Shotgun, Black - BP12BSSB | Palmetto State Armory" https://palmettostatearmory.com/panzer-arms-bp-12-3-gen-2-bullpup-12-gauge-shotgun-black-bp12bssb.html

$200.00 less than the one I had in layaway at Rural King.

Sounds like fun,, I've been hankering for a Winchester Model 1897, some one had a replica riot gun on an original and it was very well done,,, don't ask me why... my Model 12 Featherweight keeps locking up on me when you rack the bolt all the way back, it locks up and will NOT return to battery,,, put it back in the gunsafe, lean it up against a tree,, and odds are if you grab the forgrip and pick it up, that sombiotch will slide right back into battery,, a couple of model 12 guru's camped out with it for 6 months,, couldn't find a single thing wrong with it, brought it home all dissapointed and sure as chit went back to intermittent but frequent locking out of battery..

OD Green Magpul UBR Gen2 with OD Green MOE+ for "little Miss Wilson",, yeah, she's spoiled,, but she is running the bomb with that full mass KAK BCG and Geiselle Automatics 2 stage Enhanced,, wow.. and my old Rock River with the nasty 2 stage National Match trigger, now runs like hot butter with a JP light spring kit,,, its damn close the Geiselle, I don't believe it either, and it may be my imagination,, but I put together a couple of decent 3 shot groups today with a cheap az chi com scope,, yeah, I know, I'm ashamed, but its glass...

35 minutes ago, billymagg said:

Sounds like fun,, I've been hankering for a Winchester Model 1897, some one had a replica riot gun on an original and it was very well done,,, don't ask me why... my Model 12 Featherweight keeps locking up on me when you rack the bolt all the way back, it locks up and will NOT return to battery,,, put it back in the gunsafe, lean it up against a tree,, and odds are if you grab the forgrip and pick it up, that sombiotch will slide right back into battery,, a couple of model 12 guru's camped out with it for 6 months,, couldn't find a single thing wrong with it, brought it home all dissapointed and sure as chit went back to intermittent but frequent locking out of battery..

OD Green Magpul UBR Gen2 with OD Green MOE+ for "little Miss Wilson",, yeah, she's spoiled,, but she is running the bomb with that full mass KAK BCG and Geiselle Automatics 2 stage Enhanced,, wow.. and my old Rock River with the nasty 2 stage National Match trigger, now runs like hot butter with a JP light spring kit,,, its damn close the Geiselle, I don't believe it either, and it may be my imagination,, but I put together a couple of decent 3 shot groups today with a cheap az chi com scope,, yeah, I know, I'm ashamed, but its glass...

Anyway, I really like the UBR Gen2 on my small frame 5.56 medium heavy barrel, it is a nice compromise between a carbine stock, and an A2 stock.. I had seriously considered an A2 for "Little Miss Wilson", but one of the real attributes of this rifle is to be able to put it in the carbine case and take it to the farm.. the UBR Gen 2 will be a big help balancing the large frame rifle,, and I really am impressed with the MOE+,, it has such a nice grippy feel to it.. so I'm really looking forward to upgrading the handling of this rifle with the Magpul furniture.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the full size AR shotgun and just didn't like the way it handled.

This one points well and recoil is very manageable.

Stuck a little Sig Romeo on top.

I'm going to Alabama wild pig shooting in a couple weeks.

Think I'll take it along as well as an AR 308 and my Grendel.

8 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

I have to figure out when to make it into something.

I'm out of LaRue triggers, or I'd send you one.  I still need to send out @shooterrex's trigger, @blue109 bought one at the Spring Shoot that I haven't sent yet, and I have one remaining for Kimmy's .260 Rem gun. 

2 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I'm out of LaRue triggers, or I'd send you one.  I still need to send out @shooterrex's trigger, @blue109 bought one at the Spring Shoot that I haven't sent yet, and I have one remaining for Kimmy's .260 Rem gun. 

Those poor bastards have no idea what they are in for.  :lmao: 

I have a couple of different types of triggers including the Larue that I got from you last fall.

2 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

Those poor bastards have no idea what they are in for.  :lmao:

They'll get 'em faster than you did - I have ZERO planned gun builds - I already have all he guns I need...  :laffs: