• Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/2/2022 at 4:58 PM, MtnMike said:

Made the mistake of talking a while with Dude from Sportsman's Warehouse & handling a Ravin R10 crossbow. Pretty f-in nice package. I'm starting to feel an itch .... 

Keep an eye on the classified section here:

https://www.archerytalk.com/forums/crossbowtalk-com-crossbow-forum.362/

There are plenty of used crossbows out there that have a huge amount of life left in them.

Stopped in at the local gun shop today. One of the guys that works there ask me if I still was shooting 6.5 Grendel. Of course I answered yes. He said he was going back to 5.56 and ask if I was interested in a barrel,bolt, 10 rnd magazine, and some ammo and brass. He brought the pile of stuff out. 100 rnds of loaded ammo, 20 pieces of Hornady brass. 20" barrel w/gas block and tube and a bolt.

I ask him what he wanted for the lot. He said $100 and Ben Franklin jumped out of my pocket.

IMG_20220611_205050.jpg

@dpete  Appreciate the link.  I'll keep that in mind. I was unaware of that particular forum.  With the Biden economy, I've cooled my jets on the crossbow for this season.  Going to see how the new SC hunting digs pan out this year before dropping a bunch of $ for the extra 4 weeks of season.  Buddy about 2 hrs away has approximately 50 acres basically only being hunted by himself and his youngest son.  Cleared a bunch of undergrowth from 4 stand areas and put out a couple of salt blocks a couple of weeks ago.  Going to plant a few clover patches in late summer ... hopefully it will be bountiful!

16 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Nice, brother!

Yes that was a good deal. BUT you know that will cost me more as that barrel and bolt will become a rifle.

Already ordered an A2 stock and 15" rail for it. I have everything else I need to finish the build except glass.

2 hours ago, shooterrex said:

Yes that was a good deal. BUT you know that will cost me more as that barrel and bolt will become a rifle.

Already ordered an A2 stock and 15" rail for it. I have everything else I need to finish the build except glass.

These kinds of situations escalate quickly...   :laffs:

Still waiting on my 10" Volquartsen barrel for my takedown Charger SBR. But I don't expect the same delay as I had for my DT MDR, that was a 4 year wait for the rifle and another year for the 300BLK conversion that I cancelled and got refunded. I did want the new barrel for a steel challenge match this coming weekend. Now even if it's shipped today (not likely) I won't have time to sight it in. Sux to be me.

More stuff on order. Lancer mags. Placed the order on the 3rd and here it is the 13th. UPS shows that they haven't even taken possession of it from Botach. I sent them an email just now telling them if they can't get it to UPS to refund my $. Ten days should be MORE than enough time to get it to UPS!

10 hours ago, BrianK said:

But I don't expect the same delay as I had for my DT MDR, that was a 4 year wait for the rifle

Damn. That's got me beat. I ordered a POF P308 SBR, and it took just around 2 years before I finally got it. To tell the truth, I had forgotten about it, until my gun pusher called me and told me to come up and get the NFA paperwork started.

I ordered the 300BLk conversion at the same time and after it didn't show after another year (but dealers had theirs) I cancelled. That makes 5 years. I should have cancelled the entire order years sooner. After delivery DT upgraded the MDR and crapped on all their early buyers. Wonderful company. They send me emails with expensive stuff for sale and I just delete them. When I requested a refund they had the balls to charge me for the check after they used my $ for all that time interest free!

The wife asked what I wanted for Fathers Day. I immediately stated "Another bullet mould."

So this NOE 5 cavity mould was ordered. 

https://noebulletmolds.com/site/product-category/bullet-moulds/308-311/309-146-sp-h2/

Surprise, surprise, the order I had with Botach that sat on the loading dock for 10 days? The one I told them yesterday to cancel and refund my money? It shipped today. Just a coincidence I'm sure.

I'll bet the NOE order ships today. They handle orders the way I did when I had a mail order business. I always thought that the customers $ was loaned to me until I actually earned it by shipping their product. Actual shipping and not slapping a label on a package and having it wait until I was good and ready to ship it. Some orders got shipped in the same hour I received it.